Author Topic: Auction House Reborn  (Read 4172 times)

Offline Kyro (OP)

• Staff Member | Administrator
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 0
    • View profile
Auction House Reborn
« on: 11 July 2012, 11:55:48 PM »
Due to the tremendous amount of x-raying our devoted staff has been catching, a build up of dust in the auction house, and for something to do - we are going to resume weekly auctions of random items.

For those of you who havn't seen us do this:

1) We randomly toss items of all sorts into chests in the auction house.
2) The auctioneers (the mods or admins) then approximate the value of the chest in some kind of scale, such as very low (some wool, iron armor) to very high (rare items such as NPC eggs, dragon eggs, golden apples and so on).
3) The starting bid is relative to the value of the chest and bidding begins, ie: $100 for a very low chest, or $50k for a very high chest.
4) The items go to the winner regardless of whether it was a steal or they overpaid hugely.

Hopefully this can be a money sink while also sparking the circulation of rare items/elite enchanted equipment.

Offline Islid

• Cheese
  • Time Traveller Extraordinare
    • View profile
Re: Auction House Reborn
« Reply #1 on: 12 July 2012, 12:13:07 AM »
Do we get to view or know of the contents of the chest before bidding, or is it a blind auction?

Offline Kyro (OP)

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #2 on: 12 July 2012, 12:24:44 AM »
Ah yes, I was implying it is blind. Sorry.

Offline Bl4ck_St0ne

• I NEED MORE JLAW FACIALS PLS
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 1
  • I like cheesy bread.
    • View profile
« Reply #3 on: 12 July 2012, 01:19:31 AM »
It is semi blind, Us admins know what is in the chest, and so a rating from Low-Medium-High To describe what it is worth, and a starting price, then the auction goes from there.
The Fappening will continue... FOREVER ON JLAW NUDES... FOREVER ON!

Offline Islid

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #4 on: 12 July 2012, 01:45:22 AM »
Hmm... sounds like it could be good for very rich players. It'll definitely work as a money sink if people buy into it (so to speak).

Offline DarkenedAngel

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #5 on: 12 July 2012, 02:07:34 AM »
It is semi blind, Us admins know what is in the chest, and so a rating from Low-Medium-High To describe what it is worth, and a starting price, then the auction goes from there.
You guys need to work on you values more or something >.>... because they seemed a little off last time lol... could just be me tho lol

Offline Akomine

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 666
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
« Reply #6 on: 12 July 2012, 12:03:57 PM »
I'm actually thinking we should not say our opinions on the relative values, but instead simply state how many items are in the chest.
I want to really randomize the chests by rolling [virtual] dice to choose the things to put into them.

Ako is gay and has superaids - Air

Kovos_Datch

« Reply #7 on: 12 July 2012, 12:06:57 PM »
I don't think it really matters.... Rainy is so rich, he will just roll over any of our casual player's bids.

Offline Akomine

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 666
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
« Reply #8 on: 12 July 2012, 12:15:13 PM »
I don't think it really matters.... Rainy is so rich, he will just roll over any of our casual player's bids.

This is perhaps annoying, but also allows the auction house to sink money.
We could say that the winner of the last chest may not bid on the next one, to make sure one person can't dominate.

Ako is gay and has superaids - Air

Kovos_Datch

« Reply #9 on: 12 July 2012, 12:19:33 PM »

We could say that the winner of the last chest may not bid on the next one, to make sure one person can't dominate.

This sounds nice. It would also align well with your blind chest idea. If you know if the chest is going to be uber rare, you would wait and then roll over everyone on that one. With the blind chest idea, there is no way to know what is in the chest, therefore the person couldn't dominate.

Offline Islid

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #10 on: 12 July 2012, 01:52:21 PM »

This sounds nice. It would also align well with your blind chest idea. If you know if the chest is going to be uber rare, you would wait and then roll over everyone on that one. With the blind chest idea, there is no way to know what is in the chest, therefore the person couldn't dominate.

I think there's also the factor that Rainy's a bit of a miser and just wants to be on baltop. I don't think he wants to spend money. XD

Offline cjm721

• [FORUM BANNED]
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #11 on: 12 July 2012, 02:55:21 PM »

Rainy take it all? Does not have that much cash or a way to get cash faster then he is currently spending.