Author Topic: We Need Need help building a server  (Read 22393 times)

Offline Hogz (OP)

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 0
    • View profile
We Need Need help building a server
« on: 5 October 2013, 08:02:35 AM »
THIS IS NO ADVERTISEMENT

Me Becky Livid And a Little Luis are guna build a server if you want to help please msg me becky or livid
"ye boiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii" - JFK

John Coffey: I'm tired, boss. Tired of being on the road, lonely as a sparrow in the rain. I'm tired of never having a buddy to be with, to tell me where we's going to, coming from or why. Mostly, I'm tired of people being ugly to each other. I'm tired of all the pain I feel and hear in the world every day. There's too much of it. It's like pieces of glass in my head, all the time... Can you understand?" - The Green Mile

Offline PengBunny

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 11
    • View profile
Re: We Need Need help building a server
« Reply #1 on: 5 October 2013, 10:27:51 AM »
Sounds cool, if I can I will help.
You know a thread is really bad when PengBunny posts on it.

My daddy is Air

air when the fuck did you do this ^^^

Offline Hogz (OP)

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #2 on: 5 October 2013, 11:26:16 AM »
Kewl the first "village" is done we have a couple plugins aswell ask becky /livid online

John Coffey: I'm tired, boss. Tired of being on the road, lonely as a sparrow in the rain. I'm tired of never having a buddy to be with, to tell me where we's going to, coming from or why. Mostly, I'm tired of people being ugly to each other. I'm tired of all the pain I feel and hear in the world every day. There's too much of it. It's like pieces of glass in my head, all the time... Can you understand?" - The Green Mile

Offline Hogz (OP)

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #3 on: 6 October 2013, 01:38:27 PM »
Wahts the command to exspand a region/make on (sry were noobs)

Offline ChaosMushrooms

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • ckiens
    • View profile
« Reply #4 on: 6 October 2013, 02:40:35 PM »
Here's what Ako put in the Staff Help:

You can copy+paste these commands into MC, and edit them accordingly.

If creating a village, you need to collect the $5,000 fee first.

To create a village/region:

1. //wand
gives you the wand, which is a wood axe.

2. Either //sel cuboid, or //sel poly
Cuboid is for square/cube regions, poly (polygon) is any shape.

3a. If cuboid, with the wand, left click on a corner of the new region, and then go right click on the opposite corner.
A bird's eye view example of the 2 points you click. the village/region is the white space in the middle. L is the left click, and R the right click:
L ---------
|             |
|             |
|             |
|             |
---------- R

3b. If poly, left click to start a new region at that point, then right click several points around the region to create a shape that encompasses the new region.

4. //expand vert
this makes the region reach from bedrock to the absolute roof of the playable map.
In the less common cases where you don't want to go all the way: use //expand # u, or //expand # d, where u = up, d = down, and # = the number of blocks.
You can also expand in a compass direction with n w e or s.
You can also expand the direction you are facing (this is recommended) with //expand # me.

5. /region define [regionname] [username]
the region name MUST be 1 word, no spaces. the username MUST be the full name. You can add multiple owners with //region claim [regionname] [username] [username] [etc]. You can also use /region claim... to make yourself the owner.

6. /region flag [regionname] greeting &Y[REGIONNAME] &c** PVP-&ROff&c. Building-&ROff&c. **
This is the exact command, just fill in the region name twice, the 2nd time should be allcaps.. In the rare case where they want pvp on, use PVP-&GOn

7. /region flag [regionname] farewell &YOUTLANDS &c** PVP-&GOn&c. Building-&GOn&c. **
This is the exact command, and just needs the regionname once. In the rare case of a nether town, use NETHER instead of OUTLANDS.

8. /region flag [regionname] pvp deny
This is to turn off pvp, unless they would rather have it on, in which case either skip this step, or use "allow" instead of "deny".

And thats it! Region complete.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

More info and commands:

Select: To select a region, use /region sel [regionname]
Without the name, you will select the region you are in by default.

Find Region Name: To find a region name, use a stick and smack the ground. Or, use /region info while in the region

Expand: Expanding a region is free and does not require a fee. To do this, select the region, expand with the commands in step 4, and then use /region redefine [regionname]

Add/Remove Players: Adding and removing players to a region is the same as normal, and you can add/remove multiple players at once. It is a good idea to remove typo usernames right once you see them.
/region addowner [username] [username] [etc]
/region addmember [username] [username] [etc]

Delete: To delete a region use /region del [regionname]
Be careful with this.

Undo/Redo: To undo or redo a commands use //undo and //redo

Priority & Intersecting Regions: In the case where regions intersect, or a region is being created inside of a larger region (such as an arena in a village), you need to set priority for at least one of the regions. Regions with higher priority take precedent over other intersecting regions.
/region priority [regionname] #
The # is any number. Regions have default 0 priority, so if you are making an arena, give it priority 1 or more. We generally don't ask for a fee for creating a little arena in an existing village that has already paid the village fee.

Mob Repellant: When a village purchases mob repellant for $100,000, use this command to deny mob spawning:
/region flag [regionname] deny-spawn skeleton, spider, creeper, enderman, zombie, slime

Block Enderpearl Teleporting: /region flag [regionname] enderpearl deny
This is to turn off enderpearls, if requested, otherwise skip this step.

Offline Hogz (OP)

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #5 on: 6 October 2013, 02:54:52 PM »
Here's what Ako put in the Staff Help:

You can copy+paste these commands into MC, and edit them accordingly.

If creating a village, you need to collect the $5,000 fee first.

To create a village/region:

1. //wand
gives you the wand, which is a wood axe.

2. Either //sel cuboid, or //sel poly
Cuboid is for square/cube regions, poly (polygon) is any shape.

3a. If cuboid, with the wand, left click on a corner of the new region, and then go right click on the opposite corner.
A bird's eye view example of the 2 points you click. the village/region is the white space in the middle. L is the left click, and R the right click:
L ---------
|             |
|             |
|             |
|             |
---------- R

3b. If poly, left click to start a new region at that point, then right click several points around the region to create a shape that encompasses the new region.

4. //expand vert
this makes the region reach from bedrock to the absolute roof of the playable map.
In the less common cases where you don't want to go all the way: use //expand # u, or //expand # d, where u = up, d = down, and # = the number of blocks.
You can also expand in a compass direction with n w e or s.
You can also expand the direction you are facing (this is recommended) with //expand # me.

5. /region define [regionname] [username]
the region name MUST be 1 word, no spaces. the username MUST be the full name. You can add multiple owners with //region claim [regionname] [username] [username] [etc]. You can also use /region claim... to make yourself the owner.

6. /region flag [regionname] greeting &Y[REGIONNAME] &c** PVP-&ROff&c. Building-&ROff&c. **
This is the exact command, just fill in the region name twice, the 2nd time should be allcaps.. In the rare case where they want pvp on, use PVP-&GOn

7. /region flag [regionname] farewell &YOUTLANDS &c** PVP-&GOn&c. Building-&GOn&c. **
This is the exact command, and just needs the regionname once. In the rare case of a nether town, use NETHER instead of OUTLANDS.

8. /region flag [regionname] pvp deny
This is to turn off pvp, unless they would rather have it on, in which case either skip this step, or use "allow" instead of "deny".

And thats it! Region complete.

More info and commands:

Select: To select a region, use /region sel [regionname]
Without the name, you will select the region you are in by default.

Find Region Name: To find a region name, use a stick and smack the ground. Or, use /region info while in the region

Expand: Expanding a region is free and does not require a fee. To do this, select the region, expand with the commands in step 4, and then use /region redefine [regionname]

Add/Remove Players: Adding and removing players to a region is the same as normal, and you can add/remove multiple players at once. It is a good idea to remove typo usernames right once you see them.
/region addowner [username] [username] [etc]
/region addmember [username] [username] [etc]

Delete: To delete a region use /region del [regionname]
Be careful with this.

Undo/Redo: To undo or redo a commands use //undo and //redo

Priority & Intersecting Regions: In the case where regions intersect, or a region is being created inside of a larger region (such as an arena in a village), you need to set priority for at least one of the regions. Regions with higher priority take precedent over other intersecting regions.
/region priority [regionname] #
The # is any number. Regions have default 0 priority, so if you are making an arena, give it priority 1 or more. We generally don't ask for a fee for creating a little arena in an existing village that has already paid the village fee.

Mob Repellant: When a village purchases mob repellant for $100,000, use this command to deny mob spawning:
/region flag [regionname] deny-spawn skeleton, spider, creeper, enderman, zombie, slime

Block Enderpearl Teleporting: /region flag [regionname] enderpearl deny
This is to turn off enderpearls, if requested, otherwise skip this step.

Ty Ill give u 10K (I know you came online)

Offline Airbongo

• Staff Member | Administrator
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 69
  • Eh, what's up, doc?
    • View profile
« Reply #6 on: 6 October 2013, 03:08:31 PM »
Did you ask Ako for permission to post his guid, nigga?  ???

Offline luisc99

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 60
    • View profile
« Reply #7 on: 6 October 2013, 03:13:13 PM »
Did you ask Ako for permission to post his guid, nigga?  ???

Honestly chaos, you can't go around redistributing copyrighted material on the Internet you know...

Offline ChaosMushrooms

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • ckiens
    • View profile
« Reply #8 on: 6 October 2013, 04:10:27 PM »
fuck da police

Offline Airbongo

• Cheese
  • Eh, what's up, doc?
    • View profile
« Reply #9 on: 6 October 2013, 05:04:05 PM »

Offline Akomine

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 666
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
« Reply #10 on: 6 October 2013, 05:49:58 PM »
That info is specific to VC, meaning it is sortof incorrect for any other server to be using it, and furthermore Taylar (Hogz) is not someone I wish to be helping at this time.

Ako is gay and has superaids - Air

Offline Airbongo

• Cheese
  • Eh, what's up, doc?
    • View profile
« Reply #11 on: 6 October 2013, 06:07:41 PM »
THIS IS NO ADVERTISEMENT

Me Becky Livid And a Little Luis are guna build a server if you want to help please msg me becky or livid
Ever heard of a fucking coma?

Offline Die_Endermen

• [FORUM BANNED]
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: -1
    • View profile
« Reply #12 on: 6 October 2013, 08:56:44 PM »
DON'T

Offline Akomine

• Cheese
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
« Reply #13 on: 6 October 2013, 09:22:35 PM »
I like eating fish. One of my favourite kinds of fish is cod. What do you guys think about fish?

Offline Airbongo

• Cheese
  • Eh, what's up, doc?
    • View profile
« Reply #14 on: 6 October 2013, 09:23:32 PM »
I like eating fish. One of my favourite kinds of fish is cod. What do you guys think about fish?
I don't like fish. I like eating red meat. It comes from cows.
« Last Edit: 6 October 2013, 09:29:06 PM by airborne101st45 »

Offline Akomine

• Cheese
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
« Reply #15 on: 6 October 2013, 09:26:37 PM »
I don't like fish. I like eating red meat.

I like red meat as well. Here is a picture of some fish eating a cow:

Offline Airbongo

• Cheese
  • Eh, what's up, doc?
    • View profile
« Reply #16 on: 6 October 2013, 09:30:17 PM »

Two pics with different types of cows and meat.

There are many kinds of cows.

Offline Akomine

• Cheese
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
« Reply #17 on: 6 October 2013, 09:38:36 PM »

Yeah those remind me of this study on crows.
Turns out crows are pretty much the 2nd smartest animals on Earth after humans.
Only 2 animals are able to actually craft tools for specific purposes: crows and humans.
Did you know crows can learn to speak human languages?
Crows can also count!

Notice how the crow makes an original tool.
This is different than a monkey using a stick to get at ants in a log.
This tool is actually crafted anew.
I think the tool looks like a little bar.
Maybe it should be called a CROWBAR!

Here:

Offline Airbongo

• Cheese
  • Eh, what's up, doc?
    • View profile
« Reply #18 on: 6 October 2013, 10:05:56 PM »

Only 2 animals are able to actually craft tools for specific purposes: crows and humans.
Crows can also count!

Here:

Son of a bitch, damn crows are smart little fuckers. I'm glad you mentioned crowbars. I've been saving pictures of crowbars I like.

Did you know sharks do not have a single bone in their bodies. Instead they have a skeleton made up of cartilage; the same type of tough, flexible tissue that makes up human ears and noses.

Did you know the original soundtrack for Jaws was released by MCA in 1975, and as a CD in 1992, including roughly a half hour of music that John Williams redid for the album. In 2000, two versions of the score were released: one in a re-recording of the entire Jaws score by Royal Scottish National Orchestra conducted by Joel McNeely, and another to coincide with the release of the 25th anniversary DVD by Decca/Universal, featuring the entire 51 minutes of the original score. In 2005, it was ranked No.6 in AFI's 100 Years of Film Scores, a list which compiles the greatest American film scores.

Offline Akomine

• Cheese
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
« Reply #19 on: 6 October 2013, 10:19:00 PM »

Crows can also count!

Here:

Son of a bitch, damn crows are smart little fuckers. I'm glad you mentioned crowbars. I've been saving pictures of crowbars I like.

Did you know sharks do not have a single bone in their bodies. Instead they have a skeleton made up of cartilage; the same type of tough, flexible tissue that makes up human ears and noses.

Did you know the original soundtrack for Jaws was released by MCA in 1975, and as a CD in 1992, including roughly a half hour of music that John Williams redid for the album. In 2000, two versions of the score were released: one in a re-recording of the entire Jaws score by Royal Scottish National Orchestra conducted by Joel McNeely, and another to coincide with the release of the 25th anniversary DVD by Decca/Universal, featuring the entire 51 minutes of the original score. In 2005, it was ranked No.6 in AFI's 100 Years of Film Scores, a list which compiles the greatest American film scores.

Wow I really like that picture of Bryan Cranston with a crow bar, that is fantastic.
Here is a full episode of Malcolm In The Middle, which is the show that came after Breaking Bad:

The interesting part is, while Madagascar
 has 875 km of railways, it is actually divided up into two separate
 rail systems that do not even connect!

It is light gauge rail.

Offline Airbongo

• Cheese
  • Eh, what's up, doc?
    • View profile
« Reply #20 on: 6 October 2013, 10:29:35 PM »

Crows can also count!

Here:

Wow I really like that picture of Bryan Cranston with a crow bar, that is fantastic.
Here is a full episode of Malcolm In The Middle, which is the show that came after Breaking Bad:

It is light gauge rail.
wow nice railway map of Afghanistan in the Acrtic Circle. I watched that episode of Malcolm and it reminded me of the epic struggle of worker ants. Here are some pictures of some ants.

By the way, Ice cream (derived from earlier iced cream or cream ice[1]) is a frozen dessert usually made from dairy products, such as milk and cream and often combined with fruits or other ingredients and flavours. Most varieties contain sugar, although some are made with other sweeteners. In some cases, artificial flavourings and colourings are used in addition to, or instead of, the natural ingredients. The mixture of chosen ingredients is stirred slowly while cooling, in order to incorporate air and to prevent large ice crystals from forming. The result is a smoothly textured semi-solid foam that is malleable and can be scooped.

Witchdoctor1

« Reply #21 on: 7 October 2013, 12:10:48 AM »

Crows can also count!

<iframe width=\\\"640\\\" height=\\\"480\\\" src=\\\"//www.youtube.com/embed/TtmLVP0HvDg\\\" frameborder=\\\"0\\\" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Here:

<iframe width=\"640\" height=\"480\" src=\"//www.youtube.com/embed/qmZEibvfEAw\" frameborder=\"0\" allowfullscreen></iframe>

It is light gauge rail.

Very astute observation. Interestingly enough, the Order of the Teutonic Knights, a monastic Crusader Order from Germany, modeled their armor from that of the Polish Winged Hussars, the elite heavy cavalry in all of Eastern Europe. Ironically, during the earliest days of the Eastern Crusades led by the Teutonic Knights against the Pagan Lithuanian Kingdom, the Polish Winged Hussars actually came to the aid of their Pagan neighbors instead of supporting their fellow Catholic Knights. Due to the intervention of the Livonian Order, another Monastic Order of Knights, the Poles and the Teutonic Knights made peace and worked together to convert Lithuania to Catholicism. During the Second Ottoman Siege of Vienna, the Polish Winged Hussars, led by Jan III Sobieski (King of Poland) led the charge of reinforcements that broke the siege and essentially ended major Ottoman incursions into Europe in 1683.

Offline ChaosMushrooms

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • ckiens
    • View profile
« Reply #22 on: 7 October 2013, 01:46:28 AM »
tuna, bitch

Offline SirLogiC

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #23 on: 7 October 2013, 09:39:40 AM »

Crows can also count!

<iframe width=\\\"640\\\" height=\\\"480\\\" src=\\\"//www.youtube.com/embed/TtmLVP0HvDg\\\" frameborder=\\\"0\\\" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Here:

<iframe width=\"640\" height=\"480\" src=\"//www.youtube.com/embed/qmZEibvfEAw\" frameborder=\"0\" allowfullscreen></iframe>

It is light gauge rail.

Very astute observation. Interestingly enough, the Order of the Teutonic Knights, a monastic Crusader Order from Germany, modeled their armor from that of the Polish Winged Hussars, the elite heavy cavalry in all of Eastern Europe. Ironically, during the earliest days of the Eastern Crusades led by the Teutonic Knights against the Pagan Lithuanian Kingdom, the Polish Winged Hussars actually came to the aid of their Pagan neighbors instead of supporting their fellow Catholic Knights. Due to the intervention of the Livonian Order, another Monastic Order of Knights, the Poles and the Teutonic Knights made peace and worked together to convert Lithuania to Catholicism. During the Second Ottoman Siege of Vienna, the Polish Winged Hussars, led by Jan III Sobieski (King of Poland) led the charge of reinforcements that broke the siege and essentially ended major Ottoman incursions into Europe in 1683.

Interesting post. Reminds me of the dark ages and the crusades. After the collapse of the Roman empire a huge amount of knowledge was lost, but this knowledge was preserved in the Middle East. During the crusades many books were taken back to Europe. Among this knowledge was intermediate maths (geometry, algebra, the number 0). Combine this with a new system of experimenting which would become the scientific method, and eventually the printing press, would lead to the Renaissance and some time later the industrial revolution. Here is an example of renaissance art which uses the concept of perspective, fairly novel for the time.

Offline Hogz (OP)

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #24 on: 7 October 2013, 11:43:43 AM »
Halp how do u add tp cool down times and count downs for tping

Offline Airbongo

• Cheese
  • Eh, what's up, doc?
    • View profile
« Reply #25 on: 7 October 2013, 12:25:33 PM »

Crows can also count!

Here:

It is light gauge rail.

Interesting post. Reminds me of the dark ages and the crusades. After the collapse of the Roman empire a huge amount of knowledge was lost, but this knowledge was preserved in the Middle East. During the crusades many books were taken back to Europe. Among this knowledge was intermediate maths (geometry, algebra, the number 0). Combine this with a new system of experimenting which would become the scientific method, and eventually the printing press, would lead to the Renaissance and some time later the industrial revolution. Here is an example of renaissance art which uses the concept of perspective, fairly novel for the time.

Derailed train painting
« Last Edit: 7 October 2013, 12:27:45 PM by airborne101st45 »

Joshtimasprime

« Reply #26 on: 8 October 2013, 12:14:34 AM »
WHAT THE HOLY SHIT IS GOING ON?

Offline Hogz (OP)

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #27 on: 8 October 2013, 02:01:54 AM »

Offline Freelix2000

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • Meow.
    • View profile
« Reply #28 on: 8 October 2013, 11:11:50 PM »
Need custom plugins? I'm a developer! Also, I made a new website... it doesn't have any members yet, its sort of a developer team, but its also going to be a community for server owners. Not much of a community yet, but it would help if you joined.

http://projectmcserverdev.enjin.com

Screw that, the brand on your ass takes priority since it has a physical manifestation. You belong to me, mother trucker.
Freelix is awesome.
Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Offline Hogz (OP)

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #29 on: 9 October 2013, 02:30:00 AM »
Ive posted one on your website