Author Topic: Interesting video  (Read 2097 times)

Offline ChaosMushrooms (OP)

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 0
  • ckiens
    • View profile
Interesting video
« on: 16 October 2013, 02:31:17 PM »
So I stumbled across this and found it pretty interesting:

Offline Akomine

• Staff Member | Administrator
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 666
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
Re: Interesting video
« Reply #1 on: 16 October 2013, 03:13:57 PM »
I like some of what he said, but his overall "thesis" that we have a soul that has always existed and will always exist regardless of our physical body is something I do not agree with. Though it is poetic and intriguing, there is no evidence that souls exist. It's a vaguely defined term, of which different people claim different truths attached to it, though I have never seen any proof.

You've got one life to live, try to find happiness and share happiness with others. Don't assume our minds get to go on existing forever. That's how I am more and more starting to roll.

Ako is gay and has superaids - Air

Offline ChaosMushrooms (OP)

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 0
  • ckiens
    • View profile
« Reply #2 on: 16 October 2013, 03:27:24 PM »
I understand your point, but what if the thing that makes me happy is that belief? (I am not trying to start some kind of debate here, I am just saying what I think about it)

Offline Akomine

• Staff Member | Administrator
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 666
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
« Reply #3 on: 16 October 2013, 03:54:47 PM »
I understand your point, but what if the thing that makes me happy is that belief? (I am not trying to start some kind of debate here, I am just saying what I think about it)

I was just commenting on what we can know to be true, because I think truth is important to help attain and share happiness.

If a belief in X makes you happy, who am I to take that from you? Believe away. :)

Ako is gay and has superaids - Air