Author Topic: Facts  (Read 7137 times)

Joshtimasprime

Facts
« on: 20 October 2013, 04:44:40 PM »
Fact: Jason Voorhees doesn't actually kill anyone in the original Friday the 13th movie.

Fact: Some morphsuits come with penis sheaths on the inside to contain your genitals.

Fact: The film V for Vendetta misses the entire point of the original comic book yet somehow is still a good film.

Fact: Missing No. does not corrupt any data in your pokemon games except the hall of fame.

Fact: Air is a dirty mexican.

write more facts down below.

Offline JANUARYJONES

• Staff Member | Administrator
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 1
    • View profile
Re: Facts
« Reply #1 on: 20 October 2013, 05:25:43 PM »
Fact: Missing No. does not corrupt any data in your pokemon games except the hall of fame.

False. It can scramble the graphics in the game even if you release it.

Offline Airbongo

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 69
  • Eh, what's up, doc?
    • View profile
« Reply #2 on: 20 October 2013, 05:27:09 PM »
Fact: your mom gives great head

Fact: my blood is Spanish and French

Offline ChaosMushrooms

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 0
  • ckiens
    • View profile
« Reply #3 on: 21 October 2013, 02:01:16 AM »
Fact: I'm cool

Fact: Paul Mccartney's first performance to John Lennon was 20 flight rock

Offline Hogz

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #4 on: 21 October 2013, 02:49:52 AM »
Fact: Air is just Mexican be default not a dirty one
"ye boiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii" - JFK

John Coffey: I'm tired, boss. Tired of being on the road, lonely as a sparrow in the rain. I'm tired of never having a buddy to be with, to tell me where we's going to, coming from or why. Mostly, I'm tired of people being ugly to each other. I'm tired of all the pain I feel and hear in the world every day. There's too much of it. It's like pieces of glass in my head, all the time... Can you understand?" - The Green Mile

Witchdoctor1

« Reply #5 on: 21 October 2013, 04:16:12 AM »
Fact: 93.7% of you are total fucktards, 0.3% are awesome as hell, and 6% are tolerable
    (NOTE: +/- 1.275 margin of error)

Offline Akomine

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 666
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
« Reply #6 on: 21 October 2013, 01:55:00 PM »

False. It can scramble the graphics in the game even if you release it.

I concur, false.

Having caught several Missingnos and Mblocks and whatever the other ones are called, I once decided to save my game, and saw some insane graphical glitches take place. Fearing my save was fucked, I turned off and on my Gameboy to find that the only option I had was to start a new game. I can't remember if the game would even let me save ever again, but I never really played it again.

Regardless, false, unless you are getting really specific that the Missingno glitch pokemon isn't that bad, because its friends are.

I'm curious, what was the original point of the V for Vendetta comic? The movie was decent with a somewhat clear message, albeit retarded fight sequences...
« Last Edit: 21 October 2013, 02:24:37 PM by Akomine »

Ako is gay and has superaids - Air

Offline ChaosMushrooms

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • ckiens
    • View profile
« Reply #7 on: 21 October 2013, 02:27:12 PM »
I'm curious, what was the original point of the V for Vendetta comic? The movie was decent with a somewhat clear message, albeit retarded fight sequences...

We read a text a couple of years ago at school that went something like: A guy was bad or something and got killed by other bad guys and then the guys mum got real angry with the other guys so starved a dog then when the other bad dude came over the dog ate him or something.

Joshtimasprime

« Reply #8 on: 21 October 2013, 09:30:25 PM »
Fact: The cake is a lie.

Offline Airbongo

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 69
  • Eh, what's up, doc?
    • View profile
« Reply #9 on: 22 October 2013, 12:00:02 AM »
Fact: I hate it when I take a shit and the poop sticks to my butt cheeks like glue.

Offline SirLogiC

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #10 on: 22 October 2013, 12:51:54 AM »
The only function of DNA in cells is making proteins. Proteins are made from amino acids. While cells use many amino acids, DNA itself is only made using four- adenine, thymine, guanine, cytosine. ALL life on Earth has DNA with only those four amino acids, from whales, wheat, humans, crabs, all bacteria and viruses, mould, ferns, etc.

Ok so the proteins made by DNA, those make everything else. Some proteins are called hormones- these trigger certain cells to produce other proteins. Hormones are used a lot, they help define how you are transformed from a single cell and into the human shape. Spots on animals with spots are triggered by numerous proteins- a protein is released that causes skin cells to develop dark pigment, but they also release another hormone that inhibits nearby cells doing this- thus spots develop. Some proteins are called vitamins. Hair and fingernails are made of a protein called keratin. Bone is made by proteins that calcify (bond with calcium). You should know that meat (muscle) is protein.

fact- you can't sneeze and keep your eyes open at the same time.
fact- the monitor or screen you are viewing this from emits no yellow light/colour, it's just how our eyes perceive it  ;)
fact- above average effect/illusory superiority- a majority of people will say they are above average IQ, when 85% percent of people have an IQ 115.5 or lower ("average" IQ range is 85-115). This effect applies in nearly any area you care to measure.
fact- If the Earth was the size of an orange the International Space Station would be less than 1cm (less than 2/5") away, the Moon would be closer to 1 metre(3 1/3') away.
fact- turds are brown because oh the process of how dead blood cells (specifically the haemoglobin in them) are metabolised.

Joshtimasprime

« Reply #11 on: 22 October 2013, 12:32:42 PM »
The only function of DNA in cells is making proteins. Proteins are made from amino acids. While cells use many amino acids, DNA itself is only made using four- adenine, thymine, guanine, cytosine. ALL life on Earth has DNA with only those four amino acids, from whales, wheat, humans, crabs, all bacteria and viruses, mould, ferns, etc.

Ok so the proteins made by DNA, those make everything else. Some proteins are called hormones- these trigger certain cells to produce other proteins. Hormones are used a lot, they help define how you are transformed from a single cell and into the human shape. Spots on animals with spots are triggered by numerous proteins- a protein is released that causes skin cells to develop dark pigment, but they also release another hormone that inhibits nearby cells doing this- thus spots develop. Some proteins are called vitamins. Hair and fingernails are made of a protein called keratin. Bone is made by proteins that calcify (bond with calcium). You should know that meat (muscle) is protein.

fact- you can't sneeze and keep your eyes open at the same time.
fact- the monitor or screen you are viewing this from emits no yellow light/colour, it's just how our eyes perceive it  ;)
fact- above average effect/illusory superiority- a majority of people will say they are above average IQ, when 85% percent of people have an IQ 115.5 or lower ("average" IQ range is 85-115). This effect applies in nearly any area you care to measure.
fact- If the Earth was the size of an orange the International Space Station would be less than 1cm (less than 2/5") away, the Moon would be closer to 1 metre(3 1/3') away.
fact- turds are brown because oh the process of how dead blood cells (specifically the haemoglobin in them) are metabolised.

More of this everyone! This is beautiful!

Offline ChaosMushrooms

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • ckiens
    • View profile
« Reply #12 on: 22 October 2013, 12:42:52 PM »

Joshtimasprime

« Reply #13 on: 22 October 2013, 01:24:05 PM »

Offline ChaosMushrooms

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • ckiens
    • View profile
« Reply #14 on: 22 October 2013, 01:41:33 PM »

Offline ChaosMushrooms

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • ckiens
    • View profile
« Reply #15 on: 22 October 2013, 02:22:24 PM »
Fact: info.cern.ch was the first website ever made

Offline OctoGamer

• Staff Member | Forum Mod
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 22
  • #vc4lyfe
    • View profile
« Reply #16 on: 22 October 2013, 03:07:57 PM »
Fact: 93.7% of you are total fucktards, 0.3% are awesome as hell, and 6% are tolerable
i'm definitely in the awesome as hell group

Offline JANUARYJONES

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 1
    • View profile
« Reply #17 on: 23 October 2013, 11:54:27 AM »

Well that awfully bitter of you.

Witchdoctor1

« Reply #18 on: 23 October 2013, 02:57:28 PM »

Well that awfully bitter of you.

I learned from the best ;)

blacka_ch33ze

« Reply #19 on: 26 October 2013, 12:43:40 PM »
fact: if you are a penguin this penguin flight simulator called learn to fly 2

www.kongregate.com/penguin-games‎

fact: terraria updated to 1.2 and has some great stuff it updated.October 1st (only for pc)
« Last Edit: 26 October 2013, 12:50:56 PM by blacka_ch33ze »

Joshtimasprime

« Reply #20 on: 26 October 2013, 02:34:12 PM »
fact: if you are a penguin this penguin flight simulator called learn to fly 2

www.kongregate.com/penguin-games‎

fact: terraria updated to 1.2 and has some great stuff it updated.October 1st (only for pc)
The first one isn't a fact and the second one is an opinion.

Offline SirLogiC

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #21 on: 28 October 2013, 01:48:38 AM »
Most large, multicellular organisms have nitrogen waste. Fish basically piss ammonia, they release it through their gills, so they never let it build up. Getting rid of it like this is very energy cheap but relies on the environment to neutralise the ammonia. This is why you should change the fish tank water regularly- the ammonia will kill them eventually.

Land animals cannot do that, they have bladders and build up a piss, storing ammonia like that would be toxic and dangerous. Mammals metabolise ammonia into urea, which the kidneys then filter out of the blood. This is also why you shouldn't drink piss- besides other harmful things the urea is mildly poisonous.

Egg laying land animals have an additional problem- if the young in the egg let ammonia or urea build up in the egg they will poison themselves before they hatch. They get around it by further metabolising urea into uric acid. This costs more energy but uric acid is insoluble, so basically inert. It's actually the white stuff you see in bird poop.

fact- the Latin name for lead is plumbum, it is where we get the word plumbing from. The ancient Romans used lead for plumbing. If you heard of crazy Roman emperors it's because they were all      drinking leaded water (or even wine from wine fountains!) their entire lives.
fact- it takes light about 8 and a half minutes to reach Earth from the Sun.
fact- honey doesn't spoil, they have found honey in ancient Egyptian tombs that was basically edible.
fact- Wikipedia has banned the Church of Scientology from editing any pages.