Author Topic: A post regarding 1.7  (Read 4287 times)

Offline luisc99 (OP)

• Staff Member | Administrator
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 60
    • View profile
A post regarding 1.7
« on: 25 October 2013, 05:17:52 PM »
So, as most of you probably know 1.7.2 was released today, and believe it or not I have already had 2 people ask me when we're updating. As with all other previous updates, we update when a stable build of Bukkit becomes avaliable and most, if not all of our plugins are compatable.

With 1.7 things are slightly different because of how the world is saved badly and we must go through two updates this time. Basicaly, biomes and structures in the world are saved with the seed, so a desert biome is a 100,100 and the seed confirms that, and there may be a nether fortress at 350,-20 and the seed would confirm that. With the major world gen changes in 1.7 though, the seed will say somethign different. The update of 1.6.4 loads the world with the 1.6 seed, but saves all the data to a disk so it doesn't but out in the 1.7 update. Because of this, plugins have to update twice, making the final update longer. (Not to mention the re-write of pretty much everything that will screw over most mods and plugins, but they should be fine)

We know you want to play with the new biomes, but these things take time. Modders and plugin developers don't work magic, they write code :P Give us time!

Here is a screenshot of the update tracker me, ako and air have. As you can see, we are far off...

I'll just say now, even though this is teh "Update that changed the world" Ako has said he is not changing the world. There is plenty of the world still to be explored! (In fact, only about 1.6% of the world has been explored) If you want new land, explore. Otherwise, deal with it!

Sidenote, I'll be away until Monday. Don't pester me about anything unless it's urgent!

Finally, we plan to update as soon as possible, but not for a few weeks. Hopefuly mid november if all goes smoothly, but no promises :P
« Last Edit: 25 October 2013, 05:23:57 PM by luisc99 »

Offline Airbongo

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 69
  • Eh, what's up, doc?
    • View profile
Re: A post regarding 1.7
« Reply #1 on: 25 October 2013, 06:17:43 PM »
Nice :D
Sidenote: Coders are actually wizards..

Offline luisc99 (OP)

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #2 on: 25 October 2013, 06:46:35 PM »
Coders are actually wizards..

It's true, people code by throwing words into a cauldron, and a disc with the program on it drops out. Sometimes if you throw the wrong words in it bubbles over and spills, but they're the problems we try and fix ;)

Also air, dat judgemental ellipsis!! :D

Offline Akomine

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 666
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
« Reply #3 on: 25 October 2013, 07:05:26 PM »
Coders are actually wizards..

Also air, dat judgemental ellipsis!! :D

Zing!

It's worth noting that the big red piece of the pie is won't work OR unsure, meaning while a plugin might not be listed with a 1.6.4 version, an older version might work just fine. We just need to test it, and it might join the orange slice.
« Last Edit: 25 October 2013, 07:07:48 PM by Akomine »

Ako is gay and has superaids - Air

Offline luisc99 (OP)

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #4 on: 25 October 2013, 07:33:24 PM »
It's worth noting that the big red piece of the pie is won't work OR unsure, meaning while a plugin might not be listed with a 1.6.4 version, an older version might work just fine. We just need to test it, and it might join the orange slice.

This is true, as about 70% of the plugins in the list are in the "untested" catagory, but in reality the red zone will only cover about one or two of the older plugins. We need to test more. I would've put t forth section into the chart, but I was tired and needed some sleep :/

Offline PengBunny

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 11
    • View profile
« Reply #5 on: 25 October 2013, 07:40:41 PM »
MMM, orange slices.
You know a thread is really bad when PengBunny posts on it.

My daddy is Air

air when the fuck did you do this ^^^

Offline ColeMadeAwesome

• Member of Parliament
  • Villager
  • Llamas: 0
  • I am Cole.
    • View profile
« Reply #6 on: 8 December 2013, 11:31:15 AM »
I heard that updating to 1.6.4 will save your world before updating to 1.7.

Offline luisc99 (OP)

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #7 on: 8 December 2013, 12:18:23 PM »
I heard that updating to 1.6.4 will save your world before updating to 1.7.

It will, we have it all planned out. Just waiting for Bukkit now :D

Also, please don't post on old topics, but I'll let you off this once as it was relevant.