Author Topic: VillageCraft IRC: cross-server and forum chat  (Read 2409 times)

Offline Akomine (OP)

• Staff Member | Administrator
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 666
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
VillageCraft IRC: cross-server and forum chat
« on: 29 October 2013, 07:56:09 PM »
VillageCraft Internet Relay Chat

VillageCraft now has Internet Relay Chat (IRC) that relays chat from VillageCraft, VillageCraft Vanilla, the new Chat feature here on the Forum, as well as on the main IRC server at www.esper.net on our #villagecraft channel.

This means that you can communicate to and from any of these places.

-> To use it in VillageCraft or VillageCraft Vanilla, just type. IRC messages from outside the server are clearly denoted.
For example, if you are on VC it will look like this when I chat from VCVanilla:
[IRC] VCVanilla: Akomine: cheese and crackers.

-> To use it here on the Forums, click the "Chat" button near the top left of the page and click "Connect".

-> To use it directly from the Esper IRC server, go to www.esper.net and connect to #villagecraft

TL;DR - You can easily chat with people on either server at the same time.
Enjoy.

PS: there is currently no way to toggle viewing IRC messages, though I may look into it.

Ako is gay and has superaids - Air

Offline luisc99

• Staff Member | Administrator
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 60
    • View profile
Re: VillageCraft IRC: cross-server and forum chat
« Reply #1 on: 6 March 2014, 05:24:44 PM »
Hate to bring up an old post, but I'm just giving a notice :D

After a short absence from the plugins, mainly due to crashes, the IRc has been dis functional for a while. Today though, while working on something new with ten, I fixed it, with a new and improved plugin!

It works exactly the same as before with the old plugins, except this one shows player's nicknames and prefixes in their full glory, as well as shameful death messages. There are also some various other tweeks too.

If anyone finds any bugs with it, tell me, or ask another member of staff to pass it on to me. Other than that, enjoy cross-server chat again!