Author Topic: Die_Endermen report on LividUp64 and a discussion on discussing religion  (Read 16497 times)

Offline Die_Endermen (OP)

• [FORUM BANNED]
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: -1
    • View profile
Accused player(s): LividUp64, possibly ThatAsianOne
Player(s) effected: Die_Endermen and ChaosMushrooms
Time occurred: Around 2:30 to 2:55 PM EST
Screenshots: I only got a few screenies but they have co-ords I don't want people seeing.
Brief summary of what happened: Alright, Livid was starting a religious debate on vanilla when I got on. I told livid to shut up and corrected him and attempted to make me shut up. Chaos told us to stop, I did. I didn't /ignore Livid but I was about to. Livid wouldn't shut up and I didn't look at what he said. Chaos told us to apologize when Livid thought I was ignoring him and said the apology would be worthless. I said sorry to Livid and Livid was backtalking Chaos. Livid kept saying sorry to me after Chaos left and then he got on regular VC and started talking with ThatAsianOne. After a while, I could see what livid was saying in VC chat. He kept saying things in caps to me and wouldn't shut up. After that, he persuaded Asian (possibly in /msg) to be his monkey and say things he wanted him to say so Livid wouldn't get in trouble. So then, I told Asian to stay out of this and that it was over. However Livid kept telling him things like "say: Islam is the best". This was so fucking annoying so I decided to tell livid to shut up after being told by Chaos to end it. I warned Livid and Asian to stop. They wouldn't which is why I'm here. He deliberately mocked staff request repeatedly and would never let it go. Thank you for your time.

Die_Endermen
« Last Edit: 6 November 2013, 11:28:19 PM by Akomine »

Offline ChaosMushrooms

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 0
  • ckiens
    • View profile
Re: LividUp64
« Reply #1 on: 5 November 2013, 03:31:08 PM »
I know that between you and Livid there has been a lot of ridiculous and childish arguments about religion and racism etc. Now, I understand the whole freedom of speech thing on VillageCraft and that you guys have different opinions, however I suggest that you guys just tone it down when talking to each other and as for Livid, try not to get offended by everything and don't make everything into an argument proving why you're 'right' and why your religion is good; I know that it may seem annoying to be on a server with many people who disagree with your religious beliefs but that doesn't mean you have to be mean about it, just tell them that they can think what they like and if they take it any further then ignore them. Die, this goes for you too as well as to stop provoking Livid. So in future, please keep your opinions to yourselves.

I don't personally have anything against you guys or your religions and I honestly couldn't give two, so stop having a go and leave it at that.

Lividup64

« Reply #2 on: 5 November 2013, 03:33:01 PM »
Yes, I did say that. Although, I did apologise before that, with the both of us agreeing not to continue. I apologised saying, "I am sorry for expressing my view," and she went on and on and on about how I was "criticizing." I also want to point out that she was just as "rude," if you want, as me. Chaos settled us, told me to apologise, I did, then she started going on and on about me and how I was not doing what I have stated. May I also point out, she butted into a conversation me and Chaos was having, about first impressions about people. He called my religion a race, I corrected him, and Die butted in, and started insulting my religion. She said the following, "you're religion is fake," "You are all liars," and "You're religion is a cult." Therefor, this report is a closed matter, since Chaos has resolved it, and should be deemed not relevant.

Offline ChaosMushrooms

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • ckiens
    • View profile
« Reply #3 on: 5 November 2013, 03:34:49 PM »
Yes, I did say that. Although, I did apologise before that, with the both of us agreeing not to continue. I apologised saying, "I am sorry for expressing my view," and she went on and on and on about how I was "criticizing." I also want to point out that she was just as "rude," if you want, as me. Chaos settled us, told me to apologise, I did, then she started going on and on about me and how I was not doing what I have stated. May I also point out, she butted into a conversation me and Chaos was having, about first impressions about people. He called my religion a race, I corrected him, and Die butted in, and started insulting my religion. She said the following, "you're religion is fake," "You are all liars," and "You're religion is a cult." Therefor, this report is a closed matter, since Chaos has resolved it, and should be deemed not relevant.

The problem will not be resolved until you guys keep your opinions to yourselves and keep quiet. If what you say is going to hurt someone's feelings or offend them, don't say it.

• [FORUM BANNED]
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #4 on: 5 November 2013, 03:37:55 PM »
The problem will not be resolved until you guys keep your opinions to yourselves and keep quiet. If what you say is going to hurt someone's feelings or offend them, don't say it.
^ This. I'm not even gonna talk anymore.

Offline Airbongo

• Staff Member | Administrator
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 69
  • Eh, what's up, doc?
    • View profile
« Reply #5 on: 5 November 2013, 05:25:37 PM »
Soo which two religions are we talkin bout? I'd be glad to explain you why both of them make no sense  ;)
« Last Edit: 5 November 2013, 05:27:44 PM by Airborne101st45 »

Offline JANUARYJONES

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 1
    • View profile
« Reply #6 on: 5 November 2013, 06:16:19 PM »
Or we can accept people have different beliefs and not insult them.

Offline knitefall

• Cheese
  • Fuck you, fuck you, your cool, fuck you, I am out!
    • View profile
« Reply #7 on: 5 November 2013, 06:25:09 PM »

But thats not possible

Offline Airbongo

• Cheese
  • Eh, what's up, doc?
    • View profile
« Reply #8 on: 5 November 2013, 06:49:22 PM »
I don't think pointing out facts is insulting ;D

Offline Airbongo

• Cheese
  • Eh, what's up, doc?
    • View profile
« Reply #9 on: 5 November 2013, 07:11:55 PM »

Offline JANUARYJONES

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #10 on: 5 November 2013, 07:23:34 PM »

Offline Akomine

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 666
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
« Reply #11 on: 5 November 2013, 08:05:18 PM »
Rather than having mean-spirited arguments in-game, I hereby invite anyone to have a "religious debate" with me.

Perhaps with you trying to prove your god exists or your religion is true or something along those lines.
We'd establish some simple guidelines, avoid blindly insulting each other, and just do it in a forum thread.

Let me know if you are interested. (I'm not really interested in being an asshole or arguing, I just find the whole topic extremely interesting and bizzare, and like thinking and talking about it.)

Ako is gay and has superaids - Air

Offline Akomine

• Cheese
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
« Reply #12 on: 5 November 2013, 08:22:58 PM »
And as a note directly relating to this thread: Die, you've accused Livid of something, but I can't quite tell what.
I'm updating the report form to avoid this problem.

What exactly is the accusation?

Offline Airbongo

• Cheese
  • Eh, what's up, doc?
    • View profile
« Reply #13 on: 5 November 2013, 08:29:40 PM »

Lol, I guess i'm an asshole for disliking religions that condemn me (and you since you are an atheist) to eternal punishment just because I don't believe in god.

• [FORUM BANNED]
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #14 on: 5 November 2013, 08:30:58 PM »
And as a note directly relating to this thread: Die, you've accused Livid of something, but I can't quite tell what.

that I said his religion is fake I think that's it

Offline Akomine

• Cheese
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
« Reply #15 on: 5 November 2013, 08:53:28 PM »

Pardon? What are you accusing him of?

Offline hobbes13

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 2
    • View profile
« Reply #16 on: 5 November 2013, 09:14:44 PM »

I wish minecraft was free of people saying fake. Keep it to ur self.

Offline hobbes13

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 2
    • View profile
« Reply #17 on: 5 November 2013, 09:16:30 PM »
*saying certain religions are fake. I have full respect for all religions and i think others should too

Offline tenretni

• Auxiliary Staff
  • Villager
    • View profile
« Reply #18 on: 5 November 2013, 10:44:24 PM »
Yeah, no. A proper discussion I can understand, but that seems a little uncalled for. Each person has the right to believe as they choose. Definitely something you could have keep to yourself since it is such a strongly bias opinion.

• [FORUM BANNED]
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #19 on: 5 November 2013, 11:05:04 PM »

Pardon? What are you accusing him of?
Uh... accusing that his religion was fake while he was just complaining about how he thinks mine is a joke.

Also yes ten it was totally uncalled for. I shouldnt've said it but he never shuts up. The other day, he wouldn't shut up about racism and started being bossy. I hate being treated by him like that, and I assume trumpet772 or whatever it is doesn't appreciate it. You know why? Well, trumpet asked a question for something in MC and this was livid's response - "Google it you fatass get off your seat stupid child". So, next time I will keep to myself and I did abuse the freedom of speech policy.

Livid, please, just shut up about your religion as I have no interest in you talking about it and bragging.

Offline MossyPaws

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • bruh I'm on an all pie diet
    • View profile
« Reply #20 on: 5 November 2013, 11:09:36 PM »
People who don't believe in certain religions or vice versa should keep it to themselves.
It creates conflict.
discord- katie#7438

Offline Airbongo

• Cheese
  • Eh, what's up, doc?
    • View profile
« Reply #21 on: 5 November 2013, 11:17:23 PM »
People who don't believe in certain religions or vice versa should keep it to themselves.
It creates conflict.
Disagree. Religion is not immune to criticism.

Offline JANUARYJONES

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #22 on: 6 November 2013, 11:48:19 AM »
Lol, I guess i'm an asshole for disliking religions that condemn me (and you since you are an atheist) to eternal punishment just because I don't believe in god.

I'm not an atheist really... There's not any proof that gods exist and there's not any proof that they don't. I think that getting into arguments over religion is a waste of time and emotions. I realized that I don't feel good when I tell people what I think of their religion, I feel like an asshole and so should you.
If there's anything more irritating than close minded rude religious people it's the asshole atheists who act like they're smarter and better than them.
Even if they believe I'll go to hell or whatever, I'd rather accept them for who they are and love them than push them away with unnecessary conflicts. I don't know, I've changed.

On another note,
Die if you can't tolerate Livid, just /ignore him, don't keep stirring the drama pot until you allow yourself to get so annoyed you post complaints.
« Last Edit: 6 November 2013, 11:52:46 AM by JANUARYJONES »

Offline MossyPaws

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • bruh I'm on an all pie diet
    • View profile
« Reply #23 on: 6 November 2013, 02:22:25 PM »
It creates conflict.
Disagree. Religion is not immune to criticism.
Didn't say it was. I'm just saying, on a Minecraft server, people should keep it to themselves.
discord- katie#7438

Offline Airbongo

• Cheese
  • Eh, what's up, doc?
    • View profile
« Reply #24 on: 6 November 2013, 02:31:27 PM »

I'm not an atheist really... There's not any proof that gods exist and there's not any proof that they don't. I think that getting into arguments over religion is a waste of time and emotions. I realized that I don't feel good when I tell people what I think of their religion, I feel like an asshole and so should you.
If there's anything more irritating than close minded rude religious people it's the asshole atheists who act like they're smarter and better than them.
Even if they believe I'll go to hell or whatever, I'd rather accept them for who they are and love them than push them away with unnecessary conflicts. I don't know, I've changed.

On another note,
Die if you can't tolerate Livid, just /ignore him, don't keep stirring the drama pot until you allow yourself to get so annoyed you post complaints.
Well, I completely disagree. With something as influential as religion, we should not keep quiet. That's why religion still has a lot of power.

Offline JANUARYJONES

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #25 on: 6 November 2013, 03:06:16 PM »
Go ahead and be an asshole to everyone who has different beliefs than you and let me know how you changed the world.

Offline Airbongo

• Cheese
  • Eh, what's up, doc?
    • View profile
« Reply #26 on: 6 November 2013, 03:32:42 PM »
Go ahead and be an asshole to everyone who has different beliefs than you and let me know how you changed the world.
I'm not an asshole to them, I am an asshole against their religion. Why should I respect something based on a horrible book like the bible or the quran? You perfectly know what is written in those books and it is definitely not worthy of respect or worship. Most theists have no idea what is written in their own holy books and they blindly follow their religion. When a christian praises God, you don't call him an asshole so why am I an asshole for talking about my own lack of beliefs? #doublestandards

I don't want to continue arguing :p

« Last Edit: 6 November 2013, 03:40:49 PM by Airborne101st45 »

Offline Akomine

• Cheese
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
« Reply #27 on: 6 November 2013, 05:09:56 PM »
I'm not an atheist really... There's not any proof that gods exist and there's not any proof that they don't.
You sound exactly 100% like... an atheist. Really.

I not only can't find the spot in this thread where Air was being an asshole, but I also disagree with your sentiment that an atheist discussing beliefs is definitely just being an asshole. It's the oldest bullshit line in a religious person's book of deflections, and I am fucking surprised you've bought into it. Cheer up, dear Jan. <3

Offline Akomine

• Cheese
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
« Reply #28 on: 6 November 2013, 05:49:44 PM »
Oh and because Die still hasn't told me what exactly she is reporting in this report, I'm moving it.

Joshtimasprime

« Reply #29 on: 6 November 2013, 06:11:23 PM »

• [FORUM BANNED]
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #30 on: 6 November 2013, 08:07:25 PM »
Oh and because Die still hasn't told me what exactly she is reporting in this report, I'm moving it.
Alright, it's not for what livid said. He also kept talking after Chaos told him to stop, and then (possibly) bribed ThatAsianOne to continue with Livid.