Author Topic: Twitch in 13w47e!  (Read 3209 times)

Offline luisc99 (OP)

• Staff Member | Administrator
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 60
    • View profile
Twitch in 13w47e!
« on: 22 November 2013, 02:08:50 PM »
So, you can now stream Minecraft to Twitch.tv from directly in game! I'm sure many people (Aida) will use this. When we update, I wanna see everyone streaming VillageCraft!

It sounded amazing at first and, dispite never really used Twitch all that much beofre, I was eager to try it out, like I always am with snapshots, so I loaded it up and clicked on the new "Broadcast Settings" button in the options menu. However, rather than being greeted with the options menu Dinnerbone promised, I was given a rather confusing message.

Now, forgive me if I am wrong but 2.1.0 is a higher version than 1.5, right? Does OpenGL use some horrific versioning system where you can't tell which comes after what? Maybe this is why shaders don't work for me too. Is it possible to have two versions of OpenGL installed, because I never installed any manually? Anyone know how to update, without getting new hardware? Why you be so broken laptop :(

Sidenote: The new music is awesome! If only the sound engine hadn't been rewritten it might play properly :P

Offline Airbongo

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 69
  • Eh, what's up, doc?
    • View profile
Re: Twitch in 13w47e!
« Reply #1 on: 22 November 2013, 03:39:44 PM »
I don't know bout your problem but I'll do some research when I get home. But on a related note, there's a new service provided by Nvidia called Nvidia shadowplay. The drivers come with an integrated 1080p video recording program. What's cool about it is that when on, it records the last 20 minutes (you can configure the time) of your game so if something cool happens in game, you just press the hotkey and it saves those last 20 minutes. You can also turn on manual recording to use it like any other recording program. Nvidia plans to to integrate direct Twitch.tv streaming in future builds. Unfortunately, the service is only available to high end Nvidia cards, GTX 650 and above. I have a GTX 670 so I'm covered :D

EDIT: I forgot to add it only covers GTX desktop GPU's. No support for laptop GPU's.
« Last Edit: 22 November 2013, 03:42:29 PM by Airborne101st45 »

Offline Airbongo

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 69
  • Eh, what's up, doc?
    • View profile
« Reply #2 on: 22 November 2013, 05:20:06 PM »
Also, stupid question but did you update your drivers? :D

Offline luisc99 (OP)

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #3 on: 22 November 2013, 05:29:06 PM »
Also, stupid question but did you update your drivers? :D

The ones that don't have hidden menus that take forever to find yes

Offline luisc99 (OP)

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #4 on: 19 December 2013, 11:19:02 AM »
I know it's been a while since this post was used, but I'd like to point this out to anyone else with similar problems. Version 1.7.4 of Minecraft seemed to have fixed this bug where the version is incorrect as now I can use both this, and the shaders (dispite them nagging me out to a crash).

VCV could do with some playing on, possibly advertising. Just saying ;)

Offline Akomine

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 666
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
« Reply #5 on: 19 December 2013, 04:33:13 PM »
I know it's been a while since this post was used, but I'd like to point this out to anyone else with similar problems. Version 1.7.4 of Minecraft seemed to have fixed this bug where the version is incorrect as now I can use both this, and the shaders (dispite them nagging me out to a crash).

Show us your streamin

Ako is gay and has superaids - Air

Offline luisc99 (OP)

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #6 on: 19 December 2013, 04:50:17 PM »

Show us your streamin

I would, but I'd lag to much. Besides, my internet speeds are pretty terrible. Around 1MB/s upload on wifi with about 20 things connected, so I doubt I'd be able to. Maybe one day though ;)