Author Topic: Holy shit Breaking Bad! [SPOILERS AHEAD]  (Read 3508 times)

Joshtimasprime

Holy shit Breaking Bad! [SPOILERS AHEAD]
« on: 30 November 2013, 11:06:56 PM »
I just finished the series and its the best thing ever! Everyone who's seen it, lets discuss here, bitch.

Offline SirLogiC

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 0
    • View profile
Re: Holy shit Breaking Bad! [SPOILERS AHEAD]
« Reply #1 on: 1 December 2013, 12:08:53 AM »
I heard the BBC was going to do a UK version of Breaking Bad. A teacher gets diagnosed with cancer and then spends 4 seasons getting high quality, free healthcare.

Offline Airbongo

• Staff Member | Administrator
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 69
  • Eh, what's up, doc?
    • View profile
« Reply #2 on: 1 December 2013, 10:26:46 AM »
Walt dies. Lulul spoiler

Joshtimasprime

« Reply #3 on: 1 December 2013, 02:35:36 PM »
I heard the BBC was going to do a UK version of Breaking Bad. A teacher gets diagnosed with cancer and then spends 4 seasons getting high quality, free healthcare.
He did have health care but it was inoperable cancer. The reason he needed tons of drug money was to pay for the best care in the country. Free health care doesn't mean they can give the best care to everyone.

Offline Airbongo

• Cheese
  • Eh, what's up, doc?
    • View profile
« Reply #4 on: 1 December 2013, 07:00:44 PM »
He did have health care but it was inoperable cancer. The reason he needed tons of drug money was to pay for the best care in the country. Free health care doesn't mean they can give the best care to everyone.
False! His insurance was useless so the hospital bills started pilling up and he couldn't pay them. His old rich business partners (Gretchen and Elliot Schwartz) offered to pay for all the treatment but due to Walt's pride and his big resentment towards Elliot and Gretchen, Walt declines.

Walt's main concern is dying and leaving his family in HUGE debt so he gets the idea to cook meth when Hank, his DEA, brother in law tells him about homemade meth labs and how can any idiot can make shitty quality meth and earn thousands of dollars. This inspires Walt, a brilliant chemist, to cook meth because he knows he can make an almost 100% pure product.

Walt's first goal is to make 300,000 dollars and then stop cooking but after Gus Fringe offers him one million dollars for only one month of Walt's time, Walt gets greedy and that's how his downward spiral begins.

Joshtimasprime

« Reply #5 on: 2 December 2013, 06:28:12 PM »
False! His insurance was useless so the hospital bills started pilling up and he couldn't pay them. His old rich business partners (Gretchen and Elliot Schwartz) offered to pay for all the treatment but due to Walt's pride and his big resentment towards Elliot and Gretchen, Walt declines.

Walt's main concern is dying and leaving his family in HUGE debt so he gets the idea to cook meth when Hank, his DEA, brother in law tells him about homemade meth labs and how can any idiot can make shitty quality meth and earn thousands of dollars. This inspires Walt, a brilliant chemist, to cook meth because he knows he can make an almost 100% pure product.

Walt's first goal is to make 300,000 dollars and then stop cooking but after Gus Fringe offers him one million dollars for only one month of Walt's time, Walt gets greedy and that's how his downward spiral begins.
I know, I was just simplifying it for the sake of conversation. And it was $730.000 and then he could stop then Gus offered 3 million for 3 months of his time.

Offline Airbongo

• Cheese
  • Eh, what's up, doc?
    • View profile
« Reply #6 on: 2 December 2013, 08:10:23 PM »

I know, I was just simplifying it for the sake of conversation. And it was $730.000 and then he could stop then Gus offered 3 million for 3 months of his time.
Well, I watched the first episodes a long time ago so I couldn't remember the numbers.

Joshtimasprime

« Reply #7 on: 3 December 2013, 05:13:19 PM »

Well, I watched the first episodes a long time ago so I couldn't remember the numbers.
I feel ya man, same here.