Author Topic: Server keeps going down  (Read 3300 times)

Offline Die_Endermen (OP)

• [FORUM BANNED]
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: -1
    • View profile
Server keeps going down
« on: 17 January 2014, 04:38:02 PM »
Idk if it's just me but server crashed a few times for me then I couldn't log on for hours... 0 people are on since the past few days except yesterday night when some were on. What's the cause of the server going down? (again it might be just me...)

Offline Light_Blue_Man

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 0
    • View profile
Re: Server keeps going down
« Reply #1 on: 17 January 2014, 05:06:48 PM »
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Offline luisc99

• Staff Member | Administrator
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 60
    • View profile
« Reply #2 on: 17 January 2014, 05:29:25 PM »
It's down? :/
Andrew promised me it would be fixed. I guess Ako we've waited enough then...

Tried to start it back up again. Click start, console says "starting server". Does nothing. #fixyagamejeb

In the mean time, VCV is working fine and available to play on, if you're looking for something to do while you wait.
« Last Edit: 17 January 2014, 05:43:56 PM by luisc99 »

Offline Hogz

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #3 on: 18 January 2014, 04:48:58 AM »
I was one of the few that was online yesterday, it was l-a-g-g-y but that was when i got on eventually
"ye boiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii" - JFK

John Coffey: I'm tired, boss. Tired of being on the road, lonely as a sparrow in the rain. I'm tired of never having a buddy to be with, to tell me where we's going to, coming from or why. Mostly, I'm tired of people being ugly to each other. I'm tired of all the pain I feel and hear in the world every day. There's too much of it. It's like pieces of glass in my head, all the time... Can you understand?" - The Green Mile

Offline hobbes13

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 2
    • View profile
« Reply #4 on: 18 January 2014, 08:58:40 AM »
I had lag when i tp'd somewhere or died

Offline Akomine

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 666
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
« Reply #5 on: 18 January 2014, 04:38:06 PM »
Playing last night and doing a lot of building, I experienced no lag at any point in time.

Teleporting CAN be tough on the server, but it is usually isn't. Teleporting is often tough on the client with a bad connection or PC powering it. Also Java is terrible and teleporting can cause memory problems needing a game restart.

If you do see server-side problems, please keep reporting them. Just try to make sure it isn't on your end.

Ako is gay and has superaids - Air

Offline Die_Endermen (OP)

• [FORUM BANNED]
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: -1
    • View profile
« Reply #6 on: 19 January 2014, 08:42:24 AM »
Playing last night and doing a lot of building, I experienced no lag at any point in time.

Teleporting CAN be tough on the server, but it is usually isn't. Teleporting is often tough on the client with a bad connection or PC powering it. Also Java is terrible and teleporting can cause memory problems needing a game restart.

If you do see server-side problems, please keep reporting them. Just try to make sure it isn't on your end.
Usually when I log on or tp, chat and stuff won't load for 20 seconds or so...

Offline luisc99

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 60
    • View profile
« Reply #7 on: 19 January 2014, 08:50:28 AM »
Lag seems to be random from what I can tell, although there will be some common reason for it, deep down somewhere hard for me to find... If you notice lag, or a server crash, ask everyone what they were doing and report it in detail here, along with everyone who was online. Hopefully then we can find a common problem. But like ako said, make sure it is not client lag, only server. This includes block lag, players "flying" while jumping, and commands / chat taking a bit to register.

Offline daverator

• Villager
    • View profile
« Reply #8 on: 20 January 2014, 07:46:29 PM »
I don't know if this is related, but ALL my animals despawned in the last few days or so.   I'm not exactly sure when it happened.   Every single sheep and cow is gone.   :(