Author Topic: Rules in The End  (Read 20675 times)

Offline soundbyte_mantra (OP)

• Villager
  • Llamas: 0
    • View profile
Rules in The End
« on: 19 July 2012, 07:53:36 PM »
This thread is to collect opinions regarding the rules in The End.

.------ Current Rules ------.    .---- Alternate Rules 1 ----,    .---- Alternate Rules 2 ----,
|                           |    |                           |    |                           |
| - grief is not allowed    |    | - grief is not allowed    |    | - grief IS allowed        |
| - pvp is on everywhere    |    | - pvp is on everywhere    |    | - pvp is on everywhere    |
| - no village protection   |    | - you may buy protection  |    | - no village protection   |
'---------------------------'    |   for structures OFF the  |    '---------------------------'
                                 |   mainland                |
                                 '---------------------------'

Please share what set of rules you think is best and why.
« Last Edit: 19 July 2012, 08:04:30 PM by soundbyte_mantra »

Offline Rainy_Turtloid

• Cheese
  • Turtles are incredible
    • View profile
Re: Rules in The End
« Reply #1 on: 19 July 2012, 08:12:10 PM »
This thread is to collect opinions regarding the rules in The End.

.------ Current Rules ------.    .---- Alternate Rules 1 ----,    .---- Alternate Rules 2 ----,
|                           |    |                           |    |                           |
| - grief is not allowed    |    | - grief is not allowed    |    | - grief IS allowed        |
| - pvp is on everywhere    |    | - pvp is on everywhere    |    | - pvp is on everywhere    |
| - no village protection   |    | - you may buy protection  |    | - no village protection   |
'---------------------------'    |   for structures OFF the  |    '---------------------------'
                                 |   mainland                |
                                 '---------------------------'

Please share what set of rules you think is best and why.

Alternative rules 1.
My farm is griefed daily and I had to surround myself with private doors, chests, etc so I would get killed once I warped to it. Also it should have the same amount of rights as the nether and overworld. Plus, I would make Dystopia Tower :)

Offline Islid

• Cheese
  • Time Traveller Extraordinare
    • View profile
« Reply #2 on: 19 July 2012, 08:13:04 PM »
I think the first alternate set is perfect, to be honest. There have already been a few instances of griefing, and I personally already thought you could buy protection for spawners. I was surprised that it wasn't allowed. It doesn't change anyone's ability to use the spawners themselves, so it shouldn't affect anything at all. And, the best part is that people don't have to buy protection if they don't want to. :P

First Alternate set works good for me!

Offline Akomine

• Staff Member | Administrator
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 666
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
« Reply #3 on: 19 July 2012, 08:15:13 PM »
I am fine with the current rules, as they serve a purpose, and make The End slightly different from the Overworld and Nether.
With that said, I really want to try Alt rules 2.

I'd like to see a controlled area (The End) set up to allow complete free-play within it. It would make for a unique and fun area where "griefing" would be part of the game. People could fight, set up forts, and tear down enemy forts at will, with no fear of being punished. No protection, pvp on, and would serve a purpose that exists nowhere else in VillageCraft.

I say lets try it, it would be fun. Lets battle in The End!
You can have protection and villages with pvp off in the Overworld AND the Nether, so lets make The End interesting!

(Note: we could re-roll the end every few weeks to reset it and start anew if we wanted to)
:)
« Last Edit: 19 July 2012, 08:51:39 PM by Akomine »

Ako is gay and has superaids - Air

Offline Islid

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #4 on: 19 July 2012, 08:16:53 PM »

(Note: we could re-roll the end every few weeks to reset it and start anew if we wanted to)

This makes spawners difficult to maintain, if impossible, because people have to rebuild them and reset their warps every time a new End is generated. Even with world edit, that would be a massive pain on the mod's side. Are you proposing spawners be removed?

Offline Akomine

• Cheese
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
« Reply #5 on: 19 July 2012, 08:22:11 PM »

This makes spawners difficult to maintain, if impossible, because people have to rebuild them and reset their warps every time a new End is generated. Even with world edit, that would be a massive pain on the mod's side. Are you proposing spawners be removed?

You could still build them, but they would not be protected and would be lost in the re-roll. We always intended to re-roll the End often, but have only done it once. We never intended for The End to be a place to build massive builds. It used to be a place to battle dragons, mine end stone, and build simple structures, all the while with PVP on.

PS: I hate the spawners, they are comparable to a exploit/glitch.
« Last Edit: 19 July 2012, 08:24:17 PM by Akomine »

Offline Islid

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #6 on: 19 July 2012, 08:24:27 PM »

You could still build them, but they would not be protected and would be lost in the re-roll. We always intended to re-roll the End often, but have only done it once.

PS: I hate the spawners, they are comparable to a exploit/glitch.

You really seem to dislike any sort of advantage people can possibly gain after spending an amount of time constructing something for themselves, lol.

Offline Rainy_Turtloid

• Cheese
  • Turtles are incredible
    • View profile
« Reply #7 on: 19 July 2012, 08:25:30 PM »
I am fine with the current rules, as they serve a purpose, and make The End slightly different from the Overworld and Nether.
With that said, I really want to try Option 2.

I'd like to see a controlled area (The End) set up to allow complete free-play within it. It would make for a unique and fun area where "griefing" would be part of the game. People could fight, set up forts, and tear down enemy forts at will, with no fear of being punished. No protection, pvp on, and would serve a purpose that exists nowhere else in VillageCraft.

You can have protection and villages with pvp off in the Overworld AND the Nether, so lets make The End interesting!

BS that would be HELL for me.

Either way, the nether is a better spot for that, it is HELL you know :P

Offline Bl4ck_St0ne

• I NEED MORE JLAW FACIALS PLS
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 1
  • I like cheesy bread.
    • View profile
« Reply #8 on: 19 July 2012, 08:33:43 PM »
Option 2, the spawners are dumb... and the forts and shit for ppl to be able to be free would probobly make people feel better.. if your ever angry and want to get back at someone or just kill... the end would be a place to grief the shit out of something, and have the chance to do w.e the fuck you want to builds. would be fucken awesome
The Fappening will continue... FOREVER ON JLAW NUDES... FOREVER ON!

Offline Islid

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #9 on: 19 July 2012, 08:35:18 PM »
Option 2, the spawners are dumb... and the forts and shit for ppl to be able to be free would probobly make people feel better.. if your ever angry and want to get back at someone or just kill... the end would be a place to grief the shit out of something, and have the chance to do w.e the fuck you want to builds. would be fucken awesome

As a result, I can't foresee a lot of construction in the End, were that set of rules to be passed.

Offline Rainy_Turtloid

• Cheese
  • Turtles are incredible
    • View profile
« Reply #10 on: 19 July 2012, 08:36:15 PM »

I think this will be better off as a member vote... admins arent affected by this. only us members ;(

Offline Bl4ck_St0ne

• Cheese
  • I like cheesy bread.
    • View profile
« Reply #11 on: 19 July 2012, 08:37:34 PM »

I think this will be better off as a member vote... admins arent affected by this. only us members ;(

Me and Ako are just stating opinions, we won't be voting if there is ever a yes/no vote on the idea

Offline cjm721

• [FORUM BANNED]
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #12 on: 19 July 2012, 08:38:03 PM »

Having to remake them would make the massive benefit they give equal the amount it takes to build (Ako: "PS: I hate the spawners, they are comparable to a exploit/glitch."). And being in an area that would not be griefed is not that hard just takes alot of time to get there.

But we really could just reset the mainland its not that hard just cause a lot of lag but still better then having to take the server offline to do it.

I still like our current of any pvp is allowed (As you should not have a home set to the end or that is your fault and take advantage of being able to use /sethome and remove  your bed which in normal play you would not be able to). No village protection and griefing kinda go hand in hand as in the overworld the reason for not allowing village protection to anyone is so that failed villages are unprotected and the community gets rid of them as they go inactive without having the admin take care of it, but in the end since we are not allowing village protection it would make sense that griefing would be allowed.

But first thing I would do if we allow griefing is go find all the current spawners (I have found a few by people mentioning hey anyone want to help me build a spawner and I sit on the mainland and watch what direction you build.) and then lead raids to them all.

So personaly I would chose option 3 and have it as a battle world where its kill or be killed with people building their bases around the edge (as far out as they want) and then making it a last group with their base left wins. Then we can have battles for ground and you have to protect your spawner if you want to have one.

Option 1 like I said just seems a little counter intuitive.
Option 2 makes the end just like overworld and the nether will it is really not that similar.

Offline Islid

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #13 on: 19 July 2012, 08:41:48 PM »

Having to remake them would make the massive benefit they give equal the amount it takes to build (Ako: "PS: I hate the spawners, they are comparable to a exploit/glitch."). And being in an area that would not be griefed is not that hard just takes alot of time to get there.

But we really could just reset the mainland its not that hard just cause a lot of lag but still better then having to take the server offline to do it.

I still like our current of any pvp is allowed (As you should not have a home set to the end or that is your fault and take advantage of being able to use /sethome and remove  your bed which in normal play you would not be able to). No village protection and griefing kinda go hand in hand as in the overworld the reason for not allowing village protection to anyone is so that failed villages are unprotected and the community gets rid of them as they go inactive without having the admin take care of it, but in the end since we are not allowing village protection it would make sense that griefing would be allowed.

But first thing I would do if we allow griefing is go find all the current spawners (I have found a few by people mentioning hey anyone want to help me build a spawner and I sit on the mainland and watch what direction you build.) and then lead raids to them all.

So personaly I would chose option 3 and have it as a battle world where its kill or be killed with people building their bases around the edge (as far out as they want) and then making it a last group with their base left wins. Then we can have battles for ground and you have to protect your spawner if you want to have one.

Option 1 like I said just seems a little counter intuitive.
Option 2 makes the end just like overworld and the nether will it is really not that similar.

It seems legitimate, but this would also put a large damper on the number of enderpearls, gold nuggets, etc. in the market right now. Would doing such a system allow the previous, or at least a higher, price of pearls to be reinstated? Otherwise, I see little motive to even build in the End, if all you're going to do is get it destroyed.

Offline Airbongo

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 69
  • Eh, what's up, doc?
    • View profile
« Reply #14 on: 19 July 2012, 08:44:26 PM »

The End should be a unique area. We already have Overworld and the Nether to make villages. To be honest, I don't like the endermen spawners. They work like a glitch and players use them to gain a lot of experience in little time and I don't agree with protecting them since it will just make it easier for players like Rainy to get an unfair advantage over other players e.g., Powerful enchanted gear like swords and armor. I am not saying we make spawners illegal. If players don't want their spawner griefed, they can build a huge cobblestone bridge to get away from The End's main area and then destroy the bridge and /set home.

Doing re-rolls of the end has always been a plan since the server went public. The End was never planned to be an area for villages and if people want to build spawners there, they can do it at their own risk since they will get deleted if we roll-back. We could have a public spawner in The End and we can just save it as a schematic and then paste it every time The End gets rolled-back. That way all players have access to a spawner and not just the ones that have the time do build one.

You really seem to dislike any sort of advantage people can possibly gain after spending an amount of time constructing something for themselves, lol.

Players can build spawners in Overworld and The Nether and get them protected. Not every player has the time or even the skill to build a Endermen spawner. Endermen spawners obviously exploit some kind of shitty bug in Minecraft which lets Endermen spawn without a limit.

Offline Islid

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #15 on: 19 July 2012, 08:46:39 PM »

Doing re-rolls of the end has always been a plan since the server went public. The End was never planned to be an area for villages and if people want to build spawners there, they can do it at their own risk since they will get deleted if we roll-back. We could have a public spawner in The End and we can just save it as a schematic and then paste it every time The End gets rolled-back. That way all players have access to a spawner and not just the ones that have the time do build one.

This seems reasonable, but would this spawner be protected? If so, I can also foresee a whole lot of conflict at the spawner area, lol. Could be what you're looking for.

Offline Akomine

• Cheese
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
« Reply #16 on: 19 July 2012, 08:47:06 PM »

-This is so false.
-Spawners aren't disallowed, go ahead and spend your time and build one.
-End Spawners are unbalanced.
-End Spawners are basically an exploit in Minecraft, which Mojang have looked for ways to curb. They are banned on some servers because of the unfair advantage they can cause. In our case, they are hugely problematic for the economy. People keep bothering me to increase pearl sell value, but I can't stand the inflation. What you call time and work for an "advantage", I can't help but think of as a lazy and unbalanced way of getting ahead of everyone else. Standing there collecting money by the second is problematic to the spirit of VillageCraft.
So, no I don't particularily like them, but they are completely allowed. All of the Overworld ones can be protected (and they aren't quite so unbalanced).

Offline Islid

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #17 on: 19 July 2012, 08:48:48 PM »

-This is so false.
-Spawners aren't disallowed, go ahead and spend your time and build one.
-End Spawners are unbalanced.
-End Spawners are basically an exploit in Minecraft, which Mojang have looked for ways to curb. They are banned on some servers because of the unfair advantage they can cause. In our case, they are hugely problematic for the economy. People keep bothering me to increase pearl sell value, but I can't stand the inflation. What you call time and work for an "advantage", I can't help but think of as a lazy and unbalanced way of getting ahead of everyone else. Standing there collecting money by the second is problematic to the spirit of VillageCraft.
So, no I don't particularily like them, but they are completely allowed. All of the Overworld ones can be protected (and they aren't quite so unbalanced).

Perception is reality. It's very interesting to see other points of view on the subject. I had never personally seen them that way, but you make a decent point for a survival server.

Offline Akomine

• Cheese
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
« Reply #18 on: 19 July 2012, 08:49:35 PM »

Me and Ako are just stating opinions, we won't be voting if there is ever a yes/no vote on the idea

Huh? Yes I will.

Offline cjm721

• [FORUM BANNED]
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #19 on: 19 July 2012, 08:49:58 PM »
Players can build spawners in Overworld and The Nether and get them protected. Not every player has the time or even the skill to build a Endermen spawner. Endermen spawners obviously exploit some kind of shitty bug in Minecraft which lets Endermen spawn without a limit.

Its not an exploit or bug just using the spawning mechanics built into the game, and there is a limit which I will explain off public chat. But enderman farm is easy as hell to build does not even take that much time for a basic one I would say about 10 minutes to make a small one if you work fast and don't build extra stuff.

Only thing that is hard about building them is slime balls.

And second if we want to stop them take me about 15 seconds to stop them all, and I don't see why Mojang has not done it either.

Offline Bl4ck_St0ne

• Cheese
  • I like cheesy bread.
    • View profile
« Reply #20 on: 19 July 2012, 08:50:04 PM »
Honestly I think option 2 people will just have a blast, a couple people might be mad about their spawners, though most with be too busy battling and having a fun time!

Offline Islid

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #21 on: 19 July 2012, 08:52:27 PM »
Honestly I think option 2 people will just have a blast, a couple people might be mad about their spawners, though most with be too busy battling and having a fun time!

How many people actually have asked for a place where they can have no-holds-barred, griefing-allowed, combat with anyone and everyone? I'd be curious to see that go up for a vote itself, not necessarily related to the End.

Offline Bl4ck_St0ne

• Cheese
  • I like cheesy bread.
    • View profile
« Reply #22 on: 19 July 2012, 08:53:09 PM »
Oh i thought we were not supposed to vote as admins, okay i'll vote lol

Offline Bl4ck_St0ne

• Cheese
  • I like cheesy bread.
    • View profile
« Reply #23 on: 19 July 2012, 08:56:26 PM »
People want a survival server, this way the end is almost like a fully HC survival server, it has a bit of a mix into it. Like some of us i'm sure have grudges on people you want to get back on.. if we pick option 2, people could possibly hear like, rainy say something like "Who wants to help me build a end base for a battle" and say you want to kill rainy very badly, you could get there, and grief him and own his ass... I love the fully Griefing/killing idea since yes, people have asked for it to be like that in the nether, so the end is a close, but even better second.

I would even love to help build some forts and bases if we do option 2, I fully love the grief idea

Offline Islid

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #24 on: 19 July 2012, 09:03:59 PM »
People want a survival server, this way the end is almost like a fully HC survival server, it has a bit of a mix into it. Like some of us i'm sure have grudges on people you want to get back on.. if we pick option 2, people could possibly hear like, rainy say something like "Who wants to help me build a end base for a battle" and say you want to kill rainy very badly, you could get there, and grief him and own his ass... I love the fully Griefing/killing idea since yes, people have asked for it to be like that in the nether, so the end is a close, but even better second.

I would even love to help build some forts and bases if we do option 2, I fully love the grief idea

Can we get a poll on this? I'm really curious now, actually.

Offline Rainy_Turtloid

• Cheese
  • Turtles are incredible
    • View profile
« Reply #25 on: 19 July 2012, 09:08:36 PM »

The End should be a unique area. We already have Overworld and the Nether to make villages. To be honest, I don't like the endermen spawners. They work like a glitch and players use them to gain a lot of experience in little time and I don't agree with protecting them since it will just make it easier for players like Rainy to get an unfair advantage over other players e.g., Powerful enchanted gear like swords and armor. I am not saying we make spawners illegal. If players don't want their spawner griefed, they can build a huge cobblestone bridge to get away from The End's main area and then destroy the bridge and /set home.

Why me? CJ does the same shit lol.

Offline Airbongo

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 69
  • Eh, what's up, doc?
    • View profile
« Reply #26 on: 19 July 2012, 09:34:04 PM »
This seems reasonable, but would this spawner be protected? If so, I can also foresee a whole lot of conflict at the spawner area, lol. Could be what you're looking for.

The public spawner would be protected and would have PvP off.

Offline Islid

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #27 on: 19 July 2012, 09:43:12 PM »

Ah, so just a bunch of yelling and screaming about spawner hogging. Fun!

Offline cjm721

• [FORUM BANNED]
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #28 on: 19 July 2012, 10:13:39 PM »

Why me? CJ does the same shit lol.

Besides I do not bitch about it. Nor am I against resetting the end. Part is I put a whole lot of work into it. If you notice on the video it was a group that built it first there was a forum thread started for the idea and I helped how the mechanics actually work.

And I am for getting what you put in. For you guys you put very little in got a ton out, and also I am very much for a fair game-play where what you put in equals what you get out.

Offline Akomine

• Cheese
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
« Reply #29 on: 19 July 2012, 10:14:56 PM »

Wait wait wait. Pvp ON! Be so much more interesting ;)

Offline boylink

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #30 on: 19 July 2012, 10:22:53 PM »
Tbh I liked it when you guys spawned an ender dragon every day and a bunch of people fought it.