Author Topic: Proposed process for the choosing of gods via the Gods Plugin  (Read 4140 times)

Offline Islid (OP)

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 0
  • Time Traveller Extraordinare
    • View profile
Although this is just an idea, I'm curious to know some thoughts and see if we can collectively refine the idea into an acceptable format for everyone here.

The current idea I had so far for the gods plugin was that people would be elected through two polls on the forums. Anyone who was a member of the religion could vote for whom they wanted to nominate in the first one. Then, via a second poll, the nominees (usually the top three or four voted people) would then be re-voted on by the rest of the members of that religion, thus giving the religion it's new priest. This priest could be ousted from office if they were found to have sufficiently abused their power to the point of depleting large amounts of power from the god itself, or if they started inflicting curses on their own members for no particular reason. Finally, each priest would have a month to be that god's priest, whereas at the end of the month a similar nomination process can be conducted within the religion, and the current priest can either choose to run again or drop out, leaving the spot open for the rest of the nominees.

Thoughts?

Offline Rainy_Turtloid

• Cheese
  • Turtles are incredible
    • View profile
Re: Proposed process for the choosing of gods via the Gods Plugin
« Reply #1 on: 22 July 2012, 02:26:42 PM »
Admins pick them.

Also this started out when Epic became our priest, he is wasting our power and killing me :/

Offline Islid (OP)

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #2 on: 22 July 2012, 02:28:26 PM »
Admins pick them.

Also this started out when Epic became our priest, he is wasting our power and killing me :/

Please put your personal grievances elsewhere, this is a discussion about the possible picking processes, not your anger about being cursed by Luna's priest. That's not going to be tolerated in this thread.

Offline Lycoris

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • Artificially Intelligent Data Anomaly
    • View profile
« Reply #3 on: 22 July 2012, 02:32:52 PM »
Sounds reasonable.
How ever, You have to understand that Creating and conducting 2 polls and then moving players from priest hood and to priest hood, Would be time consuming. Plus it would add unnecessary work for people.

How about, "people would be elected through two polls on the forums. Anyone who was a member of the religion could vote for whom they wanted to nominate in the first one. Then, via a second poll, the nominees (usually the top three or four voted people) would then be re-voted on by the rest of the members of that religion, thus giving the religion it's new priest." However This will be a one time thing and then that person will be priest forever in the specific religion.

However, if they are abusing the power, We will reserve the right to kick them from priesthood.

How about that option. It requires alot less from people, and you still reserve the option to kick the priest.

Swatted away by the world, I was atop an incredibly thin needle.
I was using the tips of my fingers to balance,
But it wasn’t until they touched you that I learned I wasn’t alone;
That alone bestowed upon me these crooked wings.
“What do you want to accomplish between life and death,” I asked,
But all you did was laugh, like an angel.
Weaving through the spaces of the hordes of buildings burning in the summer heat,
We’ll eventually descend, pulling that trigger at the very end.
And winter will cover everything.

Offline Islid (OP)

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #4 on: 22 July 2012, 02:34:41 PM »
Sounds reasonable.
How ever, You have to understand that Creating and conducting 2 polls and then moving players from priest hood and to priest hood, Would be time consuming. Plus it would add unnecessary work for people.

How about, "people would be elected through two polls on the forums. Anyone who was a member of the religion could vote for whom they wanted to nominate in the first one. Then, via a second poll, the nominees (usually the top three or four voted people) would then be re-voted on by the rest of the members of that religion, thus giving the religion it's new priest." However This will be a one time thing and then that person will be priest forever in the specific religion.

However, if they are abusing the power, We will reserve the right to kick them from priesthood.

How about that option. It requires alot less from people, and you still reserve the option to kick the priest.

That sounds good, although my only concern was that people would get upset about the whole process if they didn't get to do it more than once. Is there some way to expedite the changing of priests, like a plugin-specific change or something like that? This would be so much easier if the plugin did this kind of stuff for us, lol.

For now, though, this seems to be a prevailing idea. I like this format because it limits strain on the mods and still allows for an electoral process.

Offline Rainy_Turtloid

• Cheese
  • Turtles are incredible
    • View profile
« Reply #5 on: 22 July 2012, 02:35:06 PM »
Admins pick them.

Please put your personal grievances elsewhere, this is a discussion about the possible picking processes, not your anger about being cursed by Luna's priest. That's not going to be tolerated in this thread.

Islid I was stating why I don't like Epic as our priest, which relates to your post. He wasted our power cursing me instead of using it for better tools, blessing other people, etc

Offline Islid (OP)

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #6 on: 22 July 2012, 02:36:20 PM »
Admins pick them.

Islid I was stating why I don't like Epic as our priest, which relates to your post. He wasted our power cursing me instead of using it for better tools, blessing other people, etc

You are still not discussing a single thing that I mentioned above. This is not a discussion about how priests abuse their powers, it's about the possibility of an electoral process. Stick to the thread or leave.
« Last Edit: 22 July 2012, 02:40:07 PM by Islid »

Offline Lycoris

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • Artificially Intelligent Data Anomaly
    • View profile
« Reply #7 on: 22 July 2012, 02:45:56 PM »
I'm not sure how priest hood is added to people or removed, however a poll every 1 month seems excessive plus, I feel like many poeple will be fine with electing just once. It would be Like the original god plugin where there was only one priest and you couldn't change that.

Swatted away by the world, I was atop an incredibly thin needle.
I was using the tips of my fingers to balance,
But it wasn’t until they touched you that I learned I wasn’t alone;
That alone bestowed upon me these crooked wings.
“What do you want to accomplish between life and death,” I asked,
But all you did was laugh, like an angel.
Weaving through the spaces of the hordes of buildings burning in the summer heat,
We’ll eventually descend, pulling that trigger at the very end.
And winter will cover everything.

Offline Islid (OP)

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #8 on: 22 July 2012, 02:52:26 PM »
I'm not sure how priest hood is added to people or removed, however a poll every 1 month seems excessive plus, I feel like many poeple will be fine with electing just once. It would be Like the original god plugin where there was only one priest and you couldn't change that.

Yeah. Ako says he has something set up to fix all of this, so I suppose for now we'll wait and see what he has to offer!

Offline Airbongo

• Staff Member | Administrator
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 69
  • Eh, what's up, doc?
    • View profile