Poll

Thoughts on the CraftArrows plugin? (choose 2 that apply to you)

Keep it.
2 (20%)
Remove it.
4 (40%)
I do use it sometimes.
3 (30%)
I avoid using it / I don't really use it.
1 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Voting closed: 25 April 2014, 06:51:04 PM

Author Topic: Arrow Plugin ):  (Read 5559 times)

Offline DermotFTW (OP)

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 0
  • No does not mean convince me
    • View profile
Arrow Plugin ):
« on: 20 April 2014, 11:23:28 AM »
I know someones already asked.
This plugin is really getting on my nerves.  Here is a short list of valid reasons to why it should be removed:
1. Lightning arrow
When this thing kills you it burns all your stuff. And when your getting ambushed by loads of mobs it's very likely it's going to kill you. I've lost two sets of enchanted diamond tools to this crappy plugin.
2.Taking up space

I'm spending more time emptying my invee then having FUN!
3. Not many people use them.

I've never had a use for them.
4. Alot of the arrows don't work
5. It's more of the kind of plugin for a PVP server
kay thanks.

Offline TheCatsMangler

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: -3
    • View profile
Re: Arrow Plugin ):
« Reply #1 on: 20 April 2014, 11:28:28 AM »
I have to be the first person to say this.

Even though personally I am not a fan of the plugin. A screenshot of ONE person, who doesn't usually pvp or fight mobs. Who says they don't use it. For obvious reasons. Is a little silly, I am not saying if your right about not much people or not. But I would personally of asked 10 people. 

Also, what are all the arrows that don't work, and what happens when you use them?

I agree how it's a bit annoying with skeletons using them. But players never really bugged me. Also, you should look at the previous post of this. Someone stated how to convert them into normal arrows. And if not just throw 'em in lava.

Offline DermotFTW (OP)

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #2 on: 20 April 2014, 11:37:10 AM »
I have to be the first person to say this.

Even though personally I am not a fan of the plugin. A screenshot of ONE person, who doesn't usually pvp or fight mobs. Who says they don't use it. For obvious reasons. Is a little silly, I am not saying if your right about not much people or not. But I would personally of asked 10 people. 

Also, what are all the arrows that don't work, and what happens when you use them?

I agree how it's a bit annoying with skeletons using them. But players never really bugged me. Also, you should look at the previous post of this. Someone stated how to convert them into normal arrows. And if not just throw 'em in lava.
There isn't many people online to ask right now

It takes a lot of time to put them in lava, only to find 10 seconds later, you have another inventory full of them.

Offline TheCatsMangler

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #3 on: 20 April 2014, 11:41:46 AM »
You have a skele xp farm/mob farm I presume? Make the floor around you and inside of it hoppers, which lead into droppers or pistons facing down, which will launch/drop the arrows into lava. That should stop you getting anymore. As for the ones you already have, you'll need to throw them in lava manually or get a admin to clear your inventory.

Offline DermotFTW (OP)

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #4 on: 20 April 2014, 11:48:32 AM »
You have a skele xp farm/mob farm I presume? Make the floor around you and inside of it hoppers, which lead into droppers or pistons facing down, which will launch/drop the arrows into lava. That should stop you getting anymore. As for the ones you already have, you'll need to throw them in lava manually or get a admin to clear your inventory.

That sounds like a good idea but hoppers aren't very attractive and it's a public farm :c I'll try it anyway.
But it's not just taking up space in my inventory. Another thing I forgot to mentions was if you AFK for 10 mins then come back to kill the skellys the stoopud lightning arrow kills 'em all, which suxs. It's not fun evolving around a plugin.

Offline TheCatsMangler

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #5 on: 20 April 2014, 12:08:01 PM »
That sounds like a good idea but hoppers aren't very attractive and it's a public farm :c I'll try it anyway.
But it's not just taking up space in my inventory. Another thing I forgot to mentions was if you AFK for 10 mins then come back to kill the skellys the stoopud lightning arrow kills 'em all, which suxs. It's not fun evolving around a plugin.

That's a problem.

As for the uglyness, I am not sure if it was patched. But try put carpet over them. (shift + rightclick) 

Offline DermotFTW (OP)

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #6 on: 20 April 2014, 12:14:49 PM »

That's a problem.

As for the uglyness, I am not sure if it was patched. But try put carpet over them. (shift + rightclick)

Do you, by any chance, happen to know what colour carpet matches brick? Thank for the help doe.

Offline TheCatsMangler

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #7 on: 20 April 2014, 12:17:08 PM »
Do you, by any chance, happen to know what colour carpet matches brick? Thank for the help doe.

Dark blue comes to mind..

But we should really stop posting on the forum like a chat room.

Offline Airbongo

• Staff Member | Administrator
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 69
  • Eh, what's up, doc?
    • View profile
« Reply #8 on: 20 April 2014, 02:53:43 PM »

Dark blue comes to mind..

But we should really stop posting on the forum like a chat room.
Why?

Offline Akomine

• Staff Member | Administrator
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 666
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
« Reply #9 on: 20 April 2014, 06:47:39 PM »
I've added a vote to the thread to survey opinions on the plugin. We can use the results to consider having a full parliament vote to remove the plugin.

Ako is gay and has superaids - Air