Author Topic: 'Modreq' plugin suggestion  (Read 25372 times)

Offline Buildbecky (OP)

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 1
  • It's that Becky the Builder.
    • View profile
    • My blog
'Modreq' plugin suggestion
« on: 27 April 2014, 06:56:03 AM »
Hello people,
I've seen this plugin on other servers and it's really useful.
http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/modreq/
Basically it stands for Moderator Request, and when one needs help, one simply type the command /modreq <message> and a moderator can 'claim' it and help the player in question, for example, let's just say, I need an area clearing with WorldEdit, so I mark it out with glass and then type /modreq Please could the area with glass borders be flattened/cleared? Thanks, and then if no mods were online and I needed to leave, and I don't know... let's say Chaos logs  on and types /check and see's there's an open modreq by Buildbecky, if he was feeling nice, he could claim it, clear the area, then /done it with a comment then everything would be sorted! Eg: /done Area cleared!
These 'modreqs' can have limits set so that each person can only send 1 modreq at a time, to prevent people spamming the system.
I think this would be a good plugin to have as it would allow people to get help more efficiently and rather than someone spamming the chat with a mod's name when they are AFK, one can simply send a modreq to get it done when they are back.
Thanks,
//Becky
it's a running joke where i say things about luis that are untrue and they are actually true and i didnt know about them
I dunno what I'm talking about most of the time so don't listen to meh.

Offline luisc99

• Staff Member | Administrator
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 60
    • View profile
Re: 'Modreq' plugin suggestion
« Reply #1 on: 27 April 2014, 07:05:30 AM »
Does actually seem quite good.

The comments mention a server freeze though due to a badly coded update checker, although it'd be very easy to modify the plugin to remove this feature to allow it to work properly. :P

Offline TheCatsMangler

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: -3
    • View profile
« Reply #2 on: 27 April 2014, 07:31:52 AM »
Does this mean I can do, '/modreq Make me a sandwich'?

If so then this is a instant win. If the staff member forgets the cheese. That's a different story.

Offline ChaosMushrooms

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 0
  • ckiens
    • View profile
« Reply #3 on: 27 April 2014, 07:34:25 AM »
I mean, if there are problems with this we can probably recruit Luis and Freelix to make an exclusive VC version.

Offline TheCatsMangler

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #4 on: 27 April 2014, 07:38:37 AM »
I mean, if there are problems with this we can probably recruit Luis and Freelix to make an exclusive VC version.

Unless you mean testing it, then somehow I think not. Although luis is perfectly capable of making a plugin for the server.

Offline Buildbecky (OP)

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
    • View profile
    • My blog
« Reply #5 on: 27 April 2014, 07:42:42 AM »
Does this mean I can do, '/modreq Make me a sandwich'?

If so then this is a instant win. If the staff member forgets the cheese. That's a different story.

Most certainly yes. :P However some people might take it a bit too literally and kick ya for spamming the system. Also, how can anyone forget the cheese for a sandwich? Cheese is like... the best and main part of the sandwich.
P.S Never let anyone put mustard in your sandwich, it tastes like... horrible... like... don't even go there.

Does actually seem quite good.

The comments mention a server freeze though due to a badly coded update checker, although it'd be very easy to modify the plugin to remove this feature to allow it to work properly. :P

I used this plugin this morning; didn't require make a difference for me, however I was using 1.7.2 if that makes a difference. :P Haven't checked the version or anything like that for the plugin, so I may just be giving some kinda irrelevant information...

I'm pretty sure Luis can do absolutely anything, I don't know this Freelix person though. :P
it's a running joke where i say things about luis that are untrue and they are actually true and i didnt know about them

Offline ChaosMushrooms

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • ckiens
    • View profile
« Reply #6 on: 27 April 2014, 08:02:43 AM »
Nice signature, Becky.

Offline Buildbecky (OP)

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
    • View profile
    • My blog
« Reply #7 on: 27 April 2014, 08:29:32 AM »
Nice signature, Becky.
Haha, that's like months old... In fact, it IS months old... By nice signature, do you mean it's actually a nice signature or that it's only nice because it's got you in it? :P

//Becky

Offline ChaosMushrooms

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • ckiens
    • View profile
« Reply #8 on: 27 April 2014, 09:42:06 AM »
Nice signature, Becky.
Haha, that's like months old... In fact, it IS months old... By nice signature, do you mean it's actually a nice signature or that it's only nice because it's got you in it? :P

//Becky

bofe

Dave

« Reply #9 on: 27 April 2014, 11:56:23 AM »
Can't you do /helpop already?

Offline Airbongo

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 69
  • Eh, what's up, doc?
    • View profile
« Reply #10 on: 27 April 2014, 03:06:01 PM »
Can't you do /helpop already?
Nah, it's different. This plugin is more like a bulletin board.

Offline Noket

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 20
    • View profile
« Reply #11 on: 7 May 2014, 05:51:49 AM »
I vouch for this plugin. I like the concept. It'll help with coverage for players who aren't on the forums and are in timezones with little staff coverage.

Offline Freelix2000

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • Meow.
    • View profile
« Reply #12 on: 24 June 2014, 01:16:52 AM »

Unless you mean testing it, then somehow I think not. Although luis is perfectly capable of making a plugin for the server.
Just because of that shitty remark, Catty, I made the entire damn thing alone. Here's the link: http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/mod-reqester/ Its not approved yet, but when it is, I would love for you to have a look at it and maybe you can use it on your shitty server if its even still running. Admit it, I can code Java, you can configure some basic permissions on a server then brag about it for months, that's really all that you're good at.

Screw that, the brand on your ass takes priority since it has a physical manifestation. You belong to me, mother trucker.
Freelix is awesome.
Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Offline Runek

• Cheese
  • Where there's a Shadow, there's a Light.
    • View profile
« Reply #13 on: 24 June 2014, 08:13:35 AM »
From the plugin desc:
So here it is, in your face Catty.

I lolled

Offline Airbongo

• Cheese
  • Eh, what's up, doc?
    • View profile
« Reply #14 on: 24 June 2014, 11:12:25 AM »
At the end of the day, who won? Freelix who spent his time making a plugin to prove Catty wrong or Catty who got schooled? I believe comedy won.

Offline TheCatsMangler

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #15 on: 24 June 2014, 12:03:57 PM »

Just because of that shitty remark, Catty, I made the entire damn thing alone. Here's the link: http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/mod-reqester/ Its not approved yet, but when it is, I would love for you to have a look at it and maybe you can use it on your shitty server if its even still running. Admit it, I can code Java, you can configure some basic permissions on a server then brag about it for months, that's really all that you're good at.

I think I won here. I posted that back in april. Took you that long to make it?
I know the basic law of how java works in these cases. Give someone something to code with. And they would probably make it in a day. That's if they are stupid enough to spend a month or so on it just to prove something to somebody who still denys that you can't code.

I am willing to believe you may have, some.... skill. I suppose Just make something original. : ) That's how you will please me. Not necro posting and getting all pissy because some guy on the internet said you can't code. Anyway.

I'm sorry Freelix but I still think luis completely pwn's you when it comes to coding. And social skills.

Beeeesiiiiides that. There is only a certain time in the day when no staff is online. Which is easy to patch up to be fairly honest.

I feel like im going to keep up the tradition of daring you to do stuff. It seems to make you do things. Hmmm. Let me think about this. Ill get back to you in my next post shall I? : D

Offline luisc99

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #16 on: 24 June 2014, 12:48:56 PM »
And social skills.
I am literally the most anti-social person ever ;)

Offline TheCatsMangler

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #17 on: 24 June 2014, 01:12:09 PM »
And social skills.
I am literally the most anti-social person ever ;)

Your still polite : P

Offline Airbongo

• Cheese
  • Eh, what's up, doc?
    • View profile
« Reply #18 on: 24 June 2014, 01:16:19 PM »
catfight between bitches.

Offline Freelix2000

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • Meow.
    • View profile
« Reply #19 on: 24 June 2014, 03:41:07 PM »

I know the basic law of how java works in these cases. Give someone something to code with. And they would probably make it in a day. That's if they are stupid enough to spend a month or so on it just to prove something to somebody who still denys that you can't code.

I am willing to believe you may have, some.... skill. I suppose Just make something original. : ) That's how you will please me. Not necro posting and getting all pissy because some guy on the internet said you can't code. Anyway.

I'm sorry Freelix but I still think luis completely pwn's you when it comes to coding. And social skills.

Beeeesiiiiides that. There is only a certain time in the day when no staff is online. Which is easy to patch up to be fairly honest.

I feel like im going to keep up the tradition of daring you to do stuff. It seems to make you do things. Hmmm. Let me think about this. Ill get back to you in my next post shall I? : D
Really? Well, I just saw it yesterday, and it took me 5 minutes. Its a pretty basic plugin, only 2 commands and one class file. =P "I'm sorry Freelix but I still think luis completely pwn's you when it comes to coding. And social skills." I'll admit, he pwns me in social skills. That's because I have high functioning autism asshole. As for coding, it sort of depends on what "coding" you're talking about. He's better with Java in general and perhaps other languages, but he's said it himself that I'm much better with Bukkit API and plugin development. Just yesterday I showed Akomine and tenretni my best plugin, they both loved it and want to have it on VC. I would love to show you as well, just meet me in game some time. Of course you'll be too stuck up to admit that it beats the hell out of anything you've ever done with your pathetic life, or maybe you'll accuse me of stealing it. But, at least then we'll both know that I win.

Screw that, the brand on your ass takes priority since it has a physical manifestation. You belong to me, mother trucker.
Freelix is awesome.
Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Offline Airbongo

• Cheese
  • Eh, what's up, doc?
    • View profile
« Reply #20 on: 24 June 2014, 04:10:59 PM »

Really? Well, I just saw it yesterday, and it took me 5 minutes. Its a pretty basic plugin, only 2 commands and one class file. =P "I'm sorry Freelix but I still think luis completely pwn's you when it comes to coding. And social skills." I'll admit, he pwns me in social skills. That's because I have high functioning autism asshole. As for coding, it sort of depends on what "coding" you're talking about. He's better with Java in general and perhaps other languages, but he's said it himself that I'm much better with Bukkit API and plugin development. Just yesterday I showed Akomine and tenretni my best plugin, they both loved it and want to have it on VC. I would love to show you as well, just meet me in game some time. Of course you'll be too stuck up to admit that it beats the hell out of anything you've ever done with your pathetic life, or maybe you'll accuse me of stealing it. But, at least then we'll both know that I win.
I wanted to try it too but you refused to whitelist me for some reason, lul.

Offline ThePandaWonder

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: -1
  • 9/11
    • View profile
    • Fuck yeah its Cheese!
« Reply #21 on: 24 June 2014, 04:16:17 PM »

Offline TheCatsMangler

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #22 on: 24 June 2014, 04:34:56 PM »

I can tell you have high functioning autism. Seeing I can make you angry with ease. And I never denied anything here. Are you complaining so much to be because you are worried ill find out that you actually fail at this stuff?

Fact of the day, luis doesn't work on much bukkit plugins because he prefers to make stuff without as much limits. But as you probably know, he is infact more than capable with bukkit. Luis is also very modest. He will never admit anything.

And to be honest.
beats the hell out of anything you've ever done with your pathetic life
That was the best line of them all. Why would I want to spend my life failing and working every night to try become something more than a script kiddy? How sad do I have to be to try be better than someone else?

Atleast, "we'll both know that I win."

I'm sorry Freelix but you can spend your intire life with this. Even if you do get moderately sort of good at being slightly good. I'll still remember who you are.

Well, I just saw it yesterday, and it took me 5 minutes.

Even if you really did see it yesterday. 5 minutes you say? Stretching the truth there a bit aren't ya?

Time to go steal airs bong. Urm. Air, where exactly is your bong again?   

Offline luisc99

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #23 on: 24 June 2014, 04:43:40 PM »
I'll admit, he pwns me in social skills.
Why do you all presume I have good social skills? I'me literally the most introverted person alive.
Seriously, if I was in class and a snake was about to poison me under the desk, I probably wouldn't mention it. If I were on the server and a bear or something came into my room and started to eat me, I probably wouldn't even mention it in chat ;)

He's better with Java in general and perhaps other languages
I can code in Java fluently; Lua, Scala, CSS, Scratch and HTML quite well; JavaScript and AppleScript kinda well; and PHP, Bash and Groovy a little bit, but not very well. (So, 11?)
I'm also learning Objective-C / Swift, to try and get into app development, but it's the pure opposite of what I'm used to. I doubt I'll get very far ;)

he's said it himself that I'm much better with Bukkit API and plugin development
You're a Bukkit developer. You know the API inside and out. I started MC modding in Forge, which is cool in it's own way (in a non-gradle world), but it changes MC differently to Bukkit. There has been times I've been coding for Bukkit and got stuck and thought, "Oh wait, Bukkit doesn't have that". Or vice-versa ;)
Plus, your plugins are super amazing. Really compact and efficient, and easy to use. I'm used to big, complex things for forge (as you can probably see with VcMod!). The most I've ever done with a plugin is a per-player scoreboard system + display, but it breaks on restarts and has a few memory leaks. Your plugins are really cool :D

Luis is also very modest. He will never admit anything.
I'm not modest, I just think badly of everything I do. I always think that I haven't done much, and everyone else did things better than me. I only admit to my fails or derps ;)

Even if you really did see it yesterday. 5 minutes you say?
I haven't actually seen the plugin, because I can't find a download link anywhere, but Bukkit plugins are quite easy to code. For this, it seems that 5-10 minutes would seem about correct ;)

Offline TheCatsMangler

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #24 on: 24 June 2014, 04:50:27 PM »
I haven't actually seen the plugin, because I can't find a download link anywhere, but Bukkit plugins are quite easy to code. For this, it seems that 5-10 minutes would seem about correct ;)

Maybe for you Mr. SuperCode.

But im talking about the thing in general. Aspecially for something, with. Freelix's....talent? Testing and stuff. Unless you was to copy the code from other projects. Preferble ones you didn't have anything to do with. And paste it in and make a few tweaks. And testing it in a working server. I honestly just say this stuff to annoy you Freelix. It works like a charm.

Offline Runek

• Cheese
  • Where there's a Shadow, there's a Light.
    • View profile
« Reply #25 on: 24 June 2014, 05:11:27 PM »
Air. Is the popcorn ready yet? You're missing the movie, honey.

Offline Akomine

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 666
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
« Reply #26 on: 24 June 2014, 05:18:52 PM »
I've got some!

Ako is gay and has superaids - Air

Offline Airbongo

• Cheese
  • Eh, what's up, doc?
    • View profile
« Reply #27 on: 24 June 2014, 05:20:21 PM »
Air. Is the popcorn ready yet? You're missing the movie, honey.
The popcorn is served and the bong is loaded.

Offline Akomine

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 666
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
« Reply #28 on: 24 June 2014, 05:25:30 PM »
Um, I supplied a pic of the popcorn I just popped for us, now you can supply a fucking pic of the bong you loaded.
Grab me a beer while you're at it. You pick the brand.

Edit: Actually, looks like the half the fucking staff is here for the show, grab a whole case.
« Last Edit: 24 June 2014, 05:30:27 PM by Akomine »

Ako is gay and has superaids - Air

Offline Airbongo

• Cheese
  • Eh, what's up, doc?
    • View profile
« Reply #29 on: 24 June 2014, 06:01:06 PM »
D:
My bong is filthy so I will supply pics of the loaded vape instead

http://i.imgur.com/X7Pe795.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/UaGoVA1.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/ZnUfBtu.jpg

Offline Freelix2000

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • Meow.
    • View profile
« Reply #30 on: 24 June 2014, 06:05:02 PM »
I honestly just say this stuff to annoy you Freelix. It works like a charm.
Do you enjoy being an ass or can you just not help it?

Freelix is awesome.