Poll

Which layout is better?

The current layout
0 (0%)
The new layout
9 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Voting closed: 25 July 2012, 09:07:27 PM

Author Topic: Should we change the VillageCraft website?  (Read 8405 times)

Offline soundbyte_mantra (OP)

• Villager
  • Llamas: 0
    • View profile
Should we change the VillageCraft website?
« on: 23 July 2012, 09:07:27 PM »
I'm thinking of redoing the website because I find the current one crowded and too dark. You can find the addresses below:

Current: http://www.villagecraft-server.com
New: http://www.villagecraft-server.com/index2.html

Keep in mind that the new layout is a work in progress and will look better when I'm done, I just want to know if I'm on the right track. Please vote on the site layout you prefer. Thanks!

I also welcome constructive critisism and suggestions.
« Last Edit: 23 July 2012, 09:29:37 PM by soundbyte_mantra »

Offline cayrat

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
    • View profile
Re: Should we change the VillageCraft website?
« Reply #1 on: 23 July 2012, 09:13:05 PM »
It was hard to vote,  I like both layouts.
"Everyone is crazy, some are just crazier then the rest of us."
"Let us test these hearts."
Let dead people do your work for you.
~Robert Lang

Offline cjm721

• [FORUM BANNED]
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #2 on: 23 July 2012, 11:25:33 PM »
Looks bad on firefox.

• Villager
    • View profile
« Reply #3 on: 24 July 2012, 02:15:03 AM »
I'll work out the Firefox kinks later.

Offline Airbongo

• Staff Member | Administrator
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 69
  • Eh, what's up, doc?
    • View profile
« Reply #4 on: 24 July 2012, 02:46:35 AM »
You should use my logo :)

Offline Rainy_Turtloid

• Cheese
  • Turtles are incredible
    • View profile
« Reply #5 on: 24 July 2012, 08:52:51 AM »
Looks bad on firefox.

Use Chrome ;)

Kovos_Datch

« Reply #6 on: 24 July 2012, 09:32:24 AM »
Looks bad on firefox.

Use Chrome ;)

No thank. I enjoy the control that Firefox gives me.
Internet explore: Never.
Firefox: Lets the user manipulate the plugins they use and allows them to control what happens in the background
Chrome: Straightforward. You can pick what you want, but it doesn't always alert you to the stuff that happens in the background.

Firefox gives more control, while Chrome is a bit more straightforward. It truly is a matter of preference: more control, or straightforward. Chrome, i find, is better for gaming purposes, while firefox is better for browsing.

• Villager
    • View profile
« Reply #7 on: 24 July 2012, 01:18:22 PM »
Looks bad on firefox.

Use Chrome ;)

Firefox: Lets the user manipulate the plugins they use and allows them to control what happens in the background
Chrome: Straightforward. You can pick what you want, but it doesn't always alert you to the stuff that happens in the background.

Firefox gives more control, while Chrome is a bit more straightforward. It truly is a matter of preference: more control, or straightforward. Chrome, i find, is better for gaming purposes, while firefox is better for browsing.

Chrome: Lightweight but incomplete and doesn't display a lot of script-based sites properly.
Firefox: Grants user control but suffers from an array of compatibility issues.
Explorer: The new version is as quick as Chrome, is complete and gives user control for plugins.

Explorer gets my vote.  :D

Offline Islid

• Cheese
  • Time Traveller Extraordinare
    • View profile
« Reply #8 on: 24 July 2012, 01:19:15 PM »
Looks bad on firefox.

Use Chrome ;)

Chrome: Lightweight but incomplete and doesn't display a lot of script-based sites properly.
Explorer: The new version is as quick as Chrome, is complete and gives user control for plugins.

Not to sound like a macfag here, but I'm going to sound like a macfag for a second.

I prefer Safari. :P

Kovos_Datch

« Reply #9 on: 24 July 2012, 01:21:00 PM »
Looks bad on firefox.

Use Chrome ;)

Other than IE is like a door. Everyone gets a turn and the knob carries a virus at every turn  ;)
« Last Edit: 24 July 2012, 07:48:30 PM by soundbyte_mantra »

Offline Airbongo

• Cheese
  • Eh, what's up, doc?
    • View profile
« Reply #10 on: 24 July 2012, 03:03:44 PM »
Looks bad on firefox.

Use Chrome ;)

Ako and you both use Internet Explorer. Why?! :'(

Offline Rainy_Turtloid

• Cheese
  • Turtles are incredible
    • View profile
« Reply #11 on: 24 July 2012, 07:04:10 PM »
Looks bad on firefox.

Use Chrome ;)

Offline tr0ll_

• Cheese
  • Banned again.
    • View profile
« Reply #12 on: 24 July 2012, 07:35:44 PM »
Looks bad on firefox.

Use Chrome ;)

NO. THAT IS NOT A THING. IT WILL NOT BE. THAT PIC MAKES NO SENSE. The Ancient Aliens one does because it is related to aliens. That is not.

• Villager
    • View profile
« Reply #13 on: 24 July 2012, 07:48:40 PM »
Looks bad on firefox.

Use Chrome ;)

Other than IE is like a door. Everyone gets a turn and the knob carries a virus at every turn  ;)

The browser you use has nothing to with the possibility of getting a virus. That's what anti-virus programs are for.  8)

Offline cjm721

• [FORUM BANNED]
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #14 on: 26 July 2012, 07:34:20 PM »
Air... your explorer is one of the first defenses (computer side) against virus and script based attacks.

Offline Airbongo

• Cheese
  • Eh, what's up, doc?
    • View profile
« Reply #15 on: 26 July 2012, 07:37:08 PM »
Air... your explorer is one of the first defenses (computer side) against virus and script based attacks.
Uhh I think you mean Sound lol.

Offline cjm721

• [FORUM BANNED]
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #16 on: 26 July 2012, 07:43:28 PM »
Damm red names look alike. Sorry i did mean sound.

Offline Akomine

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 666
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
« Reply #17 on: 26 July 2012, 08:03:46 PM »

We use Internet Explorer Nine, because Internet Explorer Nine is better than Firefox and Chrome. We both did our research, and based on some basic motherfucking facts (and not on random misconceptions) we learned that IE9 is better. Sound converted from Chrome.

False. IE9 is safer than both Chrome and Firefox. Combined. Several times over. Stop pretending otherwise! I have sourced proof of this! :)

Welcome to the best of both worlds, fast like Chrome (faster actually, me and Air discussed this and I pwnt him), and plugin/addon control like Firefox.
Air: "You can't get adblock for IE"
Ako: "I have adblock... on IE..."
Pwnt.

Did I mention safer?
"Explorer 9 web browser does a better job of protecting users from malware than the competition. In fact it's not even close: In the first study, IE 9 is shown to block a whopping 96 percent of live threats online, compared to just 13.2 percent for Google Chrome, 7.6 percent for Mozilla Firefox and Apple Safari, and 6.1 percent for Opera." -NSS

Addendum: Internet browsers are like religions. Some follow them blindly and ignore facts that there may be a better alternative.
If you simply LIKE using Chrome or FF, that's cool though. ;)
« Last Edit: 26 July 2012, 08:06:48 PM by Akomine »

Ako is gay and has superaids - Air

Offline Airbongo

• Cheese
  • Eh, what's up, doc?
    • View profile
« Reply #18 on: 26 July 2012, 08:14:24 PM »

We use Internet Explorer Nine, because Internet Explorer Nine is better than Firefox and Chrome. We both did our research, and based on some basic motherfucking facts (and not on random misconceptions) we learned that IE9 is better. Sound converted from Chrome.

False. IE9 is safer than both Chrome and Firefox. Combined. Several times over. Stop pretending otherwise! I have sourced proof of this! :)

Welcome to the best of both worlds, fast like Chrome (faster actually, me and Air discussed this and I pwnt him), and plugin/addon control like Firefox.
Pwnt.

Did I mention safer?
"Explorer 9 web browser does a better job of protecting users from malware than the competition. In fact it's not even close: In the first study, IE 9 is shown to block a whopping 96 percent of live threats online, compared to just 13.2 percent for Google Chrome, 7.6 percent for Mozilla Firefox and Apple Safari, and 6.1 percent for Opera." -NSS

Addendum: Internet browsers are like religions. Some follow them blindly and ignore facts that there may be a better alternative.
If you simply LIKE using Chrome or FF, that's cool though. ;)

Offline Airbongo

• Cheese
  • Eh, what's up, doc?
    • View profile
« Reply #19 on: 26 July 2012, 08:18:20 PM »
Pwnt.

Lies! You were complaining about ads and I told you to install the adblock I use for Chrome. You installed it and loved it slut.

Offline Akomine

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 666
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
« Reply #20 on: 26 July 2012, 08:38:53 PM »
Shhh... boobies.

Ako is gay and has superaids - Air

Offline Rainy_Turtloid

• Cheese
  • Turtles are incredible
    • View profile
« Reply #21 on: 26 July 2012, 08:39:39 PM »