Author Topic: This is a video  (Read 2976 times)

Offline ChaosMushrooms (OP)

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 0
  • ckiens
    • View profile
This is a video
« on: 1 August 2014, 01:12:43 PM »

Russell Brand has many points here and the american guy is a dumbass. basically.

Offline SirLogiC

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
    • View profile
Re: This is a video
« Reply #1 on: 2 August 2014, 02:33:16 AM »
While Russell Brand has some valid points, his use of ad hominem attacks stops me from being able to take him seriously.

The Palestine-Israel conflict though, I hate it.

Like if I asked you to think of the most oppressed people on Earth you might likely say North Korea. It's a total dictatorship, ruler has absolute authority, there is concentration camps for people that had the audacity to complain about being hungry or not having electricity.

The Palestinians can't even leave the country, Israel has blockaded the entire country. This conflict saw the destruction of a power plant, leaving them with 2 hours of electricity a day indefinitely. They have no economy any more, relying completely on whatever aid can get in there. There is no farm land, it's solid urban area in the Gaza strip. They can barely repair the damaged structures since building materials aren't allowed in. At any time they could receive a warning their house will be bombed, in which case they have 5 minutes to get the fuck out before it gets destroyed. They don't have access to proper medical care or medical facilities.

Israel has killed so many civilians, women and children, they disgust me. They don't want peace. Israel is a terrorist country, raining rockets and fear on Palestine, and have been doing so for decades. The worst part is the international community can't really do anything because America backs Israel 100%. The rockets Hamas use are home made. They can't get real rockets. Most of them land harmlessly because they have no guidance, if they can get through the US granted "Iron Dome" defence system. Israel uses US high tech, precise rockets.

No wait the worst part is the few Palestinians who fight for their freedom, who join Hamas because it seems like their only hope of escape, get branded as traitors and used as an excuse for the Israelis to bomb more civilians. I say this again, the Palestinians there are NOT allowed to leave the country. There is no escape. They are basically in an open air prison, packed in there like sardines, shuffling about to avoid where the bombs fall.

http://www.ifamericansknew.org/stat/deaths.html

This source says 1,179 Israelis and 8.407 Palestinians have been killed in their fighting since 2000. This data is not up to date, much more Palestinians have died. They do have info on that though, in this last conflict so far- 65 Israelis have been killed (5% civilian), 1,492 Palestinians have been killed (85% civilian).

The eye for an eye for an eye chain that that has lasted a long time, the excuse that a 2000 year old book said it was their land so they have a "right" to it. If they want this conflict to end let the Gaza strip go. This conflict really pisses me off.

Israel are terrorists and the US openly funds and supports them. I hate this.

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • ckiens
    • View profile
« Reply #2 on: 2 August 2014, 03:00:46 AM »
Is there an audiobook of that? I am not meaning to focus on these facts but rather the example of how fuckinv stupid the Americgn media.

Offline Airbongo

• Staff Member | Administrator
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 69
  • Eh, what's up, doc?
    • View profile
« Reply #3 on: 2 August 2014, 03:06:14 AM »
I've been following the conflict and it just blows my mind how can people support Israel. The assholes who try to justify Israel's actions call the civilian slaughter collateral damage and blame Hamas, saying they use civilians as human shields. How the fuck is bombing a UN school that warned the Israelis 17 times they were housing civilians, a casualty of war? The worst part is that most Israelis hate the Palestinians and 85% of Israelis are in favor of the war. I don't see a war, though, I only see Israel committing terrorist acts with impunity. Where are their UN sanctions? Complete horrid shit.

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • ckiens
    • View profile
« Reply #4 on: 2 August 2014, 03:13:26 AM »
#airforworldleader

Offline Akomine

• Staff Member | Administrator
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 666
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
« Reply #5 on: 2 August 2014, 05:16:56 PM »
Russell Brand has many points here and the american guy is a dumbass. basically.

Basically. Fox is a cesspool of propaganda. How dare another viewpoint be said on their airwaves!

<snip>

Well said, though I wasn't able to find a solid ad hominem from Russell, not sure what you're referring to on that point.

Agreed, Israel is a terrorist country. A genocidal, apartheid, hypocritical, terrorist country.

Agreed, the US is a terrorist country which supports other terrorist countries and yet demonizes terrorism.

Fox News is a propaganda network.

Fuck religion, the source of much of the world's evil, injustice, suffering, irrational hatred, violence, and death.

<snip>

Well put. This is a one-sided "war". One side is the cause (Israel). The other, much smaller side is struggling for survival and gets blamed for what the massive genocidal bully does somehow. If they sit and do nothing, they are cowards. If they even dare to fight back, they are "terrorists". Retarded. The civilian death numbers are very telling. Israel wants to kill them en masse as a people, and blame them for the problems. It's like Nazi Germany 2.0, with the Jewish victims of the holocaust at the helm committing the very same atrocities to the minority of their stolen country.

Ako is gay and has superaids - Air