Author Topic: Tr0ll's Ban Appeal II: Electric Boogaloo  (Read 23554 times)

Offline tr0ll_ (OP)

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 0
  • Banned again.
    • View profile
Tr0ll's Ban Appeal II: Electric Boogaloo
« on: 25 July 2012, 12:27:46 PM »
State your full Minecraft username: tr0ll_
State the punishment you recieved: banned
State what you were likely doing that got you banned/punished: xraying
State why you should be pardoned: I swear to never even use my client on the server again.
Explain your case: If I get unbanned, I'll give you all the ores I own. Every single ore. Even the iron I bought. Also anything else you want, you can take it. Want a village of mine? All yours. I have no excuse for my actions, and if I get unbanned I am okay with the most severe (sans ban) punishment.

Thanks!

Offline tr0ll_ (OP)

• Cheese
  • Banned again.
    • View profile
Re: Tr0ll's Ban Appeal II: Electric Boogaloo
« Reply #1 on: 25 July 2012, 12:33:26 PM »
Also, epic wasn't with me. I asked him to tp to me with some torches. He didn't know what I was doing. He was trying to be a good friend.

Offline cjm721

• [FORUM BANNED]
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #2 on: 25 July 2012, 05:09:57 PM »
You were on probation and broke the rules. The original agreement was permanent ban if you broke a rule.

Offline tr0ll_ (OP)

• Cheese
  • Banned again.
    • View profile
« Reply #3 on: 25 July 2012, 05:14:16 PM »
You were on probation and broke the rules. The original agreement was permanent ban if you broke a rule.
Ako said I could appeal.

Offline Bl4ck_St0ne

• I NEED MORE JLAW FACIALS PLS
  • Staff Member | Administrator
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 1
  • I like cheesy bread.
    • View profile
« Reply #4 on: 25 July 2012, 05:53:48 PM »
Honestly I think perhaps let him join again, though as he said, take away w.e we should, and make it pretty severe for his actions. I honestly think after that appeal he may be alright, if he does 1 more bad thing.... like cheating.. i say ban forever.. no matter what unless it was completely a misunderstanding or something.
The Fappening will continue... FOREVER ON JLAW NUDES... FOREVER ON!

Offline tr0ll_ (OP)

• Cheese
  • Banned again.
    • View profile
« Reply #5 on: 25 July 2012, 06:06:09 PM »
Time for the whole truth. I wasn't exactly "xraying" to the definiton most of you have. And yes, my regular client was not installed. I've been working on an idea that could fight orebfuscator

Which is an anti-xray plugin. What I planned on doing was swapping the stone and ore textures (it was a bit more complicated, as orebuscator changes all unexposed stone to ore) then activating a second xray mod which in theory would work. So I tried it tried it on the server, to see if there were any bugs with the idea before I worked on thinking of a way to fight the swapping of unexposed stone to ore) and the problem was that all the ores were unrecognizable. I found a vein of TNT. So what I was doing was ming all the ores to see what turned into what, and aida happened to be watching. Epic didn't even know I was doing this. So yeah. By the way, I haven't been able to think of a way to fight orebuscator, soall this was for nothing. Also, you guys should install it.

http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/orebfuscator/

Offline Airbongo

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 69
  • Eh, what's up, doc?
    • View profile
« Reply #6 on: 25 July 2012, 06:14:40 PM »
Time for the whole truth. I wasn't exactly "xraying" to the definiton most of you have. And yes, my regular client was not installed. I've been working on an idea that could fight orebfuscator

Which is an anti-xray plugin. What I planned on doing was swapping the stone and ore textures (it was a bit more complicated, as orebuscator changes all unexposed stone to ore) then activating a second xray mod which in theory would work. So I tried it tried it on the server, to see if there were any bugs with the idea before I worked on thinking of a way to fight the swapping of unexposed stone to ore) and the problem was that all the ores were unrecognizable. I found a vein of TNT. So what I was doing was ming all the ores to see what turned into what, and aida happened to be watching. Epic didn't even know I was doing this. So yeah. By the way, I haven't been able to think of a way to fight orebuscator, soall this was for nothing. Also, you guys should install it.

You were finding diamonds just like you do with xray. I don't care what you used, the fact is that you cheated and then you denied it all. You cheated and lied about it. Epic can be unbanned.

Offline Akomine

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 666
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
« Reply #7 on: 26 July 2012, 03:01:25 PM »
The staff are voting on the issue, the results will be posted here in 1 day.

Ako is gay and has superaids - Air

Offline cjm721

• [FORUM BANNED]
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #8 on: 26 July 2012, 03:48:11 PM »

Obfuscator changes what is sent to your computer there is no way around it.

We use to have it. It used up to much resources. If you want to be usefull tr0ll__ make one that turns ores into regular stone.

Offline tr0ll_ (OP)

• Cheese
  • Banned again.
    • View profile
« Reply #9 on: 26 July 2012, 04:16:53 PM »

Obfuscator changes what is sent to your computer there is no way around it.

We use to have it. It used up to much resources. If you want to be usefull tr0ll__ make one that turns ores into regular stone.
I can try, I guess. If I win the appeal I'll work on it.

Offline cjm721

• [FORUM BANNED]
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #10 on: 26 July 2012, 04:52:27 PM »
Well that shows your real intent.

Offline tr0ll_ (OP)

• Cheese
  • Banned again.
    • View profile
« Reply #11 on: 26 July 2012, 05:20:21 PM »
Well that shows your real intent.
....uh yeah. It does. I don't want to work on developing a plugin for the server that banned me. What's wrong with that?

Offline cjm721

• [FORUM BANNED]
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #12 on: 26 July 2012, 05:34:26 PM »
Who said just for this server. A non cpu intensive obbsurator alot of servers would love.

Offline Airbongo

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 69
  • Eh, what's up, doc?
    • View profile
« Reply #13 on: 26 July 2012, 07:04:39 PM »
....uh yeah. It does. I don't want to work on developing a plugin for the server that banned me. What's wrong with that?

Uh you have a point there I guess :p

Offline tr0ll_ (OP)

• Cheese
  • Banned again.
    • View profile
« Reply #14 on: 29 July 2012, 06:33:45 PM »
I hate to be THAT GUY, but a few days ago Ako said the voting for me would end in a day or two. Any word?

Offline tr0ll_ (OP)

• Cheese
  • Banned again.
    • View profile
« Reply #15 on: 30 July 2012, 12:01:11 AM »
SO you guys voted to keep me banned. No problem. I will continue to appeal. I think my ban should be taken down to a tempban, with the punishment of ALL my items and mcmmo skills taken away. My repair is in 2nd place, I think that's fair.

Offline Akomine

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 666
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
« Reply #16 on: 30 July 2012, 12:14:33 AM »
Update:
6 staff members voted to keep tr0ll_ permanently banned.
No other staff voted.

Troll is free to continue to appeal.

Ako is gay and has superaids - Air

Offline Pupdude

• Member of Parliament
  • Villager
  • I'm Sexy and I Know It!
    • View profile
« Reply #17 on: 2 August 2012, 07:57:54 PM »
Ako, I have a proposition:

The Staff's Side of the Contract:
The Staff will convert Troll's Permaban into a 7 Day Tempban
Troll's Side of the Contract:
All Property Goes to The Staff (Includes Items, excludes property Troll co-owns.  In this case, Troll may not use/live on/take from/set foot on the property until certain conditions have been met.  He may have his own property after the 7 Day ban, but must gather/craft/build it himself, and it must be gathered/crafted/built after the 7 Day ban.)
Temporary Ban for 7 Days, in order to repossess property/items owned by Troll
He temporarily has his permission nodes set to a specific channel that only gives him very basic permission nodes AKA no use of Gods, Showcase, Backpack (If added in), etc.  Only basics like Economy, Teleport (Maybe 7 second delays, longer wait periods, etc.), etc.
Economy: All of Troll's money is removed and given to The Staff to split up as they see fit.  In addition, Troll will be (Insert Suitable Number Here) dollars in debt, and will have to work on his own or for others in order to clear up his debt and finally be able to buy things from other players.
Troll will have to obtain (Insert Suitable Number Here) Community Service Points from Admins by doing Community Service work for them.  Each job will yield a suitable amount of points, proportional to the amount of work done.  When (Insert Suitable Percentage Here) of the CSP has been earned, he will be allowed to once again use/live on/take from/set foot on his property that remains, and he is allowed to use Showcase again.  After he has earned ALL of the CSP needed, he will be restored to his previous title (If he was a Gold VIP, he would once again be a Gold VIP, etc.), however the debt that's left will remain in place, which means he must work it off, and the confiscated property will not be returned to him.

There will be serious consequences if either party refuses to carry out their side of the contract as specified, as listed below:

Definition of Troll refuses to carry out his side of the contract: He commits any crime in-game, petty or otherwise, and if petty, does not make up for it almost immediately after the crime is discovered to be his, or earlier.  This DOES NOT apply to him refusing to do Community Service.  It is his choice to carry out Community Service at his pace or not at all.  He is welcome to refuse to do Community Service (Or refuse to pay off his debt), and is welcome to remain restricted to a very small amount of permission nodes by doing so.  Consider it extra payment that was unnecessary.

Consequences for Troll should he refuse to abide by the laws of the contract: Permabanned, may or may not have an appeal, depends on severity of crime.  If petty/semi-petty, he is allowed to appeal.  If a felony is committed, no appeal is granted unless there is evidence he did not commit the felony in question.  If Terrorism is committed, no appeals, period.

Definition of The Staff refusing to carry out their side of the contract: They refuse to unban Troll (Permanent or Temporary) after accepting and being bound to the contract in order to allow him to repay his debt to the server, or in any way refuse to allow Troll to carry out his side of the contract.  This includes, but is not limited to: Not offering any Community Service jobs, or offering CS jobs on occasion, not giving any payment or petty payment for a CS job, refusing to give certain permissions to him such as Teleport (May alter the wait and delay values some) and Economy (So he can sell things to clear up his debt), and refusing to restore his permissions upon obtaining all CS points.  This DOES NOT apply to the banning of Troll for crimes committed against the community after the 7 Day Tempban.

Consequences for The Staff should they refuse to abide by the laws of the contract: Troll is free of all consequences of the charges against him, however his next offense will result in him breaking the contract, and a Permaban, which may or may not be appealed, depending on the criteria detailed in the Troll's Consequences section.  If The Staff refuses to carry out this part of the contract (IE refuses to free Troll of all consequences should they break the contract), action will be taken, and the contract will be carried out by any means necessary.

These consequences are set to protect both parties from unlawful actions made by the other party.  The contract must be carried out as soon as The Staff receives word from me to carry out the contract.  In addition to both parties accepting the contract, I will have to accept the terms of the contract as well in order for the contract to take effect.  If changes are made to the contract, all other parties must review and accept the revised contract in order for the contract to take effect.

You may revise the contract and post the revised edition here.  Do you accept the terms of the contract as described in this post?

Offline cjm721

• [FORUM BANNED]
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #18 on: 2 August 2012, 08:22:56 PM »
Ako, I have a proposition:.....
.....You may revise the contract and post the revised edition here.  Do you accept the terms of the contract as described in this post?

Shortened the quote.

Tr0ll_ server a few month ban (was perma) to come back on patroll with the agreement he broke any rule he be permabanned again  (forever). He broke contract once he will do it again. So no pup he is not coming back and he should be the one proposing it not you.

Offline Islid

• Cheese
  • Time Traveller Extraordinare
    • View profile
« Reply #19 on: 2 August 2012, 08:26:49 PM »
As the player representative, I would like to point out that Pupdude provided a much more extensive and all-inclusive contract than the previous one, which was just that Tr0ll would come back, lose some of his stuff, and be on parole for a period of time. This issues a much harsher punishment, which might be what is necessary to prevent things like this from happening again.

On the flipside, however, Cj makes an excellent point - Tr0ll breached a contract before, and there is no real indication that he wouldn't do so again with the expectation that he could just provide a more elaborate and more harsh punishment for himself, knowing he would just be able to x-ray the stuff right back inside of a week. There has to be some pretty convincing reasons as to why Tr0ll wouldn't do this, besides "Oh, I removed it, and I won't do it again, cross my heart, hope to die!"

CJ makes a tough argument. Contracts are apparently breakable for you once, what stops them from being breakable again?

Offline Kyro

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #20 on: 2 August 2012, 08:38:30 PM »
It's not about him losing his items and facing immense in-game discipline. This is about the countless times he's broken the rules and made the server miserable for everyone else. Trust me, we gave him the benefit of the doubt more than once and were more than fair to him, and still no change in attitude. The only punishment to prevent things like this from happening again is to ban the person. Perhaps Tr0ll will mature and we'll give another chance, but from the staff's voting, this isn't happening soon.

Offline Rainy_Turtloid

• Cheese
  • Turtles are incredible
    • View profile
« Reply #21 on: 2 August 2012, 09:03:45 PM »
It's not about him losing his items and facing immense in-game discipline. This is about the countless times he's broken the rules and made the server miserable for everyone else. Trust me, we gave him the benefit of the doubt more than once and were more than fair to him, and still no change in attitude. The only punishment to prevent things like this from happening again is to ban the person. Perhaps Tr0ll will mature and we'll give another chance, but from the staff's voting, this isn't happening soon.

Yeah He started telling me to "Go die" and kept cursing me with his sidekick epic.

And This sounds a shit-ton like my situation and life on VC lol.

Offline Pupdude

• Member of Parliament
  • Villager
    • View profile
« Reply #22 on: 2 August 2012, 09:18:30 PM »
You people DO realize that:
1. If he chooses to go along with the contract, you can set the amount of "Community Service Points" he needs in order to get permission nodes back, and the amount given when a job is complete.  It just needs to be REASONABLE.
2. You can give him jobs for ANYTHING (Including rebuilding buildings he griefed, mining for diamonds in order to replace things he stole from others and lost/destroyed.
3. This is a chance to redeem himself and hopefully make up for what he's done in the past.
4. If he DOES screw you over, you can still permaban him for it.  He is not immune from the law should the contract take effect.

This contract was written as a last resort step for "convicts" to redeem themselves, before the convict would have to be banned to keep the peace. 

Offline Islid

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #23 on: 2 August 2012, 10:22:51 PM »
You people DO realize that:
1. If he chooses to go along with the contract, you can set the amount of "Community Service Points" he needs in order to get permission nodes back, and the amount given when a job is complete.  It just needs to be REASONABLE.
2. You can give him jobs for ANYTHING (Including rebuilding buildings he griefed, mining for diamonds in order to replace things he stole from others and lost/destroyed.
3. This is a chance to redeem himself and hopefully make up for what he's done in the past.
4. If he DOES screw you over, you can still permaban him for it.  He is not immune from the law should the contract take effect.

This contract was written as a last resort step for "convicts" to redeem themselves, before the convict would have to be banned to keep the peace. 

The problem with that statement is that Tr0ll was technically already given his "last chance" - this was the intent of the original contract agreement he had with the mods, involving parole, if I am not mistaken.

Kyro's point is that he has been given so many chances and punishments that it has to stop somewhere, and due to the way the mods voted, they determined that it stopped here. I'm all in favour of helping people out who are willing to change, but given the incredibly large number of times he's been given chances before... it seems unreasonable to continue to work with him.

Offline Pupdude

• Member of Parliament
  • Villager
    • View profile
« Reply #24 on: 3 August 2012, 01:15:32 AM »
Since when was there a parole contract?

Offline Pupdude

• Member of Parliament
  • Villager
    • View profile
« Reply #25 on: 3 August 2012, 01:22:31 AM »
Nvrmnd, I found it.

That wasn't exactly a contract.

Ako, could you please post Troll's full VC criminal record, so I may see just how much crime he's committed?

Offline Islid

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #26 on: 3 August 2012, 01:44:28 AM »
Nvrmnd, I found it.

Ako, could you please post Troll's full VC criminal record, so I may see just how much crime he's committed?

A contract is merely a voluntary agreement by two or more parties intended to hold each of those parties responsible for commitments made as outlined by said contract, that can have either verbal or written elements.

By saying "Hey, don't do this crap and this is what we can do for you," they've essentially created just that.

Offline cjm721

• [FORUM BANNED]
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #27 on: 3 August 2012, 03:34:42 AM »
Nvrmnd, I found it.

Pup stop asking for shit this is not your case nor is it your place to be posting. Nor do we want to take the time to go through the piles of record for him. I can tell you its over 15 offenses in which of least 5 where a tempban/perma. Ie we were very forgiving and in my mind to much so.

You are also going to be either temp banned from posting in this section of the forums or the entire form.
« Last Edit: 3 August 2012, 03:37:43 AM by cjm721 »

Offline tr0ll_ (OP)

• Cheese
  • Banned again.
    • View profile
« Reply #28 on: 3 August 2012, 02:42:08 PM »
Everyone stop it. I don't care anymore. It's not some big deal to me or anything. I made my own server. However, would you guys mind transferring my [VIP] to epicxinfected? Thanks.

Offline tr0ll_ (OP)

• Cheese
  • Banned again.
    • View profile
« Reply #29 on: 3 August 2012, 02:46:31 PM »
Also Cj....
Calm y'all titties and read.

Offline cjm721

• [FORUM BANNED]
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #30 on: 3 August 2012, 03:00:23 PM »
Also Cj....
Calm y'all titties and read.
You are free to appeal for you not pup. And second you are still going to be banned until you somehow make an appeal to change that.