Author Topic: Whats do i do if ive been griefed?  (Read 6223 times)

Offline SouthsideNewts (OP)

• New Villager
  • Llamas: 0
    • View profile
Whats do i do if ive been griefed?
« on: 26 July 2012, 03:25:34 AM »
basically, i built a way-station, spent a few hours making it nice, only to come to it with the door removed, most of my windows broken, the basement opened to the ocean, and a redstone lamp missing as well.

this is after my lamps wiring was removed twice before by an unknown player.

the house is located at Stricken From Record

is there any way i can tell who did it, and if there is any point in making proper repairs on it?
« Last Edit: 26 July 2012, 10:40:16 AM by Islid »

Kovos_Datch

Re: Whats do i do if ive been griefed?
« Reply #1 on: 26 July 2012, 09:38:42 AM »
Do: /lb toolblock

It will give you a sponge... And when you use the sponge on blocks that are missing/broke, it will tell you who broke them. Then you can show an admin/mod or take screenshots of the log block in action. Post the pics up here and I'm sure justice will be served.

On a side note, it was not a wise idea to post up where your house is. There may be other griefers lurking on the forums. Hope you get all this resolved! Cheers!

P.s. Typed from my iPad.

Offline Islid

• Cheese
  • Time Traveller Extraordinare
    • View profile
« Reply #2 on: 26 July 2012, 10:41:32 AM »
basically, i built a way-station, spent a few hours making it nice, only to come to it with the door removed, most of my windows broken, the basement opened to the ocean, and a redstone lamp missing as well.

this is after my lamps wiring was removed twice before by an unknown player.

the house is located at Stricken From Record

is there any way i can tell who did it, and if there is any point in making proper repairs on it?

As Kovos said, if you do use a tool block, you can find out who did it and post the logs here. I will visit the house myself, and post some logs in your stead, in order to help out a bit. If you were actively working on a project in the wilderness and it got griefed, the damage can be reversed, according to the administration.

Offline Islid

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #3 on: 26 July 2012, 11:22:35 AM »
Here are the screen shots of the griefing I could discern (I may have missed some, it seemed to be repaired when I visited):

These are all shots of the actual griefing, via LB logs. It seems that from these logs, there were many griefers, by the names of:
johntpuccio - worst offender
sdjfdfsku
kodyice3
logan137 - only broke one block, and replaced it right after. I mentioned to him to be more careful about what buildings he broke.
griffincraft2
N3rv_Noobcacher
taco_riot

Quite a lot of griefers, although most of them did minimal damage. The one who did the most damage as you can see is johntpuccio, although all of the others broke the building in some way, shape, or form.

Kovos_Datch

« Reply #4 on: 26 July 2012, 11:54:41 AM »
It was johntpuccio, aka Pooch?

Well now I feel bad because I was the one that told him about this server. SouthsideNewts, I am terribly sorry for this.  :'(

Offline boylink

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #5 on: 26 July 2012, 12:55:25 PM »

It will give you a sponge... And when you use the sponge on blocks that are missing/broke, it will tell you who broke them. Then you can show an admin/mod or take screenshots of the log block in action. Post the pics up here and I'm sure justice will be served.

On a side note, it was not a wise idea to post up where your house is. There may be other griefers lurking on the forums. Hope you get all this resolved! Cheers!

P.s. Typed from my iPad.
Tbh, most griefers are pretty stupid and don't use forums.

Offline cjm721

• [FORUM BANNED]
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #6 on: 26 July 2012, 03:38:55 PM »

P.s. Typed from my iPad.

Tbh, most griefers are pretty stupid and don't use forums.
But the ones that do are the most destructive.
« Last Edit: 26 July 2012, 04:10:09 PM by cjm721 »

Offline Islid

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #7 on: 26 July 2012, 03:49:28 PM »
Update for posterity: Soundbyte_Mantra issued a three day ban to johntpuccio, and the other players haven't been punished yet.

Seeing as 95% of the damage was done by Johntpuccio, I suspect little more needs to be done, other than perhaps reminding the other players not to grief if we see them.

Kovos_Datch

« Reply #8 on: 26 July 2012, 03:51:29 PM »
Update for posterity: Soundbyte_Mantra issued a three day ban to johntpuccio, and the other players haven't been punished yet.

Seeing as 95% of the damage was done by Johntpuccio, I suspect little more needs to be done, other than perhaps reminding the other players not to grief if we see them.

If I see him around some other games I play, I will tell him to wise up.

Offline Islid

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #9 on: 26 July 2012, 04:50:49 PM »

For the record, here's another instance of his griefing, although it is rather small, in Purin's town.

• New Villager
    • View profile
« Reply #10 on: 26 July 2012, 04:55:40 PM »
thnx guys. ill get that plugin so i can tell in the future if anything happens, who did it

Offline Islid

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #11 on: 26 July 2012, 04:57:24 PM »
thnx guys. ill get that plugin so i can tell in the future if anything happens, who did it

It's actually just log block on the server - all you need to do is type /lb toolblock in-game to get a sponge, which you can use to smack blocks that have changed or place in spaces where broken blocks used to be in order to tell who altered that block in that particular space.

LB logs are the most reliable source of griefing information there is on the server, so they're very useful for reporting someone.

P.S. - use /lb toolblock off to get rid of it.

• New Villager
    • View profile
« Reply #12 on: 26 July 2012, 06:13:32 PM »
yay it looks like it happened again... :-[

time to get to work with the sponge...

Kovos_Datch

« Reply #13 on: 26 July 2012, 06:21:13 PM »
yay it looks like it happened again... :-[

time to get to work with the sponge...

Perhaps you should build further away from the spawn?

• New Villager
    • View profile
« Reply #14 on: 26 July 2012, 06:29:40 PM »
ill just make it out of obsidian. should keep noobs away.

but im just mad that my work is being destroyed for no reason..

i really wanted to make my own waypoint near qualia, but it seems ill just need to keep everything hidden away in my main base out in the wilderness just above bedrock.

i rly want to make my own village etc, but i guess thats not gunna happen any time soon if im near spawn....

Offline Airbongo

• Staff Member | Administrator
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 69
  • Eh, what's up, doc?
    • View profile
« Reply #15 on: 26 July 2012, 07:06:54 PM »
ill just make it out of obsidian. should keep noobs away.

but im just mad that my work is being destroyed for no reason..

i really wanted to make my own waypoint near qualia, but it seems ill just need to keep everything hidden away in my main base out in the wilderness just above bedrock.

i rly want to make my own village etc, but i guess thats not gunna happen any time soon if im near spawn....

If you get griefed just tell an admin or CJ and we will rollback the grief.

Offline Islid

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #16 on: 30 July 2012, 10:26:08 AM »
The griefer in this particular instance was taken care of pretty quickly, and punished accordingly. Thanks for the quick response from the administration.

Topic Locked