Author Topic: Server Suggestion: Royal Family  (Read 16046 times)

Offline Die_Endermen (OP)

• [FORUM BANNED]
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: -1
    • View profile
Server Suggestion: Royal Family
« on: 19 January 2015, 10:32:30 PM »
Hi there! It's been a long time since I have been on the forums, but I have recently been on VC a lot :) Anyways, what I think we should have for VC is a "royal family", such as one that The UK has. The royal family will really have no power except be a huge community. The people in the royal family should be staff and all donors, and should bear titles but not exaggerate them. For example, if @Akomine is king, then he will be King Akomine. He only has his regular powers and no new ones added on. @JANUARYJONES could be Princess January, or @Akomine could decide if she could be Queen January (not in a weird way :P), but anyways all staff will have the highest seats such as Queen/King consort, "The Honourable", etc. I think it should be set up like this:

All non-donors: If allowed by the king/queen, they get to be a Sir/Lady
Anyone donating $1+: Get to be a Baron/Baroness in the Royal Family
Anyone donating $5+: Get to be a Viscount/Viscountess in the Royal Family
Anyone donating $10+: Get to be a Lord in the Royal Family
Anyone donating $20+: Get to be an Earl/Countess of any town that they are in
Anyone donating $50+: Get to be a Marchioness/Marquis of any town that they are in
Anyone donating $75+:  Get to be a Duke/Duchess of any town they wish
Anyone donating $100+: Get to be a Prince/Princess of any town they wish

All staff get to be whatever they want, regardless of donation. Also, if you have donated, ranks should be accumulative and you may be addressed on whichever ones you have been allowed.

I think this is a cool idea, it really is cool and I am not trying to force a monarchy on VC. Tell me what you think in comments and how you like this :)

Sincerely, @Die_Endermen

Lividup64

Re: Server Suggestion: Royal Family
« Reply #1 on: 20 January 2015, 03:27:48 PM »
Monarchy? On VC? Haha, everyone would leave instantly. I get that you like the UK, but there is a clear line between 'liking' and 'obsessing.'

Offline TheCatsMangler

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: -3
    • View profile
« Reply #2 on: 20 January 2015, 03:44:18 PM »
Monarchy? On VC? Haha, everyone would leave instantly. I get that you like the UK, but there is a clear line between 'liking' and 'obsessing.'

I like it how it has to instantly be Britain because of a "kingdom" like government. I mean, it's not like any other country's have had Kingdoms before.

To be fair, with the instantly leaving thing, I'm sure some how hate it, but some would love it. The monarch idea, I PERSONALLY think that a monarch doesn't suite VC for the way that it's run. For instance there isn't a owner rank, Admin is the top.

I also personally think this is a interesting idea, although I personally think that it should be more or less a side thing to the server.

I personally think that I say 'personally' way to much when I share an opinion in hope that people will understand that these are personal opinions. Personally I believe that my point was made when I first said personally.

Offline JANUARYJONES

• Staff Member | Administrator
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 1
    • View profile
« Reply #3 on: 20 January 2015, 04:04:33 PM »
To be fair, she did say such as the one the UK has and she is totally obsessed with Britain.

Offline luisc99

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 60
    • View profile
« Reply #4 on: 20 January 2015, 04:16:36 PM »
Even though I am British, all I know is there is the Queen, Charles, Will amd George in line to the throne. I have no idea who's next or who else is even in the Royal Family, with it seemingly containing most of Britain now. I didn't even know some of these ranks existed.

IMO, it wouldn't work as an official thing, although I'm sure it would work as a nick thibg like you guys did a few months back with the whole "Dr" hullabaloo. :)

Offline Woodycook

• Brand New Poster
  • Llamas: 0
    • View profile
« Reply #5 on: 20 January 2015, 04:18:51 PM »
I like this idea. I think it's a really cool concept.  :D ;D ;) :o 8) ??? ::) :P :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( :)

Offline Airbongo

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 69
  • Eh, what's up, doc?
    • View profile
« Reply #6 on: 20 January 2015, 04:26:04 PM »
I like this idea. I think it's a really cool concept.  :D ;D ;) :o 8) ??? ::) :P :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( :)
:) ;) :D ;D ;D >:( :( :o 8) ??? :-*

Offline TheCatsMangler

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #7 on: 20 January 2015, 04:46:00 PM »
Even though I am British, all I know is there is the Queen, Charles, Will amd George in line to the throne. I have no idea who's next or who else is even in the Royal Family, with it seemingly containing most of Britain now. I didn't even know some of these ranks existed.

To be fair, me neither. I knew most were names for ranks, but I admit I did have to look up what the hell a monarch actually was.
I know the Queen on a first name bases, and that's about it.

• [FORUM BANNED]
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #8 on: 20 January 2015, 09:08:35 PM »

I like it how it has to instantly be Britain because of a "kingdom" like government. I mean, it's not like any other country's have had Kingdoms before.

To be fair, with the instantly leaving thing, I'm sure some how hate it, but some would love it. The monarch idea, I PERSONALLY think that a monarch doesn't suite VC for the way that it's run. For instance there isn't a owner rank, Admin is the top.

I also personally think this is a interesting idea, although I personally think that it should be more or less a side thing to the server.

I personally think that I say 'personally' way to much when I share an opinion in hope that people will understand that these are personal opinions. Personally I believe that my point was made when I first said personally.
I'm glad you like this idea, but there really is no monarch... plus there can be multiple kings and queens (staff and $100 donor rank)

To be fair, me neither. I knew most were names for ranks, but I admit I did have to look up what the hell a monarch actually was.
I know the Queen on a first name bases, and that's about it.
Britain is quite cool. Also, an example is how Diana was Lady Diana Spencer and the Marquis (of some region).

Thanks for your opinions, I see most of you like it

Offline knitefall

• Cheese
  • Fuck you, fuck you, your cool, fuck you, I am out!
    • View profile
« Reply #9 on: 20 January 2015, 10:06:36 PM »
What happened to the obsession over Greece?

Offline Cbddallas

• Staff Member
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 23
    • View profile
« Reply #10 on: 20 January 2015, 10:12:30 PM »
Greece has a royal family.

• [FORUM BANNED]
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #11 on: 21 January 2015, 07:50:19 AM »
Yes. The reason I don't like America anymore is because they force you to swear to god to a piece of cloth every morning. America has a horrible history, and kids learn about slaves being killed for not harvesting cotton. They say it is the "Land of the Free" because everyone gets rights.... Sure.... You mean only the wealthy white people? If Mike Brown was a white man who massacred 14 people that exact same day, he would probably be PARDONED just like that man who was considered a 'misunderstood teenager'. Anyways, the USA has a filthy history of destruction, genocide and forced allegiance. America has killed 15 million Native Americans, forcefully removed a couple thousand during the "Andrew Jackson regime", when they went to appeal to the House of Congress, they said nothing could be done so they had to "respect the law of the land". America has also approved of slavery ever since Day 1. Figures say slaves were anywhere from 10-15 million, and all of them were running to Canada to escape slavery because they would be killed. Rights were given 100 YEARS later and blacks were innocently being lynched day by day. When they invaded Iraq, even innocents were killed, even the ones who pledged no allegiance to Saddam Hussein. Our president has killed over 1 million people and put in the highest prison population in the world, yet HE WINS A NOBEL PEACE PRIZE. Also, did you hear about the time America secretly sent $3mil to some Algerian Pirates or else they would declare war? That was $3mil back then in 1805, so it's a lot of money. Now I see why 25% of our country lives in poverty and the government is not the best.

Shame on you, America.

Offline usrmvm

• Member of Parliament
  • Villager
    • View profile
« Reply #12 on: 21 January 2015, 06:21:36 PM »
The rank thing wouldn't make since to change.. there is never more than one King.. LET'S BECOME A COMMUNIST NATION!!

Offline pizzaninjaz

• Villager
    • View profile
« Reply #13 on: 21 January 2015, 06:28:26 PM »
Yes. The reason I don't like America anymore is because they force you to swear to god to a piece of cloth every morning. America has a horrible history, and kids learn about slaves being killed for not harvesting cotton. They say it is the "Land of the Free" because everyone gets rights.... Sure.... You mean only the wealthy white people? If Mike Brown was a white man who massacred 14 people that exact same day, he would probably be PARDONED just like that man who was considered a 'misunderstood teenager'. Anyways, the USA has a filthy history of destruction, genocide and forced allegiance. America has killed 15 million Native Americans, forcefully removed a couple thousand during the "Andrew Jackson regime", when they went to appeal to the House of Congress, they said nothing could be done so they had to "respect the law of the land". America has also approved of slavery ever since Day 1. Figures say slaves were anywhere from 10-15 million, and all of them were running to Canada to escape slavery because they would be killed. Rights were given 100 YEARS later and blacks were innocently being lynched day by day. When they invaded Iraq, even innocents were killed, even the ones who pledged no allegiance to Saddam Hussein. Our president has killed over 1 million people and put in the highest prison population in the world, yet HE WINS A NOBEL PEACE PRIZE. Also, did you hear about the time America secretly sent $3mil to some Algerian Pirates or else they would declare war? That was $3mil back then in 1805, so it's a lot of money. Now I see why 25% of our country lives in poverty and the government is not the best.

Shame on you, America.

Bruh, thats all the past and the 2nd amendment is awesome #Murica
IHaveTheForce.gif

Offline pizzaninjaz

• Villager
    • View profile
« Reply #14 on: 21 January 2015, 06:37:25 PM »
IHaveTheForce.gif

Offline luisc99

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 60
    • View profile
« Reply #15 on: 21 January 2015, 07:20:43 PM »
And suddenly Die goes missing, totally by coincidence and not at all to do with the NSA.

Although in truth, Britain's not much better than the US.

Offline knitefall

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #16 on: 21 January 2015, 08:07:44 PM »

Shame on you, America.

It's funny how you managed to skip all the good things we've done

Offline JANUARYJONES

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #17 on: 21 January 2015, 08:27:13 PM »
Die, you should keep your tiresome political ranting bullshit to tumblr and toon town, where the rest of the 11 year olds are. Whether you're pretending to be British, Greek, Islamic, Catholic, or whatever you'll be next it's all annoying as shit.

For the love of god. Shut up.

Offline Akomine

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 666
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
« Reply #18 on: 21 January 2015, 08:35:50 PM »
Fuck the haters, preach it Die!

Ako is gay and has superaids - Air

• [FORUM BANNED]
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #19 on: 21 January 2015, 11:10:44 PM »

Shame on you, America.

Bruh, thats all the past and the 2nd amendment is awesome #Murica
. The past doesn't count? So if I go to Iraq and murder 200,000 innocents, it would still be the past. And it's alright then, because it's all the past.

• [FORUM BANNED]
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #20 on: 22 January 2015, 07:11:25 AM »
And suddenly Die goes missing, totally by coincidence and not at all to do with the NSA.

I never mentioned Britain being better in this post, btw I was gone for schoolwork (no time to hop on)

Shame on you, America.

It's funny because the moon landing was faked. What have you done for the world? Please don't say your country is a democracy because it just became one 50 years ago.

"Land of the Free"
-killed 90%+ of Native population
-forcefuly kidnapped 10-15 million slaves from Africa
-has highest prison population in the world
-leader promised free healthcare but is charging ridiculous amounts for it
-tried to mess with the back then, world superpower (GB) trying to take over Canada
-has a series of corrupt presidents, and some assassinated
-forced the surviving Natives to live on a land combined, no greater than 15 counties
-has an equivalent amount of poverty to almost all of the people in Spain
-gave away old English for a new version, seeing the "u" in favourite as useless

And yet, you give $8bil to Pakistan every year, which is why we have so many terrorists. Yes, Pakistan funds terrorism, along with Saudi Arabia.
Stop calling your country the land of the free. They are no longer the greatest superpower and we'll see when China has the biggest economy within the next few years.

Offline Cbddallas

• Staff Member
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #21 on: 22 January 2015, 03:14:41 PM »
"Your" country?  Did you renounce your US citizenship?  Oh... you can't.  Because you're a minor.  And because you still live here.
« Last Edit: 22 January 2015, 03:17:48 PM by Cbddallas »

Offline Airbongo

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 69
  • Eh, what's up, doc?
    • View profile
« Reply #22 on: 22 January 2015, 03:21:12 PM »

I never mentioned Britain being better in this post, btw I was gone for schoolwork (no time to hop on)

Shame on you, America.

It's funny because the moon landing was faked. What have you done for the world? Please don't say your country is a democracy because it just became one 50 years ago.

"Land of the Free"
-tried to mess with the back then, world superpower (GB) trying to take over Canada
-forced the surviving Natives to live on a land combined, no greater than 15 counties
-gave away old English for a new version, seeing the "u" in favourite as useless

And yet, you give $8bil to Pakistan every year, which is why we have so many terrorists. Yes, Pakistan funds terrorism, along with Saudi Arabia.
Stop calling your country the land of the free. They are no longer the greatest superpower and we'll see when China has the biggest economy within the next few years.
Talk shit bout your country all you want but the moon landing was fucking badass and to say it was fake is incredibly stupid.

• [FORUM BANNED]
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #23 on: 22 January 2015, 04:52:27 PM »

Shame on you, America.

"Land of the Free"

Talk shit bout your country all you want but the moon landing was fucking badass and to say it was fake is incredibly stupid.
Well, I'm a conspiracy theorist.. If you hadn't seen by now
"Your" country?  Did you renounce your US citizenship?  Oh... you can't.  Because you're a minor.  And because you still live here.
Sadly, renouncing is not allowed for my age yet, but when I get the first moment I'm getting out of this country

• [FORUM BANNED]
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #24 on: 22 January 2015, 05:18:58 PM »
To wrap this up, I'm going to show you how wicked your early presidents and settlers were, and how some still are. WARNING- Very long, if you don't want to read, please don't. If you didn't read, you have no right to think you know something about this unless if you found out what it is. Some lines may not be suitable.

1. Of the 119 CIA detainees, 26 should not have been apprehended. Among them was Abu Hudhaifa, who was "subjected to ice water baths and 66 hours of standing sleep deprivation" before the CIA discovered that he was probably "not the person he was believed to be."
2. President Bush received his first briefing on enhanced interrogation techniques in 2006, about four years after the program started. According to CIA records, Bush expressed discomfort with an image of a detainee "chained to the ceiling, clothed in a diaper."
3. The CIA used rectal feeding and rectal rehydration on at least five detainees. Even though detainee Majid Khan was cooperating with feedings, for example, the CIA subjected him to "involuntary rectal feeding and rectal hydration" and would puree his lunch tray, which was then "rectally infused."
4. CIA interrogators threatened to harm the family members of at least three detainees. In one case, a detainee was told that his mother's throat would be cut.
5. The CIA apprehended two foreigners working for a "partner government" allied with the agency. They were subjected to sleep deprivation and dietary manipulation. The two detainees were trying to give the CIA information on possible future al-Qaeda attacks. It took them months to get released.
6. Abu Zubaida, the CIA's first detainee, spent 266 hours in a coffin-size confinement box. Zubaida, who was born  Zayn al-Abidin Muhammed Hussein, often "cried, begged, pleaded, and whimpered" and was told that the only way he would leave the facility was in the coffin-shaped box.
7. When Khalid Sheik Mohammed, who was waterboarded 183 times, tried to breathe during the procedure, interrogators held his lips and poured water over his mouth.
8. The Senate committee found a photo of what looked like a well-used waterboarding station at a site where there was no reported use of the technique. The CIA could not explain the presence of the waterboard.
9. Of the at least 26 detainees who were wrongfully held, one was "intellectually challenged." Interrogators taped this detainee crying and used it as leverage against one of his relatives.
10. CIA officers would "strip a detainee naked, shackle him in the standing position for up to 72 hours, and douse [him] repeatedly with cold water."
And that's just what the CIA does, look at this of America's human rights violations.
Harsh Sentencing

The US has the largest reported incarcerated population in the world, and by far the highest rate of imprisonment, holding 2.2 million people in adult prisons or jails as of year-end 2011.

Mass incarceration reflects three decades of harsh state and federal sentencing regimes, including increased use of life and life without parole sentences, high mandatory minimum sentences, and “three strikes” laws. The Sentencing Project reported that one in nine US prisoners are serving a life sentence.

The growing number of elderly prisoners poses a serious challenge to correctional authorities: as of 2011, the latest year for which complete numbers are available, 26,136 persons aged 65 and older were incarcerated in state and federal prisons, up 62 percent in five years.

In a positive step, the US Department of Justice in August announced revisions to its rules for reviewing requests for compassionate release of elderly or disabled prisoners, making more federal inmates eligible for this rarely used mechanism.

Also in August, US Attorney General Eric Holder instructed federal prosecutors to try to avoid charges carrying mandatory minimum sentences for certain low-level, nonviolent drug offenders. Though welcome, this policy change still leaves many drug offenders subject to disproportionately long mandatory sentences. Legislative efforts to grant judges more discretion in such cases are under debate.

In 2013, Maryland joined 17 other states and the District of Columbia in abolishing the death penalty, but 32 states still allow it. At time of writing, 34 people had been executed in the US in 2013. North Carolina repealed its 2009 Racial Justice Act, which allowed death row prisoners to appeal their sentences on the basis of racial discrimination.

Racial Disparities in Criminal Justice

Whites, African Americans, and Latinos have comparable rates of drug use but are arrested, prosecuted, and incarcerated for drug offenses at vastly different rates. For example, African Americans are nearly four times more likely to be arrested for marijuana possession than whites, even though their rates of marijuana use are roughly equivalent. While only 13 percent of the US population, African Americans represent 41 percent of state prisoners, and 44 percent of federal prisoners serving time for drug offenses.

Because they are disproportionately likely to have criminal records, members of racial and ethnic minorities are more likely than whites to experience stigma and legal discrimination in employment, housing, education, public benefits, jury service, and the right to vote.

In August, a federal court found that the “stop and frisk” policy of the New York City Police Department (NYPD) violated the rights of minorities. A disproportionate share of people “stopped and frisked” under the policy are African American or Latino, and the New York Civil Liberties Union reports that 89 percent of those stopped are innocent of any wrongdoing. The NYPD appealed the ruling.

Prison Conditions

September 2013 marked the 10-year anniversary of the passage of the Prison Rape Elimination Act (PREA), which resulted in the development of national standards to detect, prevent, and punish prison rape. Implementation remains a challenge: approximately 4 percent of state and federal prison inmates and 3 percent of jail inmates report having experienced one or more incidents of sexual abuse in 2011-2012, and many incidents continue to go unreported. Transgender prisoners continue to experience high levels of violence in detention.

Many prisoners and jail inmates—including youth under age 18—are held in solitary confinement, often for weeks or months on end. In July, an estimated 30,000 inmates in California’s prison system engaged in a hunger strike to protest conditions, including the use of solitary confinement. Prolonged solitary confinement is considered ill-treatment under international law and can amount to torture.
Poverty and Criminal Justice

Poor defendants across the country languish in pretrial detention because they are too poor to post bail. The most recent data indicates 60 percent of jail inmates—at a cost of $9 billion a year—are confined pending trial, often because they lack the financial resources to secure their release. In 2013, the chief judge of New York supported legislative reforms that would begin to reduce the pretrial incarceration of indigent defendants.

Extremely high court fees and surcharges are also increasingly common, as cash-strapped counties and municipalities often expect their courts to pay for themselves or even tap them as sources of public revenue. The impact on poor defendants is particularly harsh.

Practices that exacerbate and even punish economic hardship are increasingly common. In Arkansas, tenants who fall behind on their rent face criminal prosecution. In states across the US, courts put hundreds of thousands of misdemeanor offenders on probation with private, for-profit companies that charge local authorities nothing for their services but collect tens of millions of dollars in fees each year from the offenders they supervise.

In August, a decade after a group of inmates’ families filed a petition challenging the exorbitant rates charged for interstate jail and prison phone calls, the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) voted to cap the cost of the calls.

Labor Rights

Hundreds of thousands of children work on American farms. The 1938 Fair Labor Standards Act exempts child farmworkers from the minimum age and maximum hour requirements that apply to other working children. As a result, child farmworkers often work 10 or more hours a day and risk pesticide exposure, nicotine poisoning, heat illness, injuries, life-long disabilities, and death. Seventy-five percent of children under 16 who died from work-related injuries in 2012 worked in agriculture. Federal protections that do exist are often not enforced.

Congress has still not closed a legal loophole allowing children to do hazardous work in agriculture starting at age 16; hazardous work is prohibited in all other jobs until age 18.

Millions of US workers, including parents of infants, are harmed by weak or non-existent laws on paid leave, breastfeeding accommodation, and discrimination against workers with family responsibilities. Inadequate leave contributes to delaying babies’ immunizations, postpartum depression, and other health problems, and causes mothers to stop breastfeeding early. In 2013, several federal bills were introduced to improve national work-family policies; Rhode Island joined California and New Jersey in establishing state paid family leave insurance; and several cities adopted paid sick day laws.

In September, the Obama administration issued a regulation ending the exclusion of certain homecare workers from minimum wage and hour protections. These workers, most of whom are women, including many immigrants and minorities, provide essential services to people with disabilities and the elderly.

I am not listing the rest, it is too long for me to post on here.

Finally, this article from Huffington Post
It takes a lot of gall for people like Dick Cheney to utter even one critical word about President Obama's strategy to eliminate the threat of ISIL in the Middle East.

In fact, it was the unnecessary Bush/Cheney Iraq War that created the conditions that led directly to the rise of the "Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant" (ISIL).

Former George H.W. Bush Secretary of State James Baker said as much on this week's edition of "Meet the Press." He noted that after the first President Bush had ousted Saddam Hussein from Kuwait in 1991, the U.S. had refrained from marching on Baghdad precisely to avoid kicking over the sectarian hornet's nest that was subsequently unleashed by the Bush/Cheney attack on Iraq in 2003.

But it wasn't just the War in Iraq itself that set the stage for the subsequent 12 years of renewed, high-intensity sectarian strife between Sunni's and Shiites in the Middle East. It was also what came after.

Bush's "de-Baathification program" eliminated all vestiges of Sunni power in Iraqi society and set the stage for the Sunni insurrection against American occupation and the new Shiite-led government. Bush disbanded the entire Sunni-dominated Iraqi Army and bureaucracy. He didn't change it. He didn't make it more inclusive of Shiites and Kurds. He just disbanded it. It is no accident that two of the top commanders of today's ISIL are former commanders in the Saddam-era Iraqi military.

General Petraeus took steps to reverse these policies with his "Sunni Awakening" programs that engaged the Sunni tribes against what was then known as Al Qaeda in Iraq. But the progress he made ultimately collapsed because the Bush/Cheney regime helped install Nouri Al-Maliki as Prime Minister who systematically disenfranchised Sunnis throughout Iraq.

And that's not all. The War in Iraq -- which had nothing whatsoever to do with "terrorism" when it was launched -- created massive numbers of terrorists that otherwise would not have dreamed of joining extremist organizations. It did so by killing massive numbers of Iraqis, creating hundreds of thousands of refugees, imprisoning thousands, and convincing many residents of the Middle East that the terrorist narrative was correct: that the U.S. and the West were really about taking Muslim lands.

And after all, contrary to Dick Cheney's absurd assertion that U.S. forces would be greeted in Iraq as "liberators," no one likes a foreign nation to occupy their country.

The War did more than any propagandist could possibly do to radicalize vulnerable young people. And by setting off wave after wave of sectarian slaughter it created blood feuds that will never be forgiven.

The Iraq War -- and the Sunni power vacuum caused first by U.S. policies and then Al Maliki -- created the perfect conditions that allowed a vicious band of extremists to take huge swaths of territory.

And now many of the same people who caused this foreign policy disaster have the audacity to criticize President Obama's measured efforts to clean up the mess they created. And they do so often without ever saying what they themselves would do to solve the horrific problems that they created.

It reminds you of a bunch of arsonists standing at the scene of a fire criticizing the techniques used by the firefighters who are trying to extinguish the blaze they themselves have set.

Oh, they say: "If you had just left a residual force after the withdrawal of U.S. troops everything would be hunky dory."

Do they really think that several thousand U.S. troops would have solved Iraq's problems when hundreds of thousands failed to do so?

And of course they conveniently forget to mention that neither the Iraqi's nor the U.S. voters wanted a "residual" force to remain in Iraq. And they forget that the Iraqi government would not agree to conditions that would allow a "residual" force to be stationed in Iraq.

Or perhaps they wish U.S. troops were now going door to door in Iraq cities rooting out adherents to ISIL? Only a few neo-con die-hards want more U.S. troops on the ground in the Middle East.

Or then there is the refrain that President Obama should have helped "arm" the moderate Syrian opposition earlier. Let's remember that had he acted at an earlier point it is entirely likely that many of those arms would now be in ISIL hands -- and we must be extremely careful even now to avoid precisely that problem in the days ahead.

The president's response to ISIL is supported by almost two-thirds of Americans because it seems to be the only reasonable response where the cure is not worse than the disease.

It recognizes that the problem posed by ISIL must first and foremost be dealt with by other Sunni's in the region. It is aimed at building an international coalition to degrade and ultimately destroy the ability of this vicious organization to threaten people in the Middle East or elsewhere. And it relies on American airpower to bolster the abilities of other Sunni forces to accomplish this goal.

But most Americans also realize this will not be easy -- and they're right. It won't be easy to clean up the horrific mess created by the Bush/Cheney policies in the Middle East.

Frankly, I don't think that any of the architects of the Iraq War should ever be invited on TV to say one word about foreign policy -- and especially the Middle East. They have zero credibility to comment. They have been wrong over and over again and created the conditions that spawned the problems we face today.

But if they are invited to act as "talking heads," interviewers must at least have the common decency to point out their failed track record -- and to demand that they do more than criticize the president's efforts to clean up their mistakes. They must also be required to tell us exactly what they would do to fix it.

And if any of them actually do propose a course of action, you can pretty much be sure that based on their past track records, that course of action is wrong.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

More posted on a seperate post.

• [FORUM BANNED]
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #25 on: 22 January 2015, 05:19:55 PM »
Had to continue, but this is one about genocide and total involvement apart from Natives.

The causes of wars are complex. In some instances nations other than the U.S. may have been responsible for more deaths, but if the involvement of our nation appeared to have been a necessary cause of a war or conflict it was considered responsible for the deaths in it. In other words they probably would not have taken place if the U.S. had not used the heavy hand of its power. The military and economic power of the United States was crucial.

This study reveals that U.S. military forces were directly responsible for about 10 to 15 million deaths during the Korean and Vietnam Wars and the two Iraq Wars. The Korean War also includes Chinese deaths while the Vietnam War also includes fatalities in Cambodia and Laos.
The American public probably is not aware of these numbers and knows even less about the proxy wars for which the United States is also responsible. In the latter wars there were between nine and 14 million deaths in Afghanistan, Angola, Democratic Republic of the Congo, East Timor, Guatemala, Indonesia, Pakistan and Sudan.

The U.S. is responsible for between 1 and 1.8 million deaths during the war between the Soviet Union and Afghanistan, by luring the Soviet Union into invading that nation.

An indigenous armed struggle against Portuguese rule in Angola began in 1961. In 1977 an Angolan government was recognized by the U.N., although the U.S. was one of the few nations that opposed this action. In 1986 Uncle Sam approved material assistance to UNITA, a group that was trying to overthrow the government. Even today this struggle, which has involved many nations at times, continues.

U.S. intervention was justified to the U.S. public as a reaction to the intervention of 50,000 Cuban troops in Angola. However, according to Piero Gleijeses, a history professor at Johns Hopkins University the reverse was true. The Cuban intervention came as a result of a CIA - financed covert invasion via neighboring Zaire and a drive on the Angolan capital by the U.S. ally, South Africa1,2,3). (Three estimates of deaths range from 300,000 to 750,000

Immense damage was done to the villages and cities of Cambodia, causing refugees and internal displacement of the population. This unstable situation enabled the Khmer Rouge, a small political party led by Pol Pot, to assume power. Over the years we have repeatedly heard about the Khmer Rouge's role in the deaths of millions in Cambodia without any acknowledgement being made this mass killing was made possible by the the U.S. bombing of that nation which destabilized it by death , injuries, hunger and dislocation of its people.

So the U.S. bears responsibility not only for the deaths from the bombings but also for those resulting from the activities of the Khmer Rouge - a total of about 2.5 million people. Even when Vietnam latrer invaded Cambodia in 1979 the CIA was still supporting the Khmer Rouge.

An estimated 40,000 people in Chad were killed and as many as 200,000 tortured by a government, headed by Hissen Habre who was brought to power in June, 1982 with the help of CIA money and arms. He remained in power for eight years. (1,2)

In December 1975, Indonesia invaded East Timor. This incursion was launched the day after U.S. President Gerald Ford and Secretary of State Henry Kissinger had left Indonesia where they had given President Suharto permission to use American arms, which under U.S. law, could not be used for aggression. Daniel Moynihan, U.S. ambassador to the UN. said that the U.S. wanted "things to turn out as they did." (1,2) The result was an estimated 200,000 dead out of a population of 700,000. (1,2)

Sixteen years later, on November 12, 1991, two hundred and seventeen East Timorese protesters in Dili, many of them children, marching from a memorial service, were gunned down by Indonesian Kopassus shock troops who were headed by U.S.- trained commanders Prabowo Subianto (son in law of General Suharto) and Kiki Syahnakri. Trucks were seen dumping bodies into the sea

In 1999 the Washington Post reported that an Historical Clarification Commission concluded that over 200,000 people had been killed during the civil war and that there had been 42,000 individual human rights violations, 29,000 of them fatal, 92% of which were committed by the army. The commission further reported that the U.S. government and the CIA had pressured the Guatemalan government into suppressing the guerilla movement by ruthless means. (4,5)

According to the Commission between 1981 and 1983 the military government of Guatemala - financed and supported by the U.S. government - destroyed some four hundred Mayan villages in a campaign of genocide. (4)

One of the documents made available to the commission was a 1966 memo from a U.S. State Department official, which described how a "safe house" was set up in the palace for use by Guatemalan security agents and their U.S. contacts. This was the headquarters for the Guatemalan "dirty war" against leftist insurgents and suspected allies.

There are many more, going down the list you can see more hideous crimes, but this is the final example.

Over one million Iraqis have met violent deaths as a result of the 2003 invasion, according to a study conducted by the prestigious British polling group, Opinion Research Business (ORB). These numbers suggest that the invasion and occupation of Iraq rivals the mass killings of the last century—the human toll exceeds the 800,000 to 900,000 believed killed in the Rwandan genocide in 1994, and is approaching the number (1.7 million) who died in Cambodia’s infamous “Killing Fields” during the Khmer Rouge era of the 1970s.

ORB’s research covered fifteen of Iraq’s eighteen provinces. Those not covered include two of Iraq’s more volatile regions—Kerbala and Anbar—and the northern province of Arbil, where local authorities refused them a permit to work. In face-to-face interviews with 2,414 adults, the poll found that more than one in five respondents had had at least one death in their household as a result of the conflict, as opposed to natural cause.

Authors Joshua Holland and Michael Schwartz point out that the dominant narrative on Iraq—that most of the violence against Iraqis is being perpetrated by Iraqis themselves and is not our responsibility—is ill conceived. Interviewers from the Lancet report of October 2006 (Censored 2006, #2) asked Iraqi respondents how their loved ones died. Of deaths for which families were certain of the perpetrator, 56 percent were attributable to US forces or their allies. Schwartz suggests that if a low pro rata share of half the unattributed deaths were caused by US forces, a total of approximately 80 percent of Iraqi deaths are directly US perpetrated.

Even with the lower confirmed figures, by the end of 2006, an average of 5,000 Iraqis had been killed every month by US forces since the beginning of the occupation. However, the rate of fatalities in 2006 was twice as high as the overall average, meaning that the American average in 2006 was well over 10,000 per month, or over 300 Iraqis every day. With the surge that began in 2007, the current figure is likely even higher.

Schwartz points out that the logic to this carnage lies in a statistic released by the US military and reported by the Brookings Institute: for the first four years of the occupation the American military sent over 1,000 patrols each day into hostile neighborhoods, looking to capture or kill “insurgents” and “terrorists.” (Since February 2007, the number has increased to nearly 5,000 patrols a day, if we include the Iraqi troops participating in the American surge.) Each patrol invades an average of thirty Iraqi homes a day, with the mission to interrogate, arrest, or kill suspects. In this context, any fighting age man is not just a suspect, but a potentially lethal adversary. Our soldiers are told not to take any chances (see Story #9).

According to US military statistics, again reported by the Brookings Institute, these patrols currently result in just under 3,000 firefights every month, or just under an average of one hundred per day (not counting the additional twenty-five or so involving our Iraqi allies). Thousands of patrols result in thousands of innocent Iraqi deaths and unconscionably brutal detentions.

Iraqis’ attempts to escape the violence have resulted in a refugee crisis of mammoth proportion. According to the United Nations Refugee Agency and the International Organization for Migration, in 2007 almost 5 million Iraqis had been displaced by violence in their country, the vast majority of which had fled since 2003. Over 2.4 million vacated their homes for safer areas within Iraq, up to 1.5 million were living in Syria, and over 1 million refugees were inhabiting Jordan, Iran, Egypt, Lebanon, Turkey, and Gulf States. Iraq’s refugees, increasing by an average of almost 100,000 every month, have no legal work options in most host states and provinces and are increasingly desperate.1

Yet more Iraqis continue to flee their homes than the numbers returning, despite official claims to the contrary. Thousands fleeing say security is as bad as ever, and that to return would be to accept death. Most of those who return are subsequently displaced again.

Maki al-Nazzal and Dahr Jamail quote an Iraqi engineer now working at a restaurant in Damascus, “Return to Iraq? There is no Iraq to return to, my friend. Iraq only exists in our dreams and memories.”

Alright, that's enough. If you aren't convinced yet, ask me in PM.

Offline Cbddallas

• Staff Member
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #26 on: 22 January 2015, 05:48:02 PM »
This is so far off topic it may as well BE in Greece. 

Offline JANUARYJONES

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #27 on: 22 January 2015, 06:00:05 PM »

Offline Akomine

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 666
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
« Reply #28 on: 22 January 2015, 08:58:47 PM »
-There is an overwhelming amount of evidence that the moon landings were real.

-It is my opinion that the US Constitution provides for freedom of speech and thus freedom of association. It is my opinion that Die has the right to associate or disassociate with the US regardless of her age. It is my opinion that she should think very hard on this sort of thing for quite a few years.

-I like that Die is a thinker.

-I refuse to read those monstrous walls of text.

-I like cheese.

This is so far off topic it may as well BE in Greece. 

Lmao

Ako is gay and has superaids - Air

Offline TheCatsMangler

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #29 on: 23 January 2015, 12:11:36 PM »
tl;dr

Offline knitefall

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #30 on: 23 January 2015, 05:02:15 PM »
Skipped over the wall of text assuming its all Illuminati type bullshit