4 (33.3%)
Do not expand anymore - 0 blocks per month
1 (8.3%)
Shrink at the same rate - -50 blocks radius per month
0 (0%)
Remove the world border - ∞ blocks per month
2 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Author Topic: VCV Poll - World Border  (Read 3506 times)

Offline luisc99 (OP)

• Staff Member | Administrator
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 60
    • View profile
VCV Poll - World Border
« on: 3 March 2015, 02:38:33 PM »
Ages ago when I reset VCV, we added a world border to the server to make the server more interesting. I set it to expand by 600 blocks in 6 months, from 500 wide to 1100 wide. At this rate, it expanded by 50 blocks in radius every month. However, the time has come for the border to finish its slow voyage outwards, and has come to a standstill. Back in this thread I said "After the 6 months, we would ask you if you wanted to keep the border expanding, or if you want it to stay still." So here you go. First, some facts:

> The end is still unavailable. 3 blocks of the stronghold is unlocked, but where the portal is within the stronghold is still unknown.
> 2 villages have been unlocked.
> Multiple fortresses exist.
> A variety of biomes exist.
> A desert temple and village are within viewing distance, but still behind the border.
> Abandoned mineshafts, and spawners of all kinds exist.
> Ocean monuments would take many months to spawn :P.

That's the facts. Vote / discuss.

Offline Noket

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 20
    • View profile
Re: VCV Poll - World Border
« Reply #1 on: 3 March 2015, 02:45:32 PM »
SHRINK AT 3x THE RATE  :D :D :D :D :D :D

in all srsness tho, I'm down for expanding, but I think it should expand more slowly.

Offline luisc99 (OP)

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #2 on: 25 March 2015, 05:20:00 PM »
The most common vote was half the speed, so I've made it go at half the speed. Enjoy the expansion!

(If you're interested, it'll expand 300 blocks in 15,768,000 seconds, starting at 1427318186 unix time. I know people can't seem to fathom time zones, so that's the best universal time reference you're getting :P)

Offline DoggyStomper

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 0
  • I'm a ninja, you can't see me.
    • View profile
« Reply #3 on: 25 March 2015, 06:30:44 PM »
The most common vote was half the speed, so I've made it go at half the speed. Enjoy the expansion!

(If you're interested, it'll expand 300 blocks in 15,768,000 seconds, starting at 1427318186 unix time. I know people can't seem to fathom time zones, so that's the best universal time reference you're getting :P)
Omg. Use London time. Don't be a nerd and make people google what unix time is.
my heart broken and none of you care

Lividup64

« Reply #4 on: 25 March 2015, 06:37:38 PM »
London time is the only time. We are at the centre of the Earth! Well, ever since we put the timey liney thing there... (We're really not at the centre of the Earth).

Offline luisc99 (OP)

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #5 on: 25 March 2015, 07:22:32 PM »

Omg. Use London time. Don't be a nerd and make people google what unix time is.
I would, but then there's people like Noket who have no idea what time zone they're in :P
I think it was something like 21:16:26 though. That's off the top of my head though :)

Offline Akomine

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 666
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
« Reply #6 on: 26 March 2015, 02:34:28 PM »
4 people voted for 25, but 5 people voted for faster than that. I don't know if this is the type of vote you should be going with a plurality (but, like, whatever lol).

And I have absolutely no fucking idea what unix time is and have never heard of it.

Ako is gay and has superaids - Air