Poll

If you could lock your account with a password, would you?

Yes
7 (41.2%)
No
10 (58.8%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Voting closed: 12 March 2015, 05:27:33 PM

Author Topic: Account Lock Plugin  (Read 3118 times)

Offline Noket (OP)

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 20
    • View profile
Account Lock Plugin
« on: 5 March 2015, 04:27:33 PM »
I was considering developing a plugin which allows you to lock your player.

This would be OPTIONAL.

Basically, every time you log in, you would have to input a password (NOT your mojang/minecraft password). Until you input your password, you cannot see, move, or interact in any way shape or form. Literally all you can do is talk (in case the plugin bugs out somehow and you need staff help).

We would not be able to see or access your passwords. Yes, the passwords will be saved to a database, however they will be obfuscated and entirely random. If the server were to restart, the obfuscated passwords stored in the database would look entirely different because they were re-obfuscated. Again, we cannot see what the passwords are.

If you think this plugin would be helpful (or not), please post below with an explanation. If there's no interest in it, I won't code it.

Offline tenretni

• Auxiliary Staff
  • Villager
  • Llamas: 0
    • View profile
Re: Account Lock Plugin
« Reply #1 on: 6 March 2015, 09:09:33 AM »
Tbh, this would make it feel a little like a cracked server. Since that is the way many of them operate to keep players under the same username. I don't know if there is something else spurring this idea on, but without knowing that I would have to say no. But I guess it is optional :P

Offline TheCatsMangler

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: -3
    • View profile
« Reply #2 on: 6 March 2015, 12:07:34 PM »
This is a good idea, in my opinion, because some people, (I take Die_enderman as a example) who have people who may have access to their account, in her case, her brother. So if you could lock an account, then there is no real excuse to someone cracked your account or used your account.

But I agree with ten also, makes it seem like a cracked server : P
Optional, yes.

Offline Airbongo

• Staff Member | Administrator
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 69
  • Eh, what's up, doc?
    • View profile
« Reply #3 on: 6 March 2015, 02:29:04 PM »
I don't think you need to develop this, I used a plugin like this a couple years ago for a prison server I made, not sure if there are updated versions of something similar, but probably. I don't really like it, typing a pass whenever you log in is kind of annoying.

Offline OctoGamer

• Staff Member | Forum Mod
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 22
  • #vc4lyfe
    • View profile
« Reply #4 on: 6 March 2015, 05:27:25 PM »
I don't really like it, typing a pass whenever you log in is kind of annoying.
Its optional I think

Offline Noket (OP)

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 20
    • View profile
« Reply #5 on: 9 March 2015, 12:07:47 PM »
This is a good idea, in my opinion, because some people, (I take Die_enderman as a example) who have people who may have access to their account, in her case, her brother. So if you could lock an account, then there is no real excuse to someone cracked your account or used your account.

This is actually the direct inspiration for it. There would still be player validation (it's still not a cracked server), and it would allow players to prevent their brothers/sisters from hopping on VC and griefing

I don't really like it, typing a pass whenever you log in is kind of annoying.
Its optional I think

Again, yes, it would be optional.

Offline Snickers

• Member of Parliament
  • New Villager
  • Llamas: 0
    • View profile
« Reply #6 on: 18 March 2015, 08:00:00 PM »
I probably wouldn't use it, but I think it's a good idea. It would help prevent griefs of siblings/people that have access to your computer and it would help if someone were to get hacked and the hacker tried to go onto the server. As long as it's optional, I say go for it.