Author Topic: How Bad Are The Bugs In Windows 10?  (Read 17509 times)

Offline luisc99

• Staff Member | Administrator
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 60
    • View profile
Re: How Bad Are The Bugs In Windows 10?
« Reply #31 on: 25 October 2015, 11:41:43 AM »
That link said it had a micro HDMI port, therefore you can use something like this (but obviously from a US store so it gets there before 2020) to connect it to the TV. :)

According to this article, downloading the Google Chrome browser and installing the Google Cast plugin/addon you should be able to stream your entire display to a chromecast TV. You said something wouldn't install on Win10 though, but I couldn't work if you meant the browser or the app. As far as I can tell, you don't need the app. I can't test it myself though, as I have nether Windows 10 nor a chromecast. Sorry.

bob131573

« Reply #32 on: 25 October 2015, 12:45:55 PM »
Ah, i thought you meant those old big plugs with the screws. Anyway, this is nice but it connects your browser, not anything else. this will be useful though. It connects to Google Chrome and casts whats on that screen, but you can't use other applications like Minecraft or other games.
« Last Edit: 25 October 2015, 12:49:17 PM by bob131573 »

Offline luisc99

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 60
    • View profile
« Reply #33 on: 25 October 2015, 03:03:56 PM »
Ah, i thought you meant those old big plugs with the screws. Anyway, this is nice but it connects your browser, not anything else. this will be useful though. It connects to Google Chrome and casts whats on that screen, but you can't use other applications like Minecraft or other games.

"Cast Entire Screen (experimental)" ?

Offline Akomine

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 666
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
« Reply #34 on: 25 October 2015, 03:05:33 PM »
-You can toggle airplane mode on and off to reset your wifi. This is actually faster than typing in any code or restarting (Even though W10 restarts at lightning speed).
-You can also easily toggle your network adapter off and on, but I don't think you'll need to because airplane mode should be quicker.

-Like Luis said, with that HDMI port you can connect to any modern TV. I have a small ASUS laptop and I can do it.

-I have no idea what chromecast is, but Windows10 has a pretty comprehensive compatibility mode (or so I've heard) if you want to try running it in 8.1 compatibility mode, usually accessible by right clicking the program and messing around in preferences.

Ako is gay and has superaids - Air

bob131573

« Reply #35 on: 25 October 2015, 03:19:55 PM »
-You can toggle airplane mode on and off to reset your wifi. This is actually faster than typing in any code or restarting (Even though W10 restarts at lightning speed).
-You can also easily toggle your network adapter off and on, but I don't think you'll need to because airplane mode should be quicker.

-Like Luis said, with that HDMI port you can connect to any modern TV. I have a small ASUS laptop and I can do it.

-I have no idea what chromecast is, but Windows10 has a pretty comprehensive compatibility mode (or so I've heard) if you want to try running it in 8.1 compatibility mode, usually accessible by right clicking the program and messing around in preferences.
Alright, i'll, use these.
Chromcast is a wireless display device like Amazon Firestick. You plug it in to your HDMI port and it connects wirelessly to your computer/phone/tablet ect. with the adapter/app. It's actually a really innovative idea.
https://www.google.com/intl/en_us/chromecast/tv/#?discover
Thanks for the info!

"Cast Entire Screen (experimental)" ?
You can cast entire screens with Android devices and with google chrome but it doesn't cast windows screens i guess.
Edit:
Luis gave me the link again and i looked into it. He fixed it with his tech-magic.

Tvm, Tikko
« Last Edit: 25 October 2015, 04:25:01 PM by bob131573 »