Author Topic: Add MCMMO  (Read 2929 times)

fireboy50

Add MCMMO
« on: 7 February 2016, 07:30:00 AM »
Mcmmo is a plugin that allows players to "train" in skills such as mining, fishing, fighting etc. to gain abilities such as fast mining, a bleed effect and tree feller. I think it would be a really cool ad on to this already cool server.

I Love Mcmmo and would Love if it could be added 8)

(I know this isn't in the Parliament | Suggestions page but I couldn't figure out how to post something there)

Offline Hogz

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 0
    • View profile
Re: Add MCMMO
« Reply #1 on: 7 February 2016, 08:18:08 AM »
MCMMO was added a long time ago, was removed for reasons I dont not know (I wasn't on VC at the time) and this has been suggested before just rejected each time. Sorry.
"ye boiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii" - JFK

John Coffey: I'm tired, boss. Tired of being on the road, lonely as a sparrow in the rain. I'm tired of never having a buddy to be with, to tell me where we's going to, coming from or why. Mostly, I'm tired of people being ugly to each other. I'm tired of all the pain I feel and hear in the world every day. There's too much of it. It's like pieces of glass in my head, all the time... Can you understand?" - The Green Mile

Offline Akomine

• Staff Member | Administrator
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 666
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
« Reply #2 on: 7 February 2016, 01:38:56 PM »
It was extremely laggy and allowed for untrackable grief with certain skills even in areas where you shouldn't be able to destroy blocks.

It would take a lot of convincing to revisit this horribly coded plugin. It would need some profession input by our lovely devs

Ako is gay and has superaids - Air

fireboy50

« Reply #3 on: 7 February 2016, 04:44:36 PM »
Awwwwww :'(  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
PLEASE DEVS PLEASE!

EnderEssence

« Reply #4 on: 7 February 2016, 06:07:50 PM »
They're most likely not going to. From what I heard, they implemented it in the past and it was very buggy.

Offline Noket

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 20
    • View profile
« Reply #5 on: 8 February 2016, 08:43:50 PM »
Awwwwww :'(  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
PLEASE DEVS PLEASE!

In theory, it's possible.

But, there are some serious hangups. The plugin actually cancels most events and calls fake ones. Why? Who knows. This causes problems for most plugins, which depend on events behaving properly. The plugin would need to be modified to actually play well with other plugins (recognize the existence of worldguard, vault, worldedit, etc). This would require creating an abstraction layer on top of McMMO, tracking the events it throws, modifying the code to not cancel events anymore (assuming their methods aren't declared final) .. I mean .. there's so much work that would have to be done, it's on the end of my priorities list.

So .. tl;dr .. it's not going to happen, unless we somehow start seeing 300 players at a time and can attract some halfway decent java devs to share the workload.