Author Topic: Illegal Claiming  (Read 8158 times)

Offline Asuna (OP)

• Member of Parliament
  • New Villager
  • Llamas: 0
    • View profile
Illegal Claiming
« on: 3 June 2016, 09:23:58 PM »
Hello People,

I, OtakuXKami, or better known as Queen_Asuna, have but two issues.

1. When logging on I discover Headopolis and Bokington have been illegally claimed by OctoGamer and LividUp64, prior of which has been sold to the latter owner.
Accused player(s): OctoGamer & LividUp64
Accused of: Illegal claiming and looting
Player(s) effected: OtakuXKami
Time occurred: N/A
Brief summary of what happened:
I had logged on several times throughout the previous year to avoid offline status and claiming of villages which both belonged to myself and I was a member of. I had received a request to keep Headopolis active as Ajc610 has no mobile phone and working laptop at the moment. When addressing Livid over this topic, he simply said he was discussing the topic with Octo. They had come with the solution to sell the village back to me, I reluctantly agreed at the cost of my entire balance. The problem is the village was ransacked.
In the case of Bokington, Octo had sold it to Livid and was unwilling to share the proceeds or consider a solution. I believe in both cases I was refused a fair say and abuse of power of in play.
Another problem that has occurred several times is the situation was claiming villages. I keep asking staff if I can bother them to claim villages but immediately they log off or ignore me. The villages were the before mentioned Headopolis and Bioville.
I value this server very much, it was my first server and has kept a place in my heart for the last 2 years, but to my horror it has decayed. I hope these situations don't continue.
Thank you for listening and hope a fair and just solution is found. :D

Offline Akomine

• Staff Member | Administrator
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 666
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
Re: Illegal Claiming
« Reply #1 on: 3 June 2016, 09:25:54 PM »

Ako is gay and has superaids - Air

Lividup64

« Reply #2 on: 3 June 2016, 09:39:45 PM »
Ajc had gone inactive and octo said that he wanted to claim it and asked me because he said members have dibs. So he and   I claimed the village. I took somega heads and he took the staff heads. When you brought this up octo and I discussedon't how to sell it back. I do not see how the village claiming was illegal.

Offline OctoGamer

• Staff Member | Forum Mod
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 22
  • #vc4lyfe
    • View profile
« Reply #3 on: 3 June 2016, 09:43:30 PM »
Asuna added me as an owner of bokington a long time ago, I didn't claim it. Although I did add die as owner who probably added livid, I had no clue livid was owner.

Headopolis was owned only by AJC, livid was a member of it so he claimed it for 200k, I checked the list of players we don't fuck with and AJC was not on that list.

I don't really see anything done wrong. Unless I'm missing something?

Offline OctoGamer

• Cheese
  • #vc4lyfe
    • View profile
« Reply #4 on: 3 June 2016, 09:46:08 PM »
shit i did the image wrong click the link.

http://prntscr.com/bc3ubc

Offline Airbongo

• Staff Member | Administrator
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 69
  • Eh, what's up, doc?
    • View profile
« Reply #5 on: 3 June 2016, 10:17:32 PM »
PM me which villages you want to claim and I'll take a look.

Offline Asuna (OP)

• Member of Parliament
  • New Villager
    • View profile
« Reply #6 on: 4 June 2016, 12:33:27 AM »
Excuse me,

When I logged in I no longer had any power in bokington which I did give octo ownership as well but that does not allow him to sell it and divide it his way and sell it without my say.

Offline Ajc610

• Villager
    • View profile
« Reply #7 on: 4 June 2016, 04:31:46 AM »
I cant believe I got a call about this I said to otaku when I started going offline that they could have the Headopolis the fact my village was looted of its heads kinda defeated the whole point of giving the village since I told Otaku outside of the game I can imagine the confusion but basically if livid gets his 200k back and the heads are restored there shouldn't be a problem also livid was added for a brief period in which to remove some blocks of his I stopped playing before removing him so he was never a actual resident of the town.

Offline Ajc610

• Villager
    • View profile
« Reply #8 on: 4 June 2016, 04:37:47 AM »

Offline OctoGamer

• Cheese
  • #vc4lyfe
    • View profile
« Reply #9 on: 4 June 2016, 09:06:04 AM »
Excuse me,

When I logged in I no longer had any power in bokington which I did give octo ownership as well but that does not allow him to sell it and divide it his way and sell it without my say.
Excuse me,

but you still have power in bokington asuna.  you're still an owner. I'd also like to point out I did not sell it to livid and he is only a member.

I cant believe I got a call about this I said to otaku when I started going offline that they could have the Headopolis the fact my village was looted of its heads kinda defeated the whole point of giving the village since I told Otaku outside of the game I can imagine the confusion but basically if livid gets his 200k back and the heads are restored there shouldn't be a problem also livid was added for a brief period in which to remove some blocks of his I stopped playing before removing him so he was never a actual resident of the town.
Livid was still a member, I still don't see how him claiming the town and adding me when you were inactive was illegal.

Offline Ajc610

• Villager
    • View profile
« Reply #10 on: 4 June 2016, 10:01:29 AM »
Livid was still a member, I still don't see how him claiming the town and adding me when you were inactive was illegal.
[/quote]
The main problem is that id said that Otaku could have the village months ago but my word was ignored/Not heard and it ended with loss of a promised village and greifing of what is technically Otakus land i'm aware that there would have been problems since the agreement was made outside of the game but the fact of the matter is as follows. Livid "stole" (using this word because I can't think of a better one at the current time) Headopolis from Otaku and then griefed the area by taking what are her belongings since I bequeathed it to her when I went inactive as I have stated earlier this agreement was made outside the game so it was only known to me and otaku I assumed that otaku would inform a member of staff to make if offical i'm only back here because I got a call about it asking me to come solve this issue if you want to discuss more or if ive missed something ill check the forums daily for a reply in addition before I left wasnt there something like this that you did before I left regarding Tehroachs old village? and when another member of staff gets to reading this maybe you could weigh in on it it'll probably be Air or Ako that reads this so if you can please get back to me on it

Lividup64

« Reply #11 on: 4 June 2016, 10:40:35 AM »
I had mentioned to you that Octo had taken the staff heads and that I took a few player heads which is why Octo and I agreed upon ~180k because we took into consideration the devaluing which had occurred as I originally claimed it for 400k. Therefore, I do not understand why you are saying that 'to your horror you found it ransacked,' I told you that a few items were missing. Furthermore, no illegal action was taken as per the server rules:

VILLAGE MEMBERSHIP
1. Village owners can add and remove members at will.
2. Should there be no active owners of a village:
    - Any active members may determine how to fill the vacancy.

According to those rules, if you wanted to have kept the village for AJ you should've claimed it which would've been within your right.

Offline OctoGamer

• Cheese
  • #vc4lyfe
    • View profile
« Reply #12 on: 4 June 2016, 10:43:52 AM »
yea ill correct myself from eariler, it was 400k not 200k that livid paid my bad.

Offline Asuna (OP)

• Member of Parliament
  • New Villager
    • View profile
« Reply #13 on: 4 June 2016, 10:17:54 PM »
If that is so, how come when I logged on I was made aware that bokington was owned by another and Octo had sold it for 1 milllion dollars. I had tried to claim headopolos but no staff were online at the time and when 1 was online they would ignore my request or log off including Octo himself.

Offline OctoGamer

• Cheese
  • #vc4lyfe
    • View profile
« Reply #14 on: 4 June 2016, 10:26:46 PM »
you never asked me to claim it. I have not even seen you on the server in months.

Bokington farms were both of ours, I sold die my part ownership of the farms, i guess she didnt know you were still supposed to use them, i let her know that so you should be added to them if your not already I don't even go to bokington anymore.

Offline Asuna (OP)

• Member of Parliament
  • New Villager
    • View profile
« Reply #15 on: 4 June 2016, 10:32:04 PM »
I had tried to ask to claim since the day Aj went offline. I have tried several times so far.

Thank you understanding bokington issues but not just the farms were shared . The whole village was so please inform that as well. Thank you for acting civilly.

Offline OctoGamer

• Cheese
  • #vc4lyfe
    • View profile
« Reply #16 on: 4 June 2016, 10:36:28 PM »
I had tried to ask to claim since the day Aj went offline. I have tried several times so far.

Thank you understanding bokington issues but not just the farms were shared . The whole village was so please inform that as well. Thank you for acting civilly.
i know the ville was shared, i only mentioned farms because im pretty sure thats all die touched. it got greifed once thats why it works a bit differently, i had to repair it.

Offline Asuna (OP)

• Member of Parliament
  • New Villager
    • View profile
« Reply #17 on: 4 June 2016, 10:42:32 PM »
Thats okay as long as it works. Thank you for understanding. You haven't changed that much.

Offline Ajc610

• Villager
    • View profile
« Reply #18 on: 5 June 2016, 12:48:48 AM »
Thats okay as long as it works. Thank you for understanding. You haven't changed that much.
Am I still needed or are all the problems resolved I know this is just talking about bokington so where does headopolis stand atm? if needed ill be checking again this page tomorrow

Offline Asuna (OP)

• Member of Parliament
  • New Villager
    • View profile
« Reply #19 on: 5 June 2016, 01:22:03 AM »
Nah, headopolis isnt solved yet.

Lividup64

« Reply #20 on: 5 June 2016, 05:45:08 AM »
Nah, headopolis isnt solved yet.

Yes it is... Headopolis is back in your possession, I provided proof that no illegal action was taken and your claim that the village was given to you in an agreement made outside of game can't be proved and for it could've it should've been brought to attention sooner. Furthermore, youcouldn't have claimed it since the day as left the server considering there is a two month limit.

Offline Asuna (OP)

• Member of Parliament
  • New Villager
    • View profile
« Reply #21 on: 5 June 2016, 08:54:40 AM »
I had waited for that 2 month limit before requesting.

Offline Asuna (OP)

• Member of Parliament
  • New Villager
    • View profile
« Reply #22 on: 5 June 2016, 09:03:19 AM »
This quoted from the server rules;

- Builds that have been abandoned for 2 months or more are considered free game, and anyone may claim or destroy them without fear of it being considered grief.
- Small, insignificant block placements in the Outlands can be salvaged at any time, such as dirt towers/bridges or blocks used for climbing.
- If nobody is going to complain, it's abandoned, and you've made sure of this, then it's probably okay to salvage. If unsure, ask staff.

The first point was valid for this situation but the third was not taken into account. There was a party affected and may complain. Me. Even if the agreement was offline, I was still and active member which meant i still had a say in the matter of the village even after the owner had left.

Offline Ajc610

• Villager
    • View profile
« Reply #23 on: 5 June 2016, 09:03:33 AM »
My only problem with the whole thing was that while you were according to the region a member it was only for you to remove some blocks you placed previously inside the outlands that had become part of headopolis due to expansions I added you so that they could be removed then forgot to remove you afterwards if that makes you a member of the village then fine but the whole reason of that village was to display player heads through the years and the fact they have apparently been removed kinda makes the whole village pointless doesnt it? if the heads are restored and noone touches any of the stuff then it could become like all the other villages noone can claim but are abandoned like metropolis that babygirlstar built ages ago im also willing to bet that the invisible blocks to protect the dragon eggs were destroyed and the eggs taken and I have a feeling that the thing is just an empty quartz structure this is kinda spitting on the year I spent building and collecting said heads kinda like you leaving and someone taking down the palace and parliment of gerevoskly im aware that there is no rule against what you did but its kind of a manners thing isnt it since the heads you took are quite probably either burried in some chest or a basement somewhere so I make a request not as a complaint but as person to person if the heads could be restored and the village left alone I have no care for the items in my chests you've probably ransacked id just like my work of collecting those heads not to just be spat on thanks if you agree to this and if you don't well I wouldnt even be that surprised

Offline Ajc610

• Villager
    • View profile
« Reply #24 on: 5 June 2016, 09:08:45 AM »
And before this whole thing is forgotten and ignored id like to add one more point to the matter if the problem is that you dont want Otaku to take the village for themselves then I request to staff that the village be made into a saved area like the staff built areas and no-one is allowed to have building permission there if this is asking for too much I understand but hope as I said earlier that my work wont just be destroyed and ignored this is probably the last post ill make if the situation is resolved before I check again so thank you if possible and I understand if not but hope that it would be.
~Rune April 2012-October 2015

Offline Asuna (OP)

• Member of Parliament
  • New Villager
    • View profile
« Reply #25 on: 5 June 2016, 09:12:57 AM »
I have no problem with an's suggestion and would abide it if it became reality.