Author Topic: livid as server moderator  (Read 5832 times)

Offline sophsparks (OP)

• Member of Parliament
  • Villager
  • Llamas: 0
    • View profile
livid as server moderator
« on: 24 August 2016, 09:03:09 PM »
ok first of all, anything i say about livid in this, please notice, this is just my opinion
i'm afraid that since livid is staff, he may abuse his power. he is natrualy not that nice to me, and i am afraid if i ask him for a village or something like that, he will say no to whatever buildings i have. I am not sure this is the best call, and i don't know why, but something is telling me this is a bad idea. I hope people consider my opinion, and please don't get mad if this isn't your opinion, because as i said, this is only my opinion

Offline OctoGamer

• Staff Member | Forum Mod
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 22
  • #vc4lyfe
    • View profile
Re: livid as server moderator
« Reply #1 on: 24 August 2016, 09:08:45 PM »
he has not even been staff for a day yet, give him a chance. fuck.

Offline luisc99

• Staff Member | Administrator
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 60
    • View profile
« Reply #2 on: 24 August 2016, 10:13:40 PM »
1. As octo said, he's been staff for about 7 hours at most. Give him a chance
2. He's a mod. Only super mods can protect villages.
3. When doing work for things like banning or protecting villages, it's ideal that we're neutral. So any dislikes between players shouldn't matter when it covers to things like this.
4. Even if he did say no, you could just ask someone else. At the moment there are 20 other staff members you can ask to do something for you if you want
5.  If he abuses his powers, he gets fired. That's a rule staff have always followed

Livid had been on the server for years, and is one of the most active players there is. In fact, unless Em has clocked in more time and my thing just hasn't updated, Livid is the player with the most time online over the past 3 years. He knows the rules inside and out. So a note to everyone, give him a chance, and he'll be great. If in a few month's time you have done actual evidence of abuse of power, then we'll listen

Offline sophsparks (OP)

• Member of Parliament
  • Villager
    • View profile
« Reply #3 on: 24 August 2016, 10:25:08 PM »
ok, i will give him a chance, i was not very open minded when i posted that, and maybe a bit jeleous
 ::)

Offline RagsDeeboo

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 2
    • View profile
« Reply #4 on: 24 August 2016, 10:41:08 PM »
well i want to point out in sophie's defense that ten said that if she felt strongly about it, post it on the forums. also how do i put a gif on the end of my post?
« Last Edit: 24 August 2016, 10:47:29 PM by ragsdeeboo »

Lividup64

« Reply #5 on: 25 August 2016, 04:31:09 AM »
Sorry you feel that way.

Offline Brutalfive

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #6 on: 25 August 2016, 07:48:48 AM »
tbh I think give wivid a chance. I understand many ppl don't like him. livid and I get along then we don't then we do, so I do see Sophie's worry however who knows. we might all love livid soon xD. and has ten said he knows the rules inside and out. I'm just surprised he was not staff sooner

Offline Airbongo

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 69
  • Eh, what's up, doc?
    • View profile
« Reply #7 on: 25 August 2016, 09:05:24 AM »
well i want to point out in sophie's defense that ten said that if she felt strongly about it, post it on the forums. also how do i put a gif on the end of my post?
Click on your profile, then click forum profile on the left, and add the direct link to the gif between these tags
Code: [Select]
[img][/img]

Offline RagsDeeboo

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 2
    • View profile
« Reply #8 on: 25 August 2016, 01:08:48 PM »
thanks! ;D ;D one question: do i put it in signature?
« Last Edit: 25 August 2016, 01:13:15 PM by ragsdeeboo »

Offline Airbongo

• Cheese
  • Eh, what's up, doc?
    • View profile
« Reply #9 on: 25 August 2016, 06:22:23 PM »
thanks! ;D ;D one question: do i put it in signature?
I answered your question on how to do it above, lol.

Offline Cinder

• New Villager
  • American Born Swede
    • View profile
« Reply #10 on: 25 August 2016, 08:30:38 PM »
ok first of all, anything i say about livid in this, please notice, this is just my opinion
i'm afraid that since livid is staff, he may abuse his power. he is natrualy not that nice to me, and i am afraid if i ask him for a village or something like that, he will say no to whatever buildings i have. I am not sure this is the best call, and i don't know why, but something is telling me this is a bad idea. I hope people consider my opinion, and please don't get mad if this isn't your opinion, because as i said, this is only my opinion

You're already complaining on his first, not even day as a Server Moderator. If he does abuse his powers, then report it with solid evidence, just because you're jealous doesn't even justify your OP. I mean you are entitled to your opinion, yes. But in the past, maybe day, I haven't seen any noticeable sign of your accusations. I mean, if he can't put his grievances aside to help a player than that is on him. As Staff, you leave your drama at the door, and you help a player, no matter how much you like or dislike them.

“The battle is between two wolves inside us all. One is Evil. It is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego. The other is Good. It is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, generosity, empathy, truth, compassion and faith.”

The grandson thought about this for a minute and then asked the grandfather, “Which wolf wins?”

The old Cherokee simply replied, “The one you feed.”

- A Cherokee Proverb

Offline ShadowNotice

• Member of Parliament
  • Villager
  • Okay
    • View profile
« Reply #11 on: 26 August 2016, 10:34:58 PM »
It pains me to say this, but Livid is actually being more responsible as a staff member. Along with his new powers he also has more restrictions (like not being allowed to kill players randomly). So I don't think he'll be a problem.
My llamas ran away, I need to go find some more.

Offline Akomine

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 666
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
« Reply #12 on: 27 August 2016, 12:54:46 AM »
It pains me to say this, but Livid is actually being more responsible as a staff member. Along with his new powers he also has more restrictions (like not being allowed to kill players randomly). So I don't think he'll be a problem.

Oh look, the silly notions that Livid would instantly become an abusive Staff member the moment he gained the position aren't true? Who would've known.

Ako is gay and has superaids - Air

Offline Airbongo

• Cheese
  • Eh, what's up, doc?
    • View profile
« Reply #13 on: 27 August 2016, 03:32:20 AM »

Oh look, the silly notions that Livid would instantly become an abusive Staff member the moment he gained the position aren't true? Who would've known.
Chill nigga

Offline PengBunny

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 11
    • View profile
« Reply #14 on: 27 August 2016, 12:07:09 PM »
i dont see why livid would be a staff member at all lol, i definitely wouldve done the same, promote him i mean
You know a thread is really bad when PengBunny posts on it.

My daddy is Air

air when the fuck did you do this ^^^

Offline Akomine

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 666
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
« Reply #15 on: 27 August 2016, 12:19:48 PM »

Chill nigga

Ako is gay and has superaids - Air

EnderEssence

« Reply #16 on: 28 August 2016, 08:14:42 AM »
Livid's a mod now?

Why do I always miss these things?