Author Topic: Apologies, and ..  (Read 4467 times)

Offline Noket (OP)

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 20
    • View profile
Apologies, and ..
« on: 4 October 2016, 07:40:37 PM »
This past Sunday, I lost my temper in public chat:

[17:34:33] [Server thread/INFO]: <[M] ~Liviousa> Fuck off, dude
[17:34:37] [Server thread/INFO]: <[M] ~Liviousa> it's a joke
[17:34:42] [Server thread/INFO]: <[M] ~Liviousa> She doesn't mind
[17:34:49] [Server thread/INFO]: <[MANGO] ~KatyPerry> gets annoying but idrc
[17:35:04] [Server thread/INFO]: <[MANGO] ~KatyPerry> noket stop being such a lady gaga. lol!
[17:35:34] [Server thread/INFO]: <[M] ~Liviousa> If you won't consider what Mango did was grief because I'm Livid
[17:35:40] [Server thread/INFO]: RagsDeeboo issued server command: /home pf3
[17:35:44] [Server thread/INFO]: <[A] ~Noket> Dude, you're an ass
[17:35:47] [Server thread/INFO]: <[A] ~Noket> to like
[17:35:47] [Server thread/INFO]: <[M] ~Liviousa> and I'm some sort of asshole who manipulates, lies
[17:35:48] [Server thread/INFO]: <[A] ~Noket> everybody
[17:35:52] [Server thread/INFO]: <[M] ~Liviousa> and other things
[17:36:03] [Server thread/INFO]: <[M] ~Liviousa> Consider it grief because it's Pickle's village
[17:36:03] [Server thread/INFO]: <[A] ~Noket> you call people nigger, bitch
[17:36:09] [Server thread/INFO]: <[MANGO] ~KatyPerry> but u r a nigger
[17:36:11] [Server thread/INFO]: <[A] ~Noket> slut shaming
[17:36:18] [Server thread/INFO]: <[A] ~Noket> and you expect me to take you seriously?

This isn't the kind of behavior that I pride myself on. In fact, it's the exact opposite of how I like to behave. I am those those uninvolved people online had to witness it. I should have kept my temper in check. I was wrong.

To our younger staff (and I'm not talking about just one): The real world doesn't have patience for this kind of behavior. The kind of bickering and petty fighting (especially racist homophobic or misogynist remarks) that take place in private chat, whether on steam or while other staff are offline, does not fly in real life.

You get fired from jobs in real life. Getting fired follows you for 5 years in the real world.

We're staff; we should strive for exemplary behavior.

This brings me to my final point: Many staff on villagecraft cause too much trouble to do anything productive. Instead of covering for staff that are trying to improve the server, they continually pull staff into their drama. The staff that cause drama aren't punished. There are no repercussions for racist, homophobic, or sexist behavior or language. Being staff is simply more frustration than reward.

So, I resign.

Offline shanebolenback

• New Villager
  • Llamas: 0
    • View profile
Re: Apologies, and ..
« Reply #1 on: 5 October 2016, 02:15:05 AM »
WOW

I know I am not on this server much at all these days, and I will admit (as I said during that fight that I so happened to be online for) it was really immature and unprofessional.

WITH THAT SAID: NOKET ... I thought you were one of the MAIN people for this server? How could you leave this team? I thought you were an integral part of this big machine?

You can't just up and leave these guys, they need you and your very important work.

I for one hope that you re-think your decision and stay.
Running a server is very hard work, and you were doing an amazing part doing your job.

If not, I am sure a lot LOT of people will be sad to see you step down.

-Shane

Lividup64

« Reply #2 on: 5 October 2016, 01:21:50 PM »
No one asked for you to become a 'parent' on the server. We are very much aware of how to act accordingly in 'the real world.' You read far too much into jokes amongst players. Just because people may say 'nigger' or 'faggot' or 'bitch' does not make the racist, homophobic or mysogonistic. Friends exchange this language between each other because they are comfortable with it. With all due respect, you spend too much time offline to be able to have a well formed opinion and view of how players interact. Furthermore, simply because you dislike me as a person, staff, breather of the Earth's air or whatever does not mean that you need to resign from the staff team, you being such an integral part of it, as stated by Shane.

Apologies if this fuels anything, however, I am very clearly mentioned in here. I would also like to bring up the fact that you say you don't tolerate 'petty drama' when I was actually attempting to stop it via attempting to engage in a conversation with you of why exactly you think I am an asshole who makes people leave the server and such. However, the honourable gentleman refused, and proceeded to talk down to myself, something which apparently I do and that you're not too fond of.

A note to everyone else: We, the staff team apologise for this behaviour. Noket is absolutely right when he says that this is not how staff should behave. We are here to help you, not be VillageCraft Real Housewives of New Jersey. I would've hoped that on Sunday this matter would've been laid to rest and for it not to reach the forums, but that is unfortunately what has happened.

Kind regards to the readers,

~Livid.
« Last Edit: 5 October 2016, 01:40:42 PM by Lividup64 »

Offline PengBunny

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 11
    • View profile
« Reply #3 on: 5 October 2016, 06:49:41 PM »
This past Sunday, I lost my temper in public chat:

[17:34:33] [Server thread/INFO]: <[M] ~Liviousa> Fuck off, dude
[17:34:37] [Server thread/INFO]: <[M] ~Liviousa> it's a joke
[17:34:42] [Server thread/INFO]: <[M] ~Liviousa> She doesn't mind
[17:34:49] [Server thread/INFO]: <[MANGO] ~KatyPerry> gets annoying but idrc
[17:35:04] [Server thread/INFO]: <[MANGO] ~KatyPerry> noket stop being such a lady gaga. lol!
[17:35:34] [Server thread/INFO]: <[M] ~Liviousa> If you won't consider what Mango did was grief because I'm Livid
[17:35:40] [Server thread/INFO]: RagsDeeboo issued server command: /home pf3
[17:35:44] [Server thread/INFO]: <[A] ~Noket> Dude, you're an ass
[17:35:47] [Server thread/INFO]: <[A] ~Noket> to like
[17:35:47] [Server thread/INFO]: <[M] ~Liviousa> and I'm some sort of asshole who manipulates, lies
[17:35:48] [Server thread/INFO]: <[A] ~Noket> everybody
[17:35:52] [Server thread/INFO]: <[M] ~Liviousa> and other things
[17:36:03] [Server thread/INFO]: <[M] ~Liviousa> Consider it grief because it's Pickle's village
[17:36:03] [Server thread/INFO]: <[A] ~Noket> you call people nigger, bitch
[17:36:09] [Server thread/INFO]: <[MANGO] ~KatyPerry> but u r a nigger
[17:36:11] [Server thread/INFO]: <[A] ~Noket> slut shaming
[17:36:18] [Server thread/INFO]: <[A] ~Noket> and you expect me to take you seriously?

This isn't the kind of behavior that I pride myself on. In fact, it's the exact opposite of how I like to behave. I am those those uninvolved people online had to witness it. I should have kept my temper in check. I was wrong.

To our younger staff (and I'm not talking about just one): The real world doesn't have patience for this kind of behavior. The kind of bickering and petty fighting (especially racist homophobic or misogynist remarks) that take place in private chat, whether on steam or while other staff are offline, does not fly in real life.

You get fired from jobs in real life. Getting fired follows you for 5 years in the real world.

This brings me to my final point: Many staff on villagecraft cause too much trouble to do anything productive. Instead of covering for staff that are trying to improve the server, they continually pull staff into their drama. The staff that cause drama aren't punished. There are no repercussions for racist, homophobic, or sexist behavior or language. Being staff is simply more frustration than reward.

So, I resign.

i dont understand how you just now came to conclusion that "there are no repercussions for racist, homophobic, or sexist behavior or language" after so many times of having to redefine the "freedom of speech" rule to you, it shouldnt come as a surprise so why have you been here for so long if you arent ready to just abide and look down when people say what they want -- its not difficult to do.

of course this isnt real life, i dont think any of the staff would go to a job and call people "nigger" and say sexist remarks, we arent fucking idiots. but also the 'real world' doesn't fit to your rules now does it noket? its a MINECRAFT server buddy

Instead of covering for staff that are trying to improve the server, they continually pull staff into their drama.

stop putting yourself on such a high horse as someone who wanted to improve the server when you would just waste time bickering with the freedom of speech rule and turning on your own members of staff for stupid reasons
« Last Edit: 5 October 2016, 06:54:09 PM by PengBunny »
You know a thread is really bad when PengBunny posts on it.

My daddy is Air

air when the fuck did you do this ^^^

Offline lishman77

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 0
  • reet
    • View profile
« Reply #4 on: 5 October 2016, 07:36:13 PM »
If you believed this,
Many staff on villagecraft cause too much trouble to do anything productive.

And thought this,

Then you wouldn't have included the staff related things, drama, trouble etc in this post, fair enough apologise for an incident like that. I myself am probably a hypocrite for replying to the post and escalating it but Livid went out of his way to try and talk to you to make whatever it was right and could have been easily cleared up without quoting it and making it more public than it had to be. I don't think saying things like 'younger staff' and giving life lessons and lessons on how staff should behave is the right way to go about things, The few young-ish staff we have were discussed enough and are mature enough in my eyes to not be seen as just 'younger' staff and probably know not to say nigger in a job interview. No matter age they all have the same responsibility.

I don't really think you're valid to judge different staff and call people troublemakers and complain about the frustration because when it was all brewing some weeks ago you were busy with other projects, plugins, real life shit. and you weren't there to see it all first hand or see what exactly was said. And it was usually Ako people dragged on off steam (correct me if im wrong) and i would do my best to do what i could but who listens to an [SM] when the argument is between 1 or 2 of them. PLUS the whole staff drama really ended weeks ago.

I think if you were really sorry for this and you wanted to set an example you would have made an attempt to get over whatever quarrel it is you have with livid before making the post. I mean he isnt even mentioned in the post at all so i'm not even sure if you're apologising to him. I think if I can get to know, like and respect livid, you can too :)

Don't get me wrong I appreciate the stuff you have done but dude, cmonnn.
At the end of the day this is minecraft. why is everyone getting triggered. why am i getting triggered too.  ???
sound as a pound
Lish is god
Thanks Lish, appreciate it.

Did you want me to brush my teeth before the penis sucking or...?

Offline OctoGamer

• Staff Member | Forum Mod
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 22
  • #vc4lyfe
    • View profile
« Reply #5 on: 5 October 2016, 08:12:02 PM »
i dont think we should really be grinding into him as hard as we are, people make mistakes hell mostly everything i do is a mistake.

Offline Noket (OP)

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 20
    • View profile
« Reply #6 on: 5 October 2016, 11:25:30 PM »
lel

tl;dr

:)

EnderEssence

« Reply #7 on: 7 October 2016, 08:57:35 PM »
Listen Noket, I don't agree with some of the points you've said but I honestly hope you reconsider, you've done plenty for the server and I don't think anyone on this thread wants you to leave at all, including myself.

You can't just up and leave these guys, they need you and your very important work.

Running a server is very hard work, and you were doing an amazing part doing your job.
I am sure a lot LOT of people will be sad to see you step down.

I more or less reworded what Shane said but it's quite important nonetheless.

i dont think we should really be grinding into him as hard as we are, people make mistakes hell mostly everything i do is a mistake.
I've been really immature too, I admit that I haven't always seen eye-to-eye with Octo but this is true on my part as well.

I agree with Lish, I think that things with Livid could've been handled differently. I'm not really the most qualified person to be saying this but you can't really generalize and say that every staff member is pulled into drama and should be punished for homophobic, sexist, etc. behavior. As we all know the server's all about free speech, and that any staff member who were to intentionally try to put someone down would be noticed and dealt with immediately (not pointing fingers but I can name at least one or two). Furthermore, if somebody doesn't like a staff member calling them certain things, all they have to do is tell them and problem solved (again, you know what happens if they continue).

At the end of the day this is minecraft. why is everyone getting triggered.

Another good point, in the end it's just block game and block game drama. We'd like to see you and Livid reconcile and you reinstating as well.
Come on dude, I even did this for you. :) https://namemc.com/skin/5e2b94fb1c4e4254
I'm sorry.

Lividup64

« Reply #8 on: 7 October 2016, 09:06:24 PM »
Listen Noket, I don't agree with some of the points you've said but I honestly hope you reconsider, you've done plenty for the server and I don't think anyone on this thread wants you to leave at all, including myself.

I am sure a lot LOT of people will be sad to see you step down.

I more or less reworded what Shane said but it's quite important nonetheless.

I've been really immature too, I admit that I haven't always seen eye-to-eye with Octo but this is true on my part as well.

I agree with Lish, I think that things with Livid could've been handled differently. I'm not really the most qualified person to be saying this but you can't really generalize and say that every staff member is pulled into drama and should be punished for homophobic, sexist, etc. behavior. As we all know the server's all about free speech, and that any staff member who were to intentionally try to put someone down would be noticed and dealt with immediately (not pointing fingers but I can name at least one or two). Furthermore, if somebody doesn't like a staff member calling them certain things, all they have to do is tell them and problem solved (again, you know what happens if they continue).

At the end of the day this is minecraft. why is everyone getting triggered.

Another good point, in the end it's just block game and block game drama. We'd like to see you and Livid reconcile and you reinstating as well.
Come on dude, I even did this for you. :) https://namemc.com/skin/5e2b94fb1c4e4254
I'm sorry.

I asked him to talk things over and he patronised me and then left. What exactly could I have handled differently, not offering to talk?

Offline Akomine

• Staff Member | Administrator
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 666
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
« Reply #9 on: 7 October 2016, 10:15:11 PM »
The replies to this thread are fucking spot on.

Ako is gay and has superaids - Air

EnderEssence

« Reply #10 on: 7 October 2016, 11:15:58 PM »
I asked him to talk things over and he patronised me and then left. What exactly could I have handled differently, not offering to talk?

I'm referring to Noket in that, not you. Sorry for any confusion.