Poll

Remove Scroll of Town Portal (STP) Plugin from VC?

Yes - Remove STP
16 (84.2%)
No - Keep STP
2 (10.5%)
Abstain
1 (5.3%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Author Topic: VOTE PASSED: PARLIAMENT VOTE #14 | Remove Scroll of Town Portal (STP) Plugin  (Read 7587 times)

Offline lishman77 (OP)

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 0
  • reet
    • View profile
NOTICE: To Register for Parliament, post a reply to the thread in this link: http://www.villagecraft-server.com/forum/index.php?topic=22.0

-------
PARLIAMENT VOTE #14
An Act to Remove the Plugin "Scroll of Town Portal (STP)" from VillageCraft

If 'yes' has majority, STP will be removed.
If 'no', it will be kept.

All Members of Parliament may vote.
For the act to pass, a majority of voting MPs must vote in favour.
The poll will run for approximately 4 days, unless there is a clear victor or an ongoing debate, in which case it may be extended or shortened.
« Last Edit: 25 October 2016, 12:09:17 PM by Akomine »
sound as a pound
Lish is god
Thanks Lish, appreciate it.

Did you want me to brush my teeth before the penis sucking or...?

Offline Akomine

• Staff Member | Administrator
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 666
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
Re: PARLIAMENT VOTE #14 | Scroll of Town Portal - Removal of STP plugin
« Reply #1 on: 21 October 2016, 01:20:38 PM »
Scroll of Town Portal (STP) is a plugin that adds STP items to the game, which are needed to teleport in the Outlands. Without the STP plugin, teleporting in the Outlands requires no item.

The intended purpose of this plugin was to make Outlands survival a bit harder, while making villages better (since you can teleport from within them without an item), and to keep people building villages closer to eachother. It has helped do these things, but some people find it annoying.

Please post your thoughts on the pros and cons of this plugin. If you would prefer to see it removed, please state why. If you would prefer to see it remain, please also state why. If you would prefer to see it remain, but with changes made to it, please give your ideas.

It is possible to keep this plugin, but change it to remove common complaints.

Discuss below

Ako is gay and has superaids - Air

Lividup64

« Reply #2 on: 21 October 2016, 01:59:02 PM »
It's dumb. People log on and are like 'omg I cant tp in outlaaaaaaaaands cryface.' It is hugely impractical when building villages as it requires a constant back and forth with STPs and in the end you run out of them and can't build anymore. The end result is a shabbily made village quickly put together so they can teleport. Some may say that it encourages people to build close to Qualia, to them I say, 'where do you see space near qualia to build and/or maintain an expanding village?' In conclusion, STPs are not fun, they're annoying and their 'rewards' are shit too. 'Awh yes, I got a Tier VII STP!!!!!! FUUUUCK it broke after one try what the fuck kill myself omg' It's very silly. The only thing good these things have brought are longer days and nights. I would personally like to see even longer days and nights because nights are fun and pretty.

tl:dr Fuck these things, I want longer nights and days.

Offline Hogz

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #3 on: 21 October 2016, 08:27:04 PM »
From my knowledge on STPs it was to make VC more unique, and to kake villages worth more.

I think there are much betters ways of doing so, like increased Mob Spawn (Hostile) when there isnt a region, and Moon ect.

But I think longer days and nights is good, but not too long otherwise it just becomes boring.
"ye boiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii" - JFK

John Coffey: I'm tired, boss. Tired of being on the road, lonely as a sparrow in the rain. I'm tired of never having a buddy to be with, to tell me where we's going to, coming from or why. Mostly, I'm tired of people being ugly to each other. I'm tired of all the pain I feel and hear in the world every day. There's too much of it. It's like pieces of glass in my head, all the time... Can you understand?" - The Green Mile

Lividup64

« Reply #4 on: 21 October 2016, 08:42:01 PM »
From my knowledge on STPs it was to make VC more unique, and to kake villages worth more.

I think there are much betters ways of doing so, like increased Mob Spawn (Hostile) when there isnt a region, and Moon ect.

But I think longer days and nights is good, but not too long otherwise it just becomes boring.

yes please 20 minute day and nights

Offline Akomine

• Cheese
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
« Reply #5 on: 21 October 2016, 08:45:26 PM »

yes please 20 minute day and nights

http://www.villagecraft-server.com/forum/index.php?topic=3956.0

Offline wesos19

• Member of Parliament
  • New Villager
    • View profile
« Reply #6 on: 21 October 2016, 10:34:25 PM »
As far as server difficulty, if one has essentially beaten the game and has the best equipment one can acquire, there is not a practical change which can increase the difficulty of the playing experience. There is no way in survival to make it harder for the better equipped while easier on the newbies- it's the other way around. Scrolls are a general annoyance to experienced players on the server, not to mention to new players. I cannot see a modification that could possibly be acceptable besides removing it entirely.

If anything should be added to enhance entertainment, it's minigames. A mob arena which could progressively get tougher, spleef and skyblock are several examples I had in mind. This isn't really a modification of the survival/outlands experience; see my point above.

Good gear which experienced players of the server have keeps people from dying...if someone has an issue with it just take it off. *cough..shadow..cough*
<[VIP] ~Shadow> i'm fairly certain that he wasn't the first to use that greeting
<[VIP] ~BeastofBurden> how can you be certain
<[VIP] ~BeastofBurden> or even fairly certain
<[VIP] ~Shadow> and i'm fairly certain that there's a 40% chance I used that before him
<[VIP] ~BeastofBurden> 40% doesnt sound fairly certain to me
<[VIP] ~Shadow> you misunderstand
<[VIP] ~Shadow> I am fairly certain that it is a 40% chance, not a fairly certain 40% cahnce

Re: Ban Appeal
« Reply #46 on: 19 April 2017, 05:57:15 PM »
Gullible fools.

Lividup64

« Reply #7 on: 22 October 2016, 12:41:40 PM »
I motion for closure of voting due to overwhelming majority for the removal of STPs.

Offline shanebolenback

• New Villager
    • View profile
« Reply #8 on: 22 October 2016, 03:31:18 PM »
I voted no. 
They should stay.

I agree.  They can be totally annoying but it's something that makes this server unique and great.  Making it difficult to tp in the outlands amps up survival tactics.   You really need to prepare yourself when heading out.  Stock up on stps for instance. 

As for village creation I agree it is super hard.  Ie building on an island like I did.  Went thru a lot of stps.   I'd maybe suggest if someone is starting to build a village maybe give them a small 4x4 region. Outpost style so they can tp for supplies.   Make this temporary of course. 

I don't see why this server would scrap stps because a bunch of people whined about it being too hard to tp.   It's part of the server you're on. 

Lividup64

« Reply #9 on: 22 October 2016, 03:55:38 PM »
I voted no. 
They should stay.

I agree.  They can be totally annoying but it's something that makes this server unique and great.  Making it difficult to tp in the outlands amps up survival tactics.   You really need to prepare yourself when heading out.  Stock up on stps for instance. 

As for village creation I agree it is super hard.  Ie building on an island like I did.  Went thru a lot of stps.   I'd maybe suggest if someone is starting to build a village maybe give them a small 4x4 region. Outpost style so they can tp for supplies.   Make this temporary of course. 

I don't see why this server would scrap stps because a bunch of people whined about it being too hard to tp.   It's part of the server you're on.

This server is also subject to be fun for people. People didn't find it fun, why should we keep it? 'It's part of the server you're on,' bitch please, we're not a dictatorship.

Offline Airbongo

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 69
  • Eh, what's up, doc?
    • View profile
« Reply #10 on: 22 October 2016, 04:12:25 PM »
I voted no. 
They should stay.

This server is also subject to be fun for people. People didn't find it fun, why should we keep it? 'It's part of the server you're on,' bitch please, we're not a dictatorship.
ivid is a pussy and scared of the outlands cause he fears Mohammad will strike him for having a wank the other day.

Offline ShadowNotice

• Member of Parliament
  • Villager
  • Okay
    • View profile
« Reply #11 on: 22 October 2016, 09:35:31 PM »
As far as server difficulty, if one has essentially beaten the game and has the best equipment one can acquire, there is not a practical change which can increase the difficulty of the playing experience. There is no way in survival to make it harder for the better equipped while easier on the newbies- it's the other way around. Scrolls are a general annoyance to experienced players on the server, not to mention to new players. I cannot see a modification that could possibly be acceptable besides removing it entirely.

If anything should be added to enhance entertainment, it's minigames. A mob arena which could progressively get tougher, spleef and skyblock are several examples I had in mind. This isn't really a modification of the survival/outlands experience; see my point above.

Good gear which experienced players of the server have keeps people from dying...if someone has an issue with it just take it off. *cough..shadow..cough*
A) I'm only 9.2% inexperienced.
B) I have good armor, I choose not to wear it.
C) Death and I are chill. I've got no problems with dying.
My llamas ran away, I need to go find some more.

Offline Akomine

• Cheese
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
« Reply #12 on: 23 October 2016, 12:46:15 AM »
I voted no. 
They should stay.

Thanks for your input and your vote.

For whatever it's worth, it hasn't always been a part of this server. Many people have experienced the server with and without STPs present.

It's certainly okay to remove an unpopular plugin. This server's Parliament is underused, and this is a perfectly good use of it I think.

Perhaps suggesting some changes to make it more palatable to the playerbase would be a good idea, considering the way the votes are going.

Offline OctoGamer

• Staff Member | Forum Mod
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 22
  • #vc4lyfe
    • View profile
« Reply #13 on: 23 October 2016, 12:50:14 AM »
I abstained as it doesn't affect me.

Offline iron_shadow_

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 1
  • Am is shudu
    • View profile
« Reply #14 on: 24 October 2016, 08:04:45 AM »

1) there are already minigames
2) are you talking about me or shadow notice?
Come get your potions at Shadow's Potion Emporium! Located in Lilypad Forest, Gerelskovy and Jungle bay. They're the cheapest potions on the server!

Lividup64

« Reply #15 on: 24 October 2016, 12:28:35 PM »

1) there are already minigames
2) are you talking about me or shadow notice?

Obviously Shadow since he's been posting on this thread. Doesn't take an Einstein to figure that out.

Offline Akomine

• Cheese
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
« Reply #16 on: 24 October 2016, 08:12:16 PM »
I motion for closure of voting due to overwhelming majority for the removal of STPs.

Seconded.

Offline iron_shadow_

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 1
  • Am is shudu
    • View profile
« Reply #17 on: 25 October 2016, 11:22:28 AM »

Seconded.
thirded
Come get your potions at Shadow's Potion Emporium! Located in Lilypad Forest, Gerelskovy and Jungle bay. They're the cheapest potions on the server!

Offline Akomine

• Cheese
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
« Reply #18 on: 25 October 2016, 11:41:19 AM »

Seconded.
thirded

Right then, I'll close the vote.

Offline Akomine

• Cheese
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
PARLIAMENT VOTE #14
An Act to Remove the Plugin "Scroll of Town Portal (STP)" from VillageCraft

Reason: Majority Decision
Voting Ended: 25th October 2016

Votes:
Yes - 16
No - 2
Abstain - 1

Scroll of Town Portal (STP) will be removed in the coming days.
« Last Edit: 25 October 2016, 11:58:53 AM by Akomine »