Author Topic: 1.11  (Read 3971 times)

Offline iron_shadow_ (OP)

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 1
  • Am is shudu
    • View profile
« on: 17 December 2016, 08:23:30 AM »
When will the server be updating to 1.11?
Come get your potions at Shadow's Potion Emporium! Located in Lilypad Forest, Gerelskovy and Jungle bay. They're the cheapest potions on the server!

Offline luisc99

• Staff Member | Administrator
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 60
    • View profile
Re: 1.11
« Reply #1 on: 17 December 2016, 03:46:22 PM »
/whenwillweupdate explains why it takes a while, but basically I need to test all the plugins to make sure that work correctly on 1.11. I had hoped to get it done by Christmas, but I've been ill the past couple of days, so that deadline might become by the end of the year. It's high up on my to-do list though, don't worry :)

Lividup64

« Reply #2 on: 17 December 2016, 05:34:47 PM »
/whenwillweupdate explains why it takes a while, but basically I need to test all the plugins to make sure that work correctly on 1.11. I had hoped to get it done by Christmas, but I've been ill the past couple of days, so that deadline might become by the end of the year. It's high up on my to-do list though, don't worry :)

Hope you get well soon!

Offline ShadowNotice

• Member of Parliament
  • Villager
  • Llamas: 0
  • Okay
    • View profile
« Reply #3 on: 17 December 2016, 07:14:19 PM »
Take your time. Merry Christmas
My llamas ran away, I need to go find some more.

Offline luisc99

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #4 on: 21 December 2016, 05:52:46 PM »
Okay, so I've done some work on it. Made a spreadsheet, which is nice. Spreadsheets are always nice. It also allowed me to make a chart, and charts are always good. Here is that chart:

Basically, when it all goes green, we update. The red stuff is stuff that's broken and someone (probably me) needs to fix. Yellow is stuff that relies on stuff that is broken. Green is stuff that works (probably), and grey is stuff I need to test, but will most likely work.

I'm skipping 1.11 and going straight to 1.11.2. That way you all get the new-fangled iron nuggets, enchantment of the sweeping (or something), and elytra boosts with fireworks.

And no, I don't know how long it'll take.
« Last Edit: 21 December 2016, 06:11:07 PM by luisc99 »

Offline iron_shadow_ (OP)

• Cheese
  • Am is shudu
    • View profile
« Reply #5 on: 23 December 2016, 03:41:02 PM »
Okay, so I've done some work on it. Made a spreadsheet, which is nice. Spreadsheets are always nice. It also allowed me to make a chart, and charts are always good. Here is that chart:

Basically, when it all goes green, we update. The red stuff is stuff that's broken and someone (probably me) needs to fix. Yellow is stuff that relies on stuff that is broken. Green is stuff that works (probably), and grey is stuff I need to test, but will most likely work.

I'm skipping 1.11 and going straight to 1.11.2. That way you all get the new-fangled iron nuggets, enchantment of the sweeping (or something), and elytra boosts with fireworks.

And no, I don't know how long it'll take.
can you keep us updated on the progress?
Come get your potions at Shadow's Potion Emporium! Located in Lilypad Forest, Gerelskovy and Jungle bay. They're the cheapest potions on the server!

Offline luisc99

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #6 on: 23 December 2016, 06:48:26 PM »
can you keep us updated on the progress?

I'll try to, although I'm quite forgetful and procrastinate a lot, so I may not always post updates. That graph will automatically update as my spreadsheet changes though. It's such a nice graph. I need to make more nice graphs like that to show other things, and have them auto update.

Offline Frog

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • The Illustrious Pancake of Anitoch
    • View profile
« Reply #7 on: 24 December 2016, 01:09:13 PM »
Do you think you will be updated by the new year?

Offline luisc99

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #8 on: 24 December 2016, 05:53:01 PM »

That's the aim

Offline luisc99

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #9 on: 28 December 2016, 06:59:12 PM »
<Update Log 20161282>

Did some testing today. Turned most of it green, which is good. We need to save the planet, so I'm glad to have done my bit. I also added a new colour to the chart, which I would like to call blue. This is for things where I've found a new plugin, which is more up-to-date than the old one. Out with the old and in with the new, as I have probably said at some point before!

Status report though, I've compiled some plugins myself. Most of these were updated by someone else and I just needed to squeeze everything into a jar, so now I have no jam left. Some plugins work but say they don't, even though they do. Most are fine though.

I've updated VCV to 1.11.2, so that's cool. Feel free to play on that for a bit to test things for us, and report any bugs you find. It has a cool border to encourage more communal and sociable playing, although that didn't really happen as there's hardly anyone on there. Still, I can plug it, with the intention to subconsciously make you all go over there and play on it some more.

Also, @Akomine and/or @Airbongus Van Winkledorf, could you please make a full backup, if you could. I don't really have the internet speeds to do it, and it'll make me feel a bit better if I know you and the host have a backup, rather than just the host. Thanks <3

</End update>

Offline luisc99

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #10 on: 31 December 2016, 09:18:14 PM »

That's the aim

Sorry, I got busy D: