Author Topic: Re: plugin suggestion thread 2 - classes SPLIT  (Read 10481 times)

Offline Rainy_Turtloid (OP)

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 0
  • Turtles are incredible
    • View profile
Re: plugin suggestion thread 2 - classes SPLIT
« on: 11 August 2012, 05:12:01 PM »
You should add classes, you removed mcmmo combat, so classes you can only choose one, and to become another it costs 10,000$ Archer gets the archery mcmmo skills, knights get swords skill, and warrior gets axes skill, and maybe add some other stuff to it on the side.Also if they pick the class they can only use those weapons no other weapons.

Yeah but try to link the plugin that does this.
« Last Edit: 11 August 2012, 06:40:24 PM by Akomine »

Kovos_Datch

Re: Re: PLUGIN suggestion thread THE SECOND classes SPLIT
« Reply #1 on: 11 August 2012, 05:13:19 PM »
You should add classes, you removed mcmmo combat, so classes you can only choose one, and to become another it costs 10,000$ Archer gets the archery mcmmo skills, knights get swords skill, and warrior gets axes skill, and maybe add some other stuff to it on the side.Also if they pick the class they can only use those weapons no other weapons.

Don't forget the martial arts master that would get unarmed.  :)

Offline cjm721

• [FORUM BANNED]
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #2 on: 11 August 2012, 05:27:07 PM »

He is talking about mcmmo rainy. We do it by hand of adding them to certin groups.

Offline Islid

• Cheese
  • Time Traveller Extraordinare
    • View profile
« Reply #3 on: 11 August 2012, 05:29:23 PM »

He is talking about mcmmo rainy. We do it by hand of adding them to certin groups.

I REALLY wish they would add an "Alchemy" or "Magics" (alchemy and enchanting) skill to the MCMMO plugin... this would tie right into it, and make it so if you chose the Alchemist class, you could get more powerful attack potions and higher powers out of enchantments.

• Cheese
  • Turtles are incredible
    • View profile
« Reply #4 on: 11 August 2012, 05:31:40 PM »

I REALLY wish they would add an "Alchemy" or "Magics" (alchemy and enchanting) skill to the MCMMO plugin... this would tie right into it, and make it so if you chose the Alchemist class, you could get more powerful attack potions and higher powers out of enchantments.

Agreed.

Kovos_Datch

« Reply #5 on: 11 August 2012, 05:31:53 PM »

I second all this. What would the classes be?
Archer, Knight, Monk/Martial Artist, Alchemist, Axeman, Miner/Smith?

Offline Islid

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #6 on: 11 August 2012, 05:36:06 PM »

Perhaps a better name for Alchemist would be something like "Warlock" or "Magister".

I'd fucking love to be "Magister Islid", lol.

EDIT: I found my new in-game name. XD

Kovos_Datch

« Reply #7 on: 11 August 2012, 05:39:09 PM »

Perhaps a better name for Alchemist would be something like "Warlock" or "Magister".

Well, Warlock would imply more of an evil side to everything.... Magister  or Mage sounds better.

P.S. Back in the dark ages and the "witch hunting days", being born on a Sunday was a sign of being a witch/warlock. Being left handed was also "sinister" and were a sign a warlock/witch. I was born on a Sunday and I am left handed (ambidextrous, but I prefer my left hand).  ::)

• Cheese
  • Turtles are incredible
    • View profile
« Reply #8 on: 11 August 2012, 05:41:02 PM »

Well, Warlock would imply more of an evil side to everything.... Magister  or Mage sounds better.

P.S. Back in the dark ages and the "witch hunting days", being born on a Sunday was a sign of being a witch/warlock. Being left handed was also "sinister" and were a sign a warlock/witch. I was born on a Sunday and I am left handed (ambidextrous, but I prefer my left hand).  ::)

DAMN IT GUYS.

YOU ARE DERAILING THE THREAD.

no offense just trying to lower Ako's stress level

Offline Islid

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #9 on: 11 August 2012, 05:41:57 PM »

DAMN IT GUYS.

We were discussing names for classes, which was an idea proposed by someone else about a plugin. How is this derailing the thread?

If anything, I would say this comment you just made derailed the thread. Which is unsurprising.

Kovos_Datch

« Reply #10 on: 11 August 2012, 05:44:23 PM »

DAMN IT GUYS.

We were discussing names for classes, which was an idea proposed by someone else about a plugin. How is this derailing the thread?

If anything, I would say this comment you just made derailed the thread. Which is unsurprising.

"Goin' off the rails on the crazy train"

But really, I think classes would be a great idea. Personally, I miss my crazy awesome unarmed strike  :'(

Offline Islid

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #11 on: 11 August 2012, 05:45:43 PM »

DAMN IT GUYS.

But really, I think classes would be a great idea. Personally, I miss my crazy awesome unarmed strike  :'(

I think it would be good if there was some sort of power limit - as is, you can get up to like 1000 level unarmed and one-hit kill everyone instantly and it's crazy overpowered. If it could be limited to level 300 or 400, that would be much better.

Kovos_Datch

« Reply #12 on: 11 August 2012, 05:48:30 PM »

DAMN IT GUYS.

I think it would be good if there was some sort of power limit - as is, you can get up to like 1000 level unarmed and one-hit kill everyone instantly and it's crazy overpowered. If it could be limited to level 300 or 400, that would be much better.

Frankly, Islid, I have to agree and disagree. I think there should be a power limit.... but I also think that if someone works that hard for something, they should be rewarded. However, my mind skips to mob traps and enderfarms when I think "working hard". Grinding isn't the same as "working hard".

So it truly is a double edged sword on this one.

Offline Islid

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #13 on: 11 August 2012, 05:59:28 PM »

DAMN IT GUYS.

Frankly, Islid, I have to agree and disagree. I think there should be a power limit.... but I also think that if someone works that hard for something, they should be rewarded. However, my mind skips to mob traps and enderfarms when I think "working hard". Grinding isn't the same as "working hard".

Perhaps the power limit can be higher. It's easy to say that someone "worked hard" for something, but when it comes to MCMMO, the standards are pretty lax - I can get from 1 to 300 acrobatics by falling off of a tower with a bed on top for 45 minutes or so. Provided someone has a minute amount of patience or at least the ability to multitask and read a book or play a phone game while training, getting extremely high levels on MCMMO is not difficult at all.

Kovos_Datch

« Reply #14 on: 11 August 2012, 06:01:18 PM »

DAMN IT GUYS.

Perhaps the power limit can be higher. It's easy to say that someone "worked hard" for something, but when it comes to MCMMO, the standards are pretty lax - I can get from 1 to 300 acrobatics by falling off of a tower with a bed on top for 45 minutes or so. Provided someone has a minute amount of patience or at least the ability to multitask and read a book or play a phone game while training, getting extremely high levels on MCMMO is not difficult at all.

See, I was thinking the same thing. Whenever i was grinding my acro stat, i was also shooting some msgs with some friends. "Grinding" =/= "working hard".

• Cheese
  • Turtles are incredible
    • View profile
« Reply #15 on: 11 August 2012, 06:04:33 PM »

DAMN IT GUYS.

See, I was thinking the same thing. Whenever i was grinding my acro stat, i was also shooting some msgs with some friends. "Grinding" =/= "working hard".

It isn't that easy some times an enderman wants independence and doesn't die the first hit and kills you. lol

Offline Islid

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #16 on: 11 August 2012, 06:06:52 PM »

DAMN IT GUYS.

It isn't that easy some times an enderman wants independence and doesn't die the first hit and kills you. lol

Dying doesn't change the level of your skills, and due to the /back command, this is hardly even an inconvenience, aside from a few seconds lost to get back and collect your things.

• Cheese
  • Turtles are incredible
    • View profile
« Reply #17 on: 11 August 2012, 06:12:13 PM »

DAMN IT GUYS.

Dying doesn't change the level of your skills, and due to the /back command, this is hardly even an inconvenience, aside from a few seconds lost to get back and collect your things.

And the loss of every level you've gained in 20 minutes of punching.

Offline Islid

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #18 on: 11 August 2012, 06:26:21 PM »

DAMN IT GUYS.

And the loss of every level you've gained in 20 minutes of punching.

Dying... doesn't change... the level... of MCMMO skills.

We're not talking about enchanting levels.

Kovos_Datch

« Reply #19 on: 11 August 2012, 06:28:36 PM »
C-c-c-c-combo Breaker!

But yeah, what Islid said, we are talking MCMMO

Offline knitefall

• Cheese
  • Fuck you, fuck you, your cool, fuck you, I am out!
    • View profile
« Reply #20 on: 12 August 2012, 12:36:26 AM »
I agree it would be cool to have classes, BUT the staff would be completely overran with people asking for a class. not to mention having to put people into a different class for everything. 

Offline Islid

• Cheese
    • View profile
Re: Re: plugin suggestion thread 2 - classes SPLIT
« Reply #21 on: 12 August 2012, 12:55:56 AM »
I agree it would be cool to have classes, BUT the staff would be completely overran with people asking for a class. not to mention having to put people into a different class for everything. 

Maybe have an automated system set up for it where you can sign up using a sign or an altar of some kind?

Offline DarkenedAngel

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #22 on: 12 August 2012, 01:02:06 AM »

Maybe have an automated system set up for it where you can sign up using a sign or an altar of some kind?
Don't have much to add other then with a little thinking and fine tuning everything i might support this idea.

Kovos_Datch

« Reply #23 on: 12 August 2012, 11:16:20 AM »

I think that would be a great idea. Maybe have a "Hall of Classes" in Qualia where there are "altars" set up. There, you could join a class. This would also be quite fun for having "class wars" where people from different classes duke it out.

Course this also has the potential of turning RPG.... And we all saw how that turned out.

Offline Islid

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #24 on: 12 August 2012, 12:55:47 PM »

I think that would be a great idea. Maybe have a "Hall of Classes" in Qualia where there are "altars" set up. There, you could join a class. This would also be quite fun for having "class wars" where people from different classes duke it out.

Course this also has the potential of turning RPG.... And we all saw how that turned out.

Well, Minecraft already has plenty of RPG elements in it, with just the vanilla game - potions, enchantments, weapons and armor? I mean, mining is starting to become a secondary thing, something that's just a means to the end of having equipment that's the highest material level and the most enchanted and whatnot.

Kovos_Datch

« Reply #25 on: 12 August 2012, 01:11:10 PM »

Well, Minecraft already has plenty of RPG elements in it, with just the vanilla game - potions, enchantments, weapons and armor? I mean, mining is starting to become a secondary thing, something that's just a means to the end of having equipment that's the highest material level and the most enchanted and whatnot.

Yeah, but i meant like "elf/dwarf/human/nord/orc wars"

Offline Islid

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #26 on: 12 August 2012, 01:28:30 PM »

I actually haven't seen much activity on that front.

Also, you forgot Time Lord.

Kovos_Datch

« Reply #27 on: 12 August 2012, 01:29:28 PM »

Yes, but I still don't want another "Elf/Dawrf" incident. It got quite old.

Offline Islid

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #28 on: 12 August 2012, 04:37:36 PM »

I have to admit, it was entertaining to watch the fights in chat, but admittedly it was quite disruptive.

Kovos_Datch

« Reply #29 on: 12 August 2012, 04:40:55 PM »

I have to admit, it was entertaining to watch the fights in chat, but admittedly it was quite disruptive.

Oh gosh man. I was the "Eleven King" and it was pretty dreadful.  :o