Author Topic: Movies (Turtles split topic)  (Read 10970 times)

Kovos_Datch

Re: Movies (Turtles split topic)
« Reply #31 on: 13 August 2012, 03:31:25 PM »
I've seen all but 1 Tarantino movie. In order that I saw them:
Kill Bill Volume 1 & 2
Pulp Fiction
Inglourious Basterds
Jackie Brown
Reservoir Dogs
(Have not seen Death Proof from the Grindhouse double feature)

They are all awesome movies, truly. I love them. Inglourious Basterds doubles as my favourite movie, period :)

He has a great talent of writing intertwining plotlines and stories, writing great characters, and he does what so many male directors can't; write good female characters. Jackie Brown, if you haven't seen it, is a prime example of a really well done female lead.

Which have you seen, and why don't you like some of them?

I thought Kill Bill and Pulp Fiction were pretty over the top (typical of Tarantino). Kill Bill also didn't have much of a plot to it... which is always a let down in my book. Pulp Fiction was pretty tough to follow, so I didn't really care for that.

Reservoir Dogs was pretty good (aside from the ending). I think some of the character interactions were a bit unrealistic. Of course, that whole movie was a bit unrealistic (with actually getting all of those men together and almost pulling off that heist. That would almost never work in real life.... but hey, it's cinema for ya lol).

Never saw Jakie Brown, so I wouldn't know.

Inglourious Bastards, however, was a pretty good movie. I give it a thumbs up.

You also forgot that he was a producer for the 2001 release of Iron Monkey. I always enjoy a good, funny, partially cheesy kung fu movie.

--------------------------

Not that Tarantino had anything to do with this movie, but I found it pretty amazing. It is a cross between a western movie, a steampunk movie, an action movie, and a mystery movie. Oh, btw, it is Korean too  :P

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you "The Good, The Bad, The Weird".
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0901487/

Here is the trailer for it:

P.S. The soundtrack for this movie is EPIC!!!!!  ::)

One of the best things about Tarantino movies is that they don't go in chronological order - you have to deduce how things are put together yourself, after you're presented with a series of scenes and events out of order. It's like putting together a puzzle - it's one of the reasons I like his movies so much.

Speaking of putting pieces together... I have played a game called "Tribes: Vengeance" (you may or may not know of the new internet version called "Tribes: Ascend", but Vengeance was the precursor to that). Anyways, that game is a lot like Tarantino movies in the sense that it took place in two different time eras and you pretty much had to deduce everything until the end. It was pretty cool.

And did you even watch that trailer I posted?  :o It is quite epic.