Author Topic: Movies (Turtles split topic)  (Read 10971 times)

Kovos_Datch

Movies (Turtles split topic)
« on: 10 August 2012, 11:09:33 AM »
Damn. his forum ban is over. The forum was so quite and peacefull...back to the bullshit

fuck off. Go to hell. You need to stfu and stop bitching about me and worry about yourself.

Fucker...

Although it was a unkind word from Knite, you should not be spouting off hate like that, Rainy. You are trying to turn over a new leaf, remember?

Yes.  Let's try NOT to derail the thread

Sorry, you said not to derail the thread, so I had to.
On a side note, I just watched this movie on wednesday.... how it ever get a PG-13 rating is beyond me. It was an okay movie though. Not much to it, but the action-y parts were epic.
« Last Edit: 12 August 2012, 02:31:43 PM by Akomine »

Offline Islid

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 0
  • Time Traveller Extraordinare
    • View profile
Re: Re: Turtles
« Reply #1 on: 10 August 2012, 12:00:40 PM »
Maybe because the violence was cartoon violence due to the graphics on the robot and the comical outfits of the ladies? Not sure.

Kovos_Datch

« Reply #2 on: 10 August 2012, 12:04:03 PM »
I really think it was everything was implied. It was never shown, just hinted at. But it was still very dark for a PG-13 movie

Offline Islid

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #3 on: 10 August 2012, 12:21:06 PM »
They keep getting darker. Conversely, the R-rated movies keep getting cleaner... the movie ratings group that does this is loaded anyways.

Kovos_Datch

« Reply #4 on: 10 August 2012, 12:24:30 PM »
They keep getting darker. Conversely, the R-rated movies keep getting cleaner... the movie ratings group that does this is loaded anyways.

Idk, if we want to go the WHOLE way back before PG-13 was a rating, most "R" movies back then are now considered horror classics.

Maybe because the violence was cartoon violence due to the graphics on the robot and the comical outfits of the ladies? Not sure.

Don't derail the thread. This is about Turtles

If your gonna talk about this, make a seperate topic.

"I like turtles"

Offline Islid

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #5 on: 10 August 2012, 12:27:14 PM »

Idk, if we want to go the WHOLE way back before PG-13 was a rating, most "R" movies back then are now considered horror classics.

Yeah. I guess that means that movies are just getting nastier?

Also, turtles, so Rainy can be satisfied.

Kovos_Datch

« Reply #6 on: 10 August 2012, 12:39:34 PM »

I would say they have been for some time now. I remember back when I was a child, most movies that came out were rated G through PG 13.

Now, most movies can't help but throw a sex scene in there or drop an f-bomb somewhere. I think it's just getting to the point where people cannot communicate feelings properly without the use of profanity and drugs/sex/alcohol/etc.

It is quite the shame because the movies are now becoming more like the comic industry back in the 70-80s. The people that read comics in the 60s grew up and the comics continued to gear their comics for that particular audience. Comics became more gritty and dark. Once they realized they weren't reeling in any new readers, they realized they really had to tone it down a bit. Even today, comics still are a bit gritty. I see it heading down that road.

Movies are becoming more gritty too. They are gearing everything for more "narrow" audience. You find your particular "sect" of movies and pretty much stick to em. They aren't reeling in any new people, they are just appeasing the old ones. There isn't anything wrong with appeasing who you already have.... but it also doesn't really help you in the long run. Children really don't have that many movies to go see. Only a few in a year come out that children can really watch, and even then, once in a while, there is still that gritty scene.

So I see movies becoming more like the comic industry in the sense that it is becoming more and more dark and "gritty". And that, by no means, is helping anyone and is really just plugs the mind with unneeded things.

Just look at that guy who shot all those people in the Batman opening. He was inspired by those movies. No, not everyone is going to go out and shoot everyone just because of a movie, that is a senseless argument and is invalid. BUT that also doesn't mean we need to give anyone else any "bright" ideas either.

Dark, gritty movies should have their place, but there should be a wider variety of movies rather than just having the same "sex and action" movie. It's the same "plot" but with a different story. As the old quote goes: "Same song, different tune"

Oh, and btw, to appease rainy, turtles.

P.S. Sorry for the wall of text. I just really enjoy talking about movies.
P.P.S. Sorry Rainy
« Last Edit: 10 August 2012, 12:49:12 PM by Kovos_Datch »

Offline Islid

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #7 on: 10 August 2012, 02:30:41 PM »

I would say they have been for some time now. I remember back when I was a child, most movies that came out were rated G through PG 13.

Now, most movies can't help but throw a sex scene in there or drop an f-bomb somewhere. I think it's just getting to the point where people cannot communicate feelings properly without the use of profanity and drugs/sex/alcohol/etc.

It is quite the shame because the movies are now becoming more like the comic industry back in the 70-80s. The people that read comics in the 60s grew up and the comics continued to gear their comics for that particular audience. Comics became more gritty and dark. Once they realized they weren't reeling in any new readers, they realized they really had to tone it down a bit. Even today, comics still are a bit gritty. I see it heading down that road.

Movies are becoming more gritty too. They are gearing everything for more "narrow" audience. You find your particular "sect" of movies and pretty much stick to em. They aren't reeling in any new people, they are just appeasing the old ones. There isn't anything wrong with appeasing who you already have.... but it also doesn't really help you in the long run. Children really don't have that many movies to go see. Only a few in a year come out that children can really watch, and even then, once in a while, there is still that gritty scene.

So I see movies becoming more like the comic industry in the sense that it is becoming more and more dark and "gritty". And that, by no means, is helping anyone and is really just plugs the mind with unneeded things.

Just look at that guy who shot all those people in the Batman opening. He was inspired by those movies. No, not everyone is going to go out and shoot everyone just because of a movie, that is a senseless argument and is invalid. BUT that also doesn't mean we need to give anyone else any "bright" ideas either.

Dark, gritty movies should have their place, but there should be a wider variety of movies rather than just having the same "sex and action" movie. It's the same "plot" but with a different story. As the old quote goes: "Same song, different tune"

P.P.S. Sorry Rainy

Lol, I love walls of text, they contain lots of thoughts and ideas, both of which I rather like.

I would have to say I agree as far as the trend of movies progressing to match their audience, but it doesn't change the fact that there are not only a whole lot of remakes (especially lately) and adaptations of comics, books, and whatnot into movie versions (which is some strange fetish of Hollywood I have yet to truly understand). The theory you've proposed doesn't necessarily account for those abnormalities, other than to say that they're trying to recapture either extremely old audience members, or build a new legion of young ones with bringing them up by starting fresh.

Either way, it disturbs me to think that all that Hollywood can do to think of an evocative, moving storyline is to add lots of sex, explosions, guns, and skimpy clothing to every movie they can. I was reading an article the other day about some of the massive, giant publishers, and it was talking about how there were tons of writers who would come to them with all sorts of ideas, and the producers would just buy the idea outright and shove it in a stack in the corner of some warehouse somewhere because they either didn't want to do it right now or didn't want it to ever see the light of day, because they were worried that if some other studio got ahold of it and decided to produce it, they'd be out a lot of money. It's such a cutthroat business, nothing like the creative fount that it was when it started. I almost feel sorry for the actors and actresses that have to deal with that on a daily basis.

turtles

Kovos_Datch

« Reply #8 on: 10 August 2012, 02:37:42 PM »

P.P.S. Sorry Rainy

Lol, I love walls of text, they contain lots of thoughts and ideas, both of which I rather like.

I would have to say I agree as far as the trend of movies progressing to match their audience, but it doesn't change the fact that there are not only a whole lot of remakes (especially lately) and adaptations of comics, books, and whatnot into movie versions (which is some strange fetish of Hollywood I have yet to truly understand). The theory you've proposed doesn't necessarily account for those abnormalities, other than to say that they're trying to recapture either extremely old audience members, or build a new legion of young ones with bringing them up by starting fresh.

Either way, it disturbs me to think that all that Hollywood can do to think of an evocative, moving storyline is to add lots of sex, explosions, guns, and skimpy clothing to every movie they can. I was reading an article the other day about some of the massive, giant publishers, and it was talking about how there were tons of writers who would come to them with all sorts of ideas, and the producers would just buy the idea outright and shove it in a stack in the corner of some warehouse somewhere because they either didn't want to do it right now or didn't want it to ever see the light of day, because they were worried that if some other studio got ahold of it and decided to produce it, they'd be out a lot of money. It's such a cutthroat business, nothing like the creative fount that it was when it started. I almost feel sorry for the actors and actresses that have to deal with that on a daily basis.

turtles

Oh. My. Gosh. Dude.

This is exactly what I am talking about. You hit the nail right on the head.

Although classics (like 1900s-1920s) were kind of the same way (I really can't blame them then because they were all trying to get a leg up on this new media), the new stuff is just all the same. It truly is the same.

I am refraining from writing another wall, Islid, because we are both on the same page. I see no reason to dive deeper when we both know what is going on.

P.S. Turtles

Offline knitefall

• Cheese
  • Fuck you, fuck you, your cool, fuck you, I am out!
    • View profile
« Reply #9 on: 11 August 2012, 12:48:39 AM »
Please continue on your thoughts, Kovos. I enjoyed reading About both of  Opinions! P.S. Fuck Rainy_TURTLEoid

Kovos_Datch

« Reply #10 on: 11 August 2012, 09:16:45 PM »
Well, I have even noticed a deterioration of movie "purity" over time.

For example, MIB 1 when J was delivering that alien baby. It was funny and light. It wasn't too much. MIB 1 was made in 1997

Now, compare that to MIB 3. Right in the first 5 minutes, this chick practically eats Borris the Animal's tongue. That was not light or funny at all. MIB 3 being made in 2012

Turtles

Offline Islid

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #11 on: 11 August 2012, 11:42:41 PM »

For example, MIB 1 when J was delivering that alien baby. It was funny and light. It wasn't too much. MIB 1 was made in 1997

Now, compare that to MIB 3. Right in the first 5 minutes, this chick practically eats Borris the Animal's tongue. That was not light or funny at all. MIB 3 being made in 2012

Turtles

Actually, I kinda thought the movie took the right turn, weirdly enough... Initially, I was weirded out by the more adult tone, but think about who is really going to be watching this movie. You saw the first one, right? And the second one? Well, now you're much older and you're seeing the third one. The movie has to fit the audience, like you said, for Hollywood to agree to make it.

Honestly, I rather enjoyed it, although I was incredibly sad about the ending. I think it was well done and I'm glad to see Tommy Lee Jones and Will Smith back side-by-side fighting the aliens, lol. I always thought those two had good comedic chemistry on screen.

Offline knitefall

• Cheese
  • Fuck you, fuck you, your cool, fuck you, I am out!
    • View profile
« Reply #12 on: 12 August 2012, 12:28:24 AM »
All though  MIB 1 was made in 1997 ( year i was born ) It is still one of my favorite movies, and franchises ever. Even if they made three more, that all sucked, i would still watch them. I personally loved all three and would change nothing 

Kovos_Datch

« Reply #13 on: 12 August 2012, 11:11:28 AM »

Turtles

Actually, I kinda thought the movie took the right turn, weirdly enough... Initially, I was weirded out by the more adult tone, but think about who is really going to be watching this movie. You saw the first one, right? And the second one? Well, now you're much older and you're seeing the third one. The movie has to fit the audience, like you said, for Hollywood to agree to make it.

Honestly, I rather enjoyed it, although I was incredibly sad about the ending. I think it was well done and I'm glad to see Tommy Lee Jones and Will Smith back side-by-side fighting the aliens, lol. I always thought those two had good comedic chemistry on screen.

Oh no, no. I agree that it was an epic movie. But it also kind of proves my point that they are only appeasing the audience they already have.

To tell the truth, MIB3 was my favorite by far.

Offline Islid

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #14 on: 12 August 2012, 12:53:53 PM »

Turtles

Oh no, no. I agree that it was an epic movie. But it also kind of proves my point that they are only appeasing the audience they already have.

AND it was probably a little easier to get the subtle jokes they put in (if you go back and watch the first two, there are some nasty jokes in there that I totally missed as a kid), as well as the fact that it was also probably easier to appreciate the storyline, because it was as heavy as it was.

Kovos_Datch

« Reply #15 on: 12 August 2012, 12:55:03 PM »

Turtles

AND it was probably a little easier to get the subtle jokes they put in (if you go back and watch the first two, there are some nasty jokes in there that I totally missed as a kid), as well as the fact that it was also probably easier to appreciate the storyline, because it was as heavy as it was.

Well I am a history/ secondary education major in college, so I loved every little part of that movie.

Offline Akomine

• Staff Member | Administrator
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 666
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
Re: Movies (Turtles split topic)
« Reply #16 on: 12 August 2012, 02:56:53 PM »
Topic split because you guys derailed the thread and acted like assholes about it. Damn this is happening a lot recently.

I wanted to mention 2 quick thoughts:

A) That the guy who shot the audience at the Batman movie may have said the movies inspired him to do so, but it doesn't mean it's true. A lot of people will claim it was the violent media that influenced them, when in reality it is just an excuse to defer blame. Don't know though, didn't pay much attention to the shooting or trial.

B) Regarding movies becoming more and more niche and gritty; I disagree. Gritty? I don't see it. Theres always your movies that are deliberately gritty, like "The Cabin In The Woods", or "Hobo With A Shotgun". But then theres SO MANY MOVIES that I wish were MORE GRITTY, like the James Bond series, or the most recent Batman movie, which was by far the least "gritty" of the three.

Becoming more niche? Which niches are you guys talking about exactly?

And last thought; you guys are sounding like old grandpas saying things like "damn kids, their damn movies can only prove a point with drugs or alcohol or cursing or violence!" Theres always movies that don't fall under this trend, but is that where the money is? Go see Moonrise Kingdom, because it presents its ideas without any of those things. You guys agree that movies are becoming so niche that they aren't attracting new viewers, and yet the gritty, violent, sexy, swear-wordy niche(?) movies keep breaking records for box office turnout. That means new viewers right? Aren't theatre numbers up from a few years ago when they were at a low, and people were saying "oh shit, this is the end of the industry"?

Am I missing the point? I just woke up :P

Ako is gay and has superaids - Air

Kovos_Datch

« Reply #17 on: 12 August 2012, 04:03:18 PM »
Topic split because you guys derailed the thread and acted like assholes about it. Damn this is happening a lot recently.

A) That the guy who shot the audience at the Batman movie may have said the movies inspired him to do so, but it doesn't mean it's true. A lot of people will claim it was the violent media that influenced them, when in reality it is just an excuse to defer blame. Don't know though, didn't pay much attention to the shooting or trial.

B) Regarding movies becoming more and more niche and gritty; I disagree. Gritty? I don't see it. Theres always your movies that are deliberately gritty, like "The Cabin In The Woods", or "Hobo With A Shotgun". But then theres SO MANY MOVIES that I wish were MORE GRITTY, like the James Bond series, or the most recent Batman movie, which was by far the least "gritty" of the three.

And last thought; you guys are sounding like old grandpas saying things like "damn kids, their damn movies can only prove a point with drugs or alcohol or cursing or violence!" Theres always movies that don't fall under this trend, but is that where the money is? Go see Moonrise Kingdom, because it presents its ideas without any of those things. You guys agree that movies are becoming so niche that they aren't attracting new viewers, and yet the gritty, violent, sexy, swear-wordy niche(?) movies keep breaking records for box office turnout. That means new viewers right? Aren't theatre numbers up from a few years ago when they were at a low, and people were saying "oh shit, this is the end of the industry"?

" keep breaking records for box office turnout."

Well if we really want to get technical with it, the world population is at an all time high, therefore there are more people to go to the movies.

People now-a-days have more money to spend on movies, so more people go see more movies (as opposed to a few years ago with the recession that hit the whole world that we are half way trying to pull ourselves out of now [also opposed to the way it was back in the day when movies were first coming out]).

Back in the day when my grandparents were kids, they could spend a few cents and spend all day at the movies. They didn't just run a movie, they would also run serials and cartoons and even other things. They would literally spend ALL DAY at the movies. Movies, and the side shows that came with them, took longer to view.

Since they took longer to view, and were so expensive, people generally didn't just go see that movie again and again. Now, people can watch the same movie quicker because they don't run extra cartoons and serials and such. For example, a bunch of my friend saw the Avengers movie anywhere from 2-10 times (i'm not joking when I say 10 times either. I'm pretty sure one of my friends saw it 10 times).

Therefore, people can now "afford" to watch the same movie over and over. They have "more" time to do so. They have a "Better" economy to do it in. Therefore the box office gets more revenue. In fact, I don't know if there are studies out there about this, but i am sure some of that revenue is not new viewers, but old ones returning to watch the same movie.

And to address the thing about the gritty movies, there will always be outliers to the general rule. There most certainly were movies back in the day that were gritty and gore and etc. However, you could take your kid to see more movies back then than you can now. Most movies can't help but drop a few words or have a sex scene... etc.

Good points, Ako. Good points  :D

P.S. I recall reading about how the guy at the shootings claimed he was the Joker. I could be wrong though.
« Last Edit: 12 August 2012, 04:05:50 PM by Kovos_Datch »

Offline Islid

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #18 on: 12 August 2012, 04:17:08 PM »

I got the impression that Moonrise Kingdom just tried to be like that, but I couldn't shake the thought that it was just another one of those "hollywood tries to get back to it's roots" type things. The star-studded cast might have had something to do with that.

And I resent that assholes remark, lol.

I highly prefer independent film festivals these days, and not even large ones like Sundance or things like that - I mean local, small, maybe regional festivals that haven't gathered a big following yet. I get the strong impression that for some strange reason, once a festival becomes popular, it just sells out completely in an effort to make it appeal to a bigger audience. People get drunk with the fame and money.

Kovos_Datch

« Reply #19 on: 12 August 2012, 04:21:25 PM »

I got the impression that Moonrise Kingdom just tried to be like that, but I couldn't shake the thought that it was just another one of those "hollywood tries to get back to it's roots" type things. The star-studded cast might have had something to do with that.

I highly prefer independent film festivals these days, and not even large ones like Sundance or things like that - I mean local, small, maybe regional festivals that haven't gathered a big following yet. I get the strong impression that for some strange reason, once a festival becomes popular, it just sells out completely in an effort to make it appeal to a bigger audience. People get drunk with the fame and money.

I have actually become a fan of cheesy, black and white, cult classic horror movies.

Offline Islid

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #20 on: 12 August 2012, 04:26:15 PM »

I have actually become a fan of cheesy, black and white, cult classic horror movies.

They definitely have a charm, and they bespeak a time where it was more about the imagination of the viewer than the actual video on the screen - sure, it's exciting and awesome to see explosions and special effects, but it absolutely kills the imaginative spirit of the people who watch them. Michael Baysplosions are only fun for a short period of time, and then you get bored.

Kovos_Datch

« Reply #21 on: 12 August 2012, 04:29:34 PM »

They definitely have a charm, and they bespeak a time where it was more about the imagination of the viewer than the actual video on the screen - sure, it's exciting and awesome to see explosions and special effects, but it absolutely kills the imaginative spirit of the people who watch them. Michael Baysplosions are only fun for a short period of time, and then you get bored.

I think that older movies like the original Mummy can hold someone's attention for longer (provided they like suspense) than a newer movie like The Avengers.

Nothing on the Avengers, I liked the movie, but i got bored with it about halfway through.

Offline Akomine

• Cheese
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
« Reply #22 on: 12 August 2012, 04:39:22 PM »

The star-studded cast is a merely compliment to the movie. The real stars of the movie are 2 unknown kid actors. Apparently theres a new niche of "hollywood tries to get back to it's roots" movies that I don't know about, and maybe this is one. I don't know if that assumption is a reason not to see it, and... whatever, I liked it.

I like Quentin Tarantino movies, are they too niche and gritty for you? ;)

Kovos_Datch

« Reply #23 on: 12 August 2012, 04:42:13 PM »

The star-studded cast is a merely compliment to the movie. The real stars of the movie are 2 unknown kid actors. Apparently theres a new niche of "hollywood tries to get back to it's roots" movies that I don't know about, and maybe this is one. I don't know if that assumption is a reason not to see it, and... whatever, I liked it.

Depends on which ones we are talking about. Generally, I don't really care for his work. But a few of his movies are good.

Offline Islid

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #24 on: 12 August 2012, 04:46:48 PM »

I love all of his movies, lol. Those are really nice.

Offline Rainy_Turtloid

• Cheese
  • Turtles are incredible
    • View profile
« Reply #25 on: 12 August 2012, 04:49:54 PM »

Indeed.

Kovos_Datch

« Reply #26 on: 12 August 2012, 04:52:38 PM »

Indeed.

Wow, I must be the outlier here because I only like a few of his movies.  :o

Offline Akomine

• Cheese
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
« Reply #27 on: 12 August 2012, 07:13:27 PM »
I've seen all but 1 Tarantino movie. In order that I saw them:
Kill Bill Volume 1 & 2
Pulp Fiction
Inglourious Basterds
Jackie Brown
Reservoir Dogs
(Have not seen Death Proof from the Grindhouse double feature)

They are all awesome movies, truly. I love them. Inglourious Basterds doubles as my favourite movie, period :)

He has a great talent of writing intertwining plotlines and stories, writing great characters, and he does what so many male directors can't; write good female characters. Jackie Brown, if you haven't seen it, is a prime example of a really well done female lead.

Which have you seen, and why don't you like some of them?
« Last Edit: 12 August 2012, 07:15:48 PM by Akomine »

Kovos_Datch

« Reply #28 on: 12 August 2012, 08:01:55 PM »
Kill Bill Volume 1 & 2
Pulp Fiction
Inglourious Basterds
Jackie Brown
Reservoir Dogs

They are all awesome movies, truly. I love them. Inglourious Basterds doubles as my favourite movie, period :)

He has a great talent of writing intertwining plotlines and stories, writing great characters, and he does what so many male directors can't; write good female characters. Jackie Brown, if you haven't seen it, is a prime example of a really well done female lead.

I will respond to this when I get on my PC. It is a pain to type from my iPad.

Kovos_Datch

« Reply #29 on: 13 August 2012, 10:16:53 AM »
Kill Bill Volume 1 & 2
Pulp Fiction
Inglourious Basterds
Jackie Brown
Reservoir Dogs

I thought Kill Bill and Pulp Fiction were pretty over the top (typical of Tarantino). Kill Bill also didn't have much of a plot to it... which is always a let down in my book. Pulp Fiction was pretty tough to follow, so I didn't really care for that.

Reservoir Dogs was pretty good (aside from the ending). I think some of the character interactions were a bit unrealistic. Of course, that whole movie was a bit unrealistic (with actually getting all of those men together and almost pulling off that heist. That would almost never work in real life.... but hey, it's cinema for ya lol).

Never saw Jakie Brown, so I wouldn't know.

Inglourious Bastards, however, was a pretty good movie. I give it a thumbs up.

You also forgot that he was a producer for the 2001 release of Iron Monkey. I always enjoy a good, funny, partially cheesy kung fu movie.

--------------------------

Not that Tarantino had anything to do with this movie, but I found it pretty amazing. It is a cross between a western movie, a steampunk movie, an action movie, and a mystery movie. Oh, btw, it is Korean too  :P

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you "The Good, The Bad, The Weird".
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0901487/

Here is the trailer for it:

P.S. The soundtrack for this movie is EPIC!!!!!  ::)
« Last Edit: 13 August 2012, 10:19:55 AM by Kovos_Datch »

Offline Islid

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #30 on: 13 August 2012, 03:27:47 PM »
Kill Bill Volume 1 & 2
Pulp Fiction
Inglourious Basterds
Jackie Brown
Reservoir Dogs

I thought Kill Bill and Pulp Fiction were pretty over the top (typical of Tarantino). Kill Bill also didn't have much of a plot to it... which is always a let down in my book. Pulp Fiction was pretty tough to follow, so I didn't really care for that.

Reservoir Dogs was pretty good (aside from the ending). I think some of the character interactions were a bit unrealistic. Of course, that whole movie was a bit unrealistic (with actually getting all of those men together and almost pulling off that heist. That would almost never work in real life.... but hey, it's cinema for ya lol).

Never saw Jakie Brown, so I wouldn't know.

Inglourious Bastards, however, was a pretty good movie. I give it a thumbs up.

You also forgot that he was a producer for the 2001 release of Iron Monkey. I always enjoy a good, funny, partially cheesy kung fu movie.

--------------------------

Not that Tarantino had anything to do with this movie, but I found it pretty amazing. It is a cross between a western movie, a steampunk movie, an action movie, and a mystery movie. Oh, btw, it is Korean too  :P

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you "The Good, The Bad, The Weird".
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0901487/

Here is the trailer for it:

P.S. The soundtrack for this movie is EPIC!!!!!  ::)

One of the best things about Tarantino movies is that they don't go in chronological order - you have to deduce how things are put together yourself, after you're presented with a series of scenes and events out of order. It's like putting together a puzzle - it's one of the reasons I like his movies so much.