Author Topic: Cats or Dogs?  (Read 7063 times)

Offline Fuzzy_Yeti_69 (OP)

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 1
  • The original Jedi Panda
    • View profile
Cats or Dogs?
« on: 13 August 2012, 04:24:36 PM »
Which is your favourite animal, and why?

Offline Islid

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 0
  • Time Traveller Extraordinare
    • View profile
Re: Cats or Dogs?
« Reply #1 on: 13 August 2012, 04:24:57 PM »
Dogs, because they're dogs. End of story. XD

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #2 on: 13 August 2012, 04:29:43 PM »
I prefer dogs
Because they're a lot more loyal and easier to keep as a pet

Kovos_Datch

« Reply #3 on: 13 August 2012, 04:31:37 PM »
Dogs.

Did you know a dog will be loyal to their owner, even when the owner is dead?
A cat, however, will eat it's owner when the owner dies and the cat gets hungry.

I heard this on one of those "end of the world" shows.

So dogs 100%

Offline knitefall

• Cheese
  • Fuck you, fuck you, your cool, fuck you, I am out!
    • View profile
« Reply #4 on: 13 August 2012, 04:41:23 PM »
Otters. Because they are fucking OTTERS. i win

Offline Rainy_Turtloid

• Cheese
  • Turtles are incredible
    • View profile
« Reply #5 on: 13 August 2012, 04:42:35 PM »
Turtles. They are loyal, my old turtle used to hide when I said HIDE.

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #6 on: 13 August 2012, 04:43:48 PM »
If we're choosing out of all animals
Monkeys, motherfuckers are cool

Offline boylink

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #7 on: 13 August 2012, 05:18:18 PM »
Monkeys, they have thumbs.

Offline Islid

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #8 on: 13 August 2012, 05:20:44 PM »
Monkeys smell and require a large amount of space to contain... almost an entire room. The bigger ones can also maul you at a moment's notice.

Dogs ftw!

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #9 on: 13 August 2012, 05:22:06 PM »
Dogs are best pet
Monkeys are best animal

Offline knitefall

• Cheese
  • Fuck you, fuck you, your cool, fuck you, I am out!
    • View profile
« Reply #10 on: 13 August 2012, 06:32:09 PM »
Otters are the best animal and pet

Offline Akomine

• Staff Member | Administrator
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 666
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
« Reply #11 on: 13 August 2012, 06:34:41 PM »
Rocks. Mine was obedient and would stay when I said "stay".

Ako is gay and has superaids - Air

Offline Islid

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #12 on: 13 August 2012, 06:36:38 PM »

I had the hardest time getting mine to roll over, though.

Offline Rainy_Turtloid

• Cheese
  • Turtles are incredible
    • View profile
« Reply #13 on: 13 August 2012, 06:41:41 PM »

I remember in 1st grade we made pet rocks. I couldn't find a rock so I used some cement that was shaped like a worm.

Offline Teamfe

• Villager
  • The bringer of knowledge.
    • View profile
« Reply #14 on: 13 August 2012, 07:51:32 PM »
Dogs. Cats can be temperamental and too dependant.
Raising dogs from pups is an unbelievable experience. When I was 5 my father bred and raised a litter of 5 hunting hounds, beagle x foxhound, just recently the last of the litter, Patch (Very original) died.
Although sad, looking back on the life of the litter it was amazing. Dogs, especially working dogs are so eager to please, whether that be in their role while hunting or general frolicking in the fields.
For an animal that was bred for fixed assets, it's nose and prey drive, their loyal and obliging temperament made them great family pets also.
I've never truly had a "Pet", as in an animal that serves no purpose other than companionship but the satisfaction of raising and training a pup from birth and seeing it carry out it's given task (Cover hunting, coursing, killing or retrieving, etc.) is immense.
Some may see hunting using running dogs, sighthounds or grounddogs as a tool for hunting cruel but only those who understand working dogs would understand their prey drive, eagerness to please and need to be given a job or task to carry out. Collies are a great example of this, non working collies become agitated or even viscous. From my experience, aren't the overwhelming majority of the "tailgate attackers", collies? Non working collies must be given intense obedience training and many are kept busy with agility training.

What was the question again?

TL:DR - Dogs.
« Last Edit: 13 August 2012, 07:55:00 PM by Teamfe »

Offline Akomine

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 666
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
« Reply #15 on: 13 August 2012, 08:28:52 PM »
Interesting... so far the reasons against cats are:
-they might eat their owners if the owners died
-they are temperamental
-they are too dependant.

In my experience non of these are true. Dogs are more dependant, generally, since many cats can easily live outdoors and some can even feed themselves. Temperamental? Dogs are more temperamental, plenty of stories of fairly nice dogs suddenly snapping - don't hear too many stories of cats doing that. I haven't died yet, but if my cat eats my carcass I'll give that one to the dog side. ;)

With that said, I don't exactly know which I would choose, but I'm kindof leaning towards cats.

Ako is gay and has superaids - Air

Offline Rainy_Turtloid

• Cheese
  • Turtles are incredible
    • View profile
« Reply #16 on: 13 August 2012, 08:32:35 PM »
-they are temperamental
-they are too dependant.

In my experience non of these are true. Dogs are more dependant, generally, since many cats can easily live outdoors and some can even feed themselves. Temperamental? Dogs are more temperamental, plenty of stories of fairly nice dogs suddenly snapping - don't hear too many stories of cats doing that. I haven't died yet, but if my cat eats my carcass I'll give that one to the dog side. ;)

With that said, I don't exactly know which I would choose, but I'm kindof leaning towards cats.

Still leaning for turtles. They won't eat you.

Offline Airbongo

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 69
  • Eh, what's up, doc?
    • View profile
« Reply #17 on: 13 August 2012, 08:33:42 PM »
Raising dogs from pups is an unbelievable experience. When I was 5 my father bred and raised a litter of 5 hunting hounds, beagle x foxhound, just recently the last of the litter, Patch (Very original) died.
Although sad, looking back on the life of the litter it was amazing. Dogs, especially working dogs are so eager to please, whether that be in their role while hunting or general frolicking in the fields.
For an animal that was bred for fixed assets, it's nose and prey drive, their loyal and obliging temperament made them great family pets also.
I've never truly had a "Pet", as in an animal that serves no purpose other than companionship but the satisfaction of raising and training a pup from birth and seeing it carry out it's given task (Cover hunting, coursing, killing or retrieving, etc.) is immense.
Some may see hunting using running dogs, sighthounds or grounddogs as a tool for hunting cruel but only those who understand working dogs would understand their prey drive, eagerness to please and need to be given a job or task to carry out. Collies are a great example of this, non working collies become agitated or even viscous. From my experience, aren't the overwhelming majority of the "tailgate attackers", collies? Non working collies must be given intense obedience training and many are kept busy with agility training.

I actually enjoyed that wall of text.

Offline Airbongo

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 69
  • Eh, what's up, doc?
    • View profile
« Reply #18 on: 13 August 2012, 08:36:00 PM »
-they are temperamental
-they are too dependant.

I agree with Ako, When I had a dog, she used to be a lot more dependent than my cat. My cat is not really dependent, he is just a fat sloth.

Cats also live longer. :=)

Offline Teamfe

• Villager
  • The bringer of knowledge.
    • View profile
« Reply #19 on: 13 August 2012, 08:38:59 PM »

I actually enjoyed that wall of text.

Savor it, it doesn't happen very often.

Offline Islid

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #20 on: 13 August 2012, 09:03:33 PM »

A thousand times this. I loved raising my dog (her name was Mango, and she just passed away late last year) from when she was born to the ripe old age of 18 years old. She basically grew up alongside me and it was a wonderful experience - felt like having a best friend that I never had to get rid of because they said crap behind my back or because they moved away to another state. It was quite heartbreaking to see her go.

Compared to my cats, who more or less just run away from me, even today, if I try and pet them for more than 3 seconds. I'm considered a food source, in life and death (I'm still convinced that cats eat their dead owners). Dogs rule.

Kovos_Datch

« Reply #21 on: 13 August 2012, 09:06:40 PM »

A thousand times this. I loved raising my dog (her name was Mango, and she just passed away late last year) from when she was born to the ripe old age of 18 years old. She basically grew up alongside me and it was a wonderful experience - felt like having a best friend that I never had to get rid of because they said crap behind my back or because they moved away to another state. It was quite heartbreaking to see her go.

Compared to my cats, who more or less just run away from me, even today, if I try and pet them for more than 3 seconds. I'm considered a food source, in life and death (I'm still convinced that cats eat their dead owners). Dogs rule.

Oh, cats most certainly do eat their owners. I have read about it, and have heard about it on TV shows. Cats just cuddle up to humans when they need something.