Author Topic: Re: Edit: Villagecraft Seige III-Trouble Makers  (Read 4375 times)

Offline Islid (OP)

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 0
  • Time Traveller Extraordinare
    • View profile
Re: Edit: Villagecraft Seige III-Trouble Makers
« on: 13 August 2012, 04:11:24 PM »
Whats mob seige?

Mob siege is where a ton of mobs, usually only one kind (like a zombie siege, but there can be multiple mobs there) assault a city and try to kill all of it's occupants. Jeb is working on adding in a Zombie siege function to minecraft in the next update, so that should be cool.

Dinnerbone is. Dinnerbone did most of the 1.3.1 stuff yet all the credit goes to jeb_ like right here.

Again, why the hell does it matter? I don't understand people's obsessions with crediting each individual person that works on any given project. When you compliment some new update World of Warcraft does, do you say "Thanks to Jim and Stacy down in the graphics department, that new orc skin looks really good. And Terry did a good job on that item drop from the newest raid boss we fought recently. And Tracy, god, she does such a good job on sound."

No, you dumbass, you compliment the group as a whole with a name, which in this case happens to be Notch or Jeb. No, they may not have done the ACTUAL work, but they started everything and led the damn department, so it might as well have been them because it couldn't have been done without their foundation. No need to be a prick about credit.

Offline knitefall

• Cheese
  • Fuck you, fuck you, your cool, fuck you, I am out!
    • View profile
Re: Re: Edit: Villagecraft Seige III-Trouble Makers
« Reply #1 on: 13 August 2012, 04:21:06 PM »
#TeamIslid

Offline Rainy_Turtloid

• Cheese
  • Turtles are incredible
    • View profile
« Reply #2 on: 13 August 2012, 04:41:37 PM »
Whats mob seige?

Mob siege is where a ton of mobs, usually only one kind (like a zombie siege, but there can be multiple mobs there) assault a city and try to kill all of it's occupants. Jeb is working on adding in a Zombie siege function to minecraft in the next update, so that should be cool.

Dinnerbone is. Dinnerbone did most of the 1.3.1 stuff yet all the credit goes to jeb_ like right here.

Again, why the hell does it matter? I don't understand people's obsessions with crediting each individual person that works on any given project. When you compliment some new update World of Warcraft does, do you say "Thanks to Jim and Stacy down in the graphics department, that new orc skin looks really good. And Terry did a good job on that item drop from the newest raid boss we fought recently. And Tracy, god, she does such a good job on sound."

No, you dumbass, you compliment the group as a whole with a name, which in this case happens to be Notch or Jeb. No, they may not have done the ACTUAL work, but they started everything and led the damn department, so it might as well have been them because it couldn't have been done without their foundation. No need to be a prick about credit.

No need to be a prick about me me giving credit.

Offline Islid (OP)

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #3 on: 13 August 2012, 04:45:46 PM »
Whats mob seige?

You don't even get it, lol. I honestly think what I said just went over your head completely.

Offline Rainy_Turtloid

• Cheese
  • Turtles are incredible
    • View profile
« Reply #4 on: 13 August 2012, 04:54:02 PM »
Whats mob seige?

You don't even get it, lol. I honestly think what I said just went over your head completely.

I saw the long type and read "ass" and just ignored it knowing it would be Islid's normal post.

Offline Islid (OP)

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #5 on: 13 August 2012, 04:56:57 PM »
Whats mob seige?

I saw the long type and read "ass" and just ignored it knowing it would be Islid's normal post.

Well, that answers my question at least. You can't even comprehend it. XD

Offline cjm721

• [FORUM BANNED]
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #6 on: 13 August 2012, 04:57:14 PM »
Whats mob seige?

And because of that you show you still have not learned.

Vote for Manhattan and get my love! <3

So he gets to use admin love can I use I won't kill  you if you switch your vote to forge?

Offline Rainy_Turtloid

• Cheese
  • Turtles are incredible
    • View profile
« Reply #7 on: 13 August 2012, 04:58:20 PM »
Whats mob seige?

So he gets to use admin love can I use I won't kill  you if you switch your vote to forge?

Ummm...

Think, Rainy, Think...

Does not killing me include love CJ?

Offline Islid (OP)

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #8 on: 13 August 2012, 05:02:59 PM »
Whats mob seige?

Ummm...

Think, Rainy, Think...

Lol, that was adorable. Look, guys, he used the word "think".

Kovos_Datch

« Reply #9 on: 13 August 2012, 05:05:03 PM »
Whats mob seige?

Ummm...

Think, Rainy, Think...

Lol, that was adorable. Look, guys, he used the word "think".

Rainy thinks?  :o

Offline knitefall

• Cheese
  • Fuck you, fuck you, your cool, fuck you, I am out!
    • View profile
« Reply #10 on: 13 August 2012, 09:37:22 PM »
First i would ever here of it

Offline ChaosMushrooms

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • ckiens
    • View profile
« Reply #11 on: 28 August 2012, 04:51:29 AM »