Author Topic: To those who use Hate.  (Read 13265 times)

Offline Rainy_Turtloid (OP)

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 0
  • Turtles are incredible
    • View profile
To those who use Hate.
« on: 15 August 2012, 01:15:36 PM »

When you state

EVERYONE HATES YOU!:

Hate cannot be transferred in a game.
It should never be transferred.
Hate is the devil's curse,
which will rot you in hell if you don't control it.

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

Have we not come to such an impasse in the modern world that we must love our enemies - or else? The chain reaction of evil - hate begetting hate, wars producing more wars - must be broken, or else we shall be plunged into the dark abyss of annihilation.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

Now there is a final reason I think that Jesus says, "Love your enemies." It is this: that love has within it a redemptive power. And there is a power there that eventually transforms individuals. Just keep being friendly to that person. Just keep loving them, and they can’t stand it too long. Oh, they react in many ways in the beginning. They react with guilt feelings, and sometimes they’ll hate you a little more at that transition period, but just keep loving them. And by the power of your love they will break down under the load. That’s love, you see. It is redemptive, and this is why Jesus says love. There’s something about love that builds up and is creative. There is something about hate that tears down and is destructive. So love your enemies.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

You can't hate someone because of a game
Kyromine

This is why I don't hate you.
« Last Edit: 15 August 2012, 01:24:21 PM by Rainy_Turtloid »

Offline Fuzzy_Yeti_69

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 1
  • The original Jedi Panda
    • View profile
Re: To those 5 people who hate rainy.
« Reply #1 on: 15 August 2012, 01:17:44 PM »

Hate is cannot be transferred in a game.

NICE GRAMMAR, FAGGOT.
Just kidding, I don't care about you nor this post :)

Offline cayrat

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #2 on: 15 August 2012, 01:22:57 PM »
It is not that I hate you, I just do not like you. Simple has that. So when some one says they hate you, it is because they can not love you. They just do not care or they love to many other people.

"YOU are a beautiful, inherently powerful, irreplaceable, unique and wonderful being of infinite worth and value."
http://actualsanity.com/
"Everyone is crazy, some are just crazier then the rest of us."
"Let us test these hearts."
Let dead people do your work for you.
~Robert Lang

Kovos_Datch

« Reply #3 on: 15 August 2012, 01:24:06 PM »
DARN IT RAINY! WHAT DID I TELL YOU ABOUT KEEPING A LOW PROFILE!  >:(

• Cheese
  • Turtles are incredible
    • View profile
« Reply #4 on: 15 August 2012, 01:26:47 PM »
DARN IT RAINY! WHAT DID I TELL YOU ABOUT KEEPING A LOW PROFILE!  >:(

I'm not doing anything bad. I made a post simply stating what it is to hate.

I'm not seeking any attention. I just want to make this clear.

Don't expect anymore topics from me.

Offline Airbongo

• Staff Member | Administrator
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 69
  • Eh, what's up, doc?
    • View profile
Re: To those who use Hate.
« Reply #5 on: 15 August 2012, 02:52:34 PM »
Rainy...do you really think copying and pastin Martin Luther King quotes make you looks smart? YOU are such a tool and that's the reason why most people dislike you.
Good day to you sir.

• Cheese
  • Turtles are incredible
    • View profile
« Reply #6 on: 15 August 2012, 02:58:19 PM »
Rainy...do you really think copying and pastin Martin Luther King quotes make you looks smart? YOU are such a tool and that's the reason why most people dislike you.
Good day to you sir.

Martin luther king was the only one using the qoutes i like.

Or would you prefer this version of hate?

I don't hate women - they just sometimes make me mad.
Eminem

I hate women because they always know where things are.
Voltair
« Last Edit: 15 August 2012, 03:03:14 PM by Rainy_Turtloid »

Offline Airbongo

• Cheese
  • Eh, what's up, doc?
    • View profile
« Reply #7 on: 15 August 2012, 03:19:09 PM »
Good day to you sir.

Martin luther king was the only one using the qoutes i like.

Or would you prefer this version of hate?

I don't hate women - they just sometimes make me mad.
Eminem

I hate women because they always know where things are.
Voltair

You are missing the point I am trying to make... My point was, you pasted a shitload of quotes thinking they make you look smart. They don't and this kind of post just makes you less likable.
You even set your fucking Skype quote to "You can't hate someone in a game - Kyromine" Fucking suck up.

You are really enjoying this banishment thing aren't you? All the attention must be amazing for someone like you...

Hate is the devil's curse,
which will rot you in hell if you don't control it.

Wtf is this bullshit?

Offline Kyro

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #8 on: 15 August 2012, 03:46:35 PM »
I just gotta say, those are good quotes. Especially the last one haha.

No but really, there has been too much immature hatred flowing on this server and it's gotta stop.

I'm not saying I'm perfect and I don't get pissed off at people, because I do, but maybe I handle it differently.

Like Air - your comment was completely unnecessary. Who says he's trying to feel smart? He copy and pasted some quotes and credited them. He's trying to maybe make people think for a second the next time they spout something pointlessly rude or negative.

This is gonna be my new saying, CALM DOWN.

Offline Islid

• Cheese
  • Time Traveller Extraordinare
    • View profile
« Reply #9 on: 15 August 2012, 03:53:30 PM »
The words we use have as much meaning as we choose to give them. Language is a useful tool for communication, but in the end it is simply an arbitrary combination of vocal sounds in strings of patterns that we assign mental patterns and thoughts to, concepts that we have collectively agreed should be represented by a certain word or words.

"Hate", as such, can represent a variety of emotions, as can any word. For me, I have no problem telling someone I hate them - it does not mean I can't stand to be around them, or that they are the scum of the earth and I never want to be within 500 miles of them in my entire life or some nonsense like that, it just means that I don't like them. For me, personally (and I feel like a lot of people here use it the same way, such as Cayrat), "Hate" is simply the opposite of "Like".

To use the word "Hate", then, despite what it may evoke in you and certain other people on this server, is simply our way of expressing ourselves by using a word that is appropriate for OUR feelings. What YOU interpret it as is completely up to you, and if you wish for clarification on the strength of the word, you need only ask.

We use the words we feel best fit the situation presented to us. In some instances, those words are very arbitrary and can have a lot of different meanings. It's the responsibility of ALL parties involved to make sure to clarify that statement. It is NOT the responsibility of the accusing party to use a word that better suits the accused because of some misunderstanding they had.

Offline TheCatsMangler

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: -3
    • View profile
« Reply #10 on: 15 August 2012, 04:08:24 PM »
Rainy correct and I don't hate any one this server there's only people who are not my friends or I don't care about or I just don't like them as much as normal that's all no hate in me but allot of hate at me people hate me, I'm maybe the most hated person on Earth not to mention Mars everyone calls me pink skin there, they're racist oh well Jesus says love your enemy's for a reason and its a good reason.

Agreed of what you said there, trolls and haters go learn something from this and stop hating everytime you hate your doing it to Jesus also known as God also known as A God so think about it

Offline Kyro

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #11 on: 15 August 2012, 04:11:21 PM »
Regardless of semantics, don't be a douche, whatever form someone chooses to be one in.

Offline Islid

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #12 on: 15 August 2012, 04:16:23 PM »
Regardless of semantics, don't be a douche, whatever form someone chooses to be one in.

That's sort of arbitrary though, isn't it? When I tell someone I hate them, it just means I don't like them very much, and it's not meant to be a particularly douchey comment - it just means, "Hey, I don't like you." So I have to step softly around certain words now because they might be harmful to other people?

That seems to go against the very idea of free speech. I now have to limit myself because someone else said "WAAAH, THEY HURT MAH FEELINGS!"

Offline Kyro

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #13 on: 15 August 2012, 04:42:36 PM »
There's a difference between stepping softly around certain words because say, "pussy" might offend some people, and targetting someone, specifically a female player, and purposely using words which offend them.

Offline Islid

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #14 on: 15 August 2012, 04:44:28 PM »
There's a difference between stepping softly around certain words because say, "pussy" might offend some people, and targetting someone, specifically a female player, and purposely using words which offend them.

Wait, I thought we were talking about the word "hate". I can't target anyone with that specifically, I could say I hate anyone and everyone, for example. If we're talking about other words, then the argument changes.

Offline Airbongo

• Cheese
  • Eh, what's up, doc?
    • View profile
« Reply #15 on: 15 August 2012, 04:51:59 PM »

No but really, there has been too much immature hatred flowing on this server and it's gotta stop.

I'm not saying I'm perfect and I don't get pissed off at people, because I do, but maybe I handle it differently.

Like Air - your comment was completely unnecessary. Who says he's trying to feel smart? He copy and pasted some quotes and credited them. He's trying to maybe make people think for a second the next time they spout something pointlessly rude or negative.

Kyro, I have interacted with Rainy a lot more than you and I can assure he doesn't mean shit.

Offline Kyro

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #16 on: 15 August 2012, 04:55:39 PM »
I'm not saying if you say 'hate' on the server you're gonna get banned.

All I meant was that words of hatred towards someone were considered acts of douchebaggery.

The word, 'hate' itself isn't incredibly offensive unless you prove you truly mean it with other words of hatred.

Offline Airbongo

• Cheese
  • Eh, what's up, doc?
    • View profile
« Reply #17 on: 15 August 2012, 04:58:23 PM »
Rainy correct and I don't hate any one this server there's only people who are not my friends or I don't care about or I just don't like them as much as normal that's all no hate in me but allot of hate at me people hate me, I'm maybe the most hated person on Earth not to mention Mars everyone calls me pink skin there, they're racist oh well Jesus says love your enemy's for a reason and its a good reason.

Agreed of what you said there, trolls and haters go learn something from this and stop hating everytime you hate your doing it to Jesus also known as God also known as A God so think about it

You are using religious tactics in a forum where all admins are Atheists...

• Cheese
  • Turtles are incredible
    • View profile
« Reply #18 on: 15 August 2012, 05:29:51 PM »

Kyro, I have interacted with Rainy a lot more than you and I can assure he doesn't mean shit.

I do mean shit. you just never liked what I believed in.

Someone's beliefs can be stated anywhere, just as I don't point out you guys are atheists.

Offline Islid

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #19 on: 15 August 2012, 05:58:19 PM »

Someone's beliefs can be stated anywhere, just as I don't point out you guys are atheists.

Religious statements generally carry more meaning when used with someone that shares the same belief system as the other person. In fact, that's usually why they're used - the "holier-than-thou" approach has a funny way of getting people to believe whoever uses it...

Offline Akomine

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 666
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
« Reply #20 on: 15 August 2012, 08:03:15 PM »
Interesting, an innocent post against hatred gets so much flak.

Rainy, excellent post and quotes - I completely agree. This is a part of how I try to live my life.
Love, not Hate.

Why some people are responding to this with:
"you are just trying to seem smart"
"you are a suck up"
"you just want attention"
"you are talking bullshit"
etc.

Rainy isn't talking about the word "hate", he is talking about the severe negativity and rudeness that can be spewed on this server, and that it's not a good way to operate. And I totally agree.

Now, I will thank everyone who posted in this thread.
Thank you Rainy, for bringing up a good topic of discussion.
Thank you Fuzzy, for sarcastically adding nothing to the discussion (lol).
Thank you Cay, for missing what Rainy was actually getting at.
Thank you Kovos, for adding nothing to the discussion.
Thank you Air, for being a complete asshole.
Thank you Kyro, for being kind and logical.
Thank you Islid, for enlightening us on the use of the word "hate" (I agree, and it is similar to the term "retard"), yet missing the point of the OP.
Thank you Cats, for adding to the conversation.
Thank you Rainy, again, for keeping your cool.

Some notes:
-I was going to say that replying to this thread with the same negativity that it was intending to bring attention to is ironic. But it's not, it's predictable.
-You can use religious ideas if you want, I guess, I'll interpret the message the best I can, even if it is sometimes unclear.
-Atheism is not a belief.

Ako is gay and has superaids - Air

Offline knitefall

• Cheese
  • Fuck you, fuck you, your cool, fuck you, I am out!
    • View profile
« Reply #21 on: 15 August 2012, 08:37:29 PM »
Yes, i may use too much hate. I also may be a hot-head. He spouts off the same hate anyone else does. THAT is the reason this post is stupid

Offline Airbongo

• Cheese
  • Eh, what's up, doc?
    • View profile
« Reply #22 on: 15 August 2012, 08:46:13 PM »

Rainy, excellent post and quotes - I completely agree. This is a part of how I try to live my life.
Love, not Hate.

"you are a suck up"
etc.

Rainy isn't talking about the word "hate", he is talking about the severe negativity and rudeness that can be spewed on this server, and that it's not a good way to operate. And I totally agree.

Thank you Islid, for enlightening us on the use of the word "hate" (I agree, and it is similar to the term "retard"), yet missing the point of the OP.

Some notes:
-I was going to say that replying to this thread with the same negativity that it was intending to bring attention to is ironic. But it's not, it's predictable.
-You can use religious ideas if you want, I guess, I'll interpret the message the best I can, even if it is sometimes unclear.

You are very welcome sir. Any time. I was not being an asshole, I just know it's all bullshit sir. He wants attention.

Oh so you now believe that? You believed that too when you bullied various players so much that they left the server? Nice one hypocrite.

Am I censoring his post? No.

Offline Islid

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #23 on: 15 August 2012, 08:49:56 PM »

Love, not Hate.

"you are a suck up"
etc.

Some notes:

You are very welcome sir. Any time. I was not being an asshole, I just know it's all bullshit sir. He wants attention.

Oh so you now believe that? You believed that too when you bullied various players so much that they left the server? Nice one hypocrite.

Am I censoring his post? No.

As repetitive as it may seem, I have to agree with Air in this instance - you are well aware, ako, that Rainy posts things of this nature to do exactly what he has just done - stir up controvery, increase his post count, force someone to come to the rescue for him, and get as much attention as possible.

I have been asked more than one time by him why other people's posts seem to be popular, yet his just get flamed. It's because he's posting all sorts of attention-whoring things of this nature.

May I remind you of the original reason he was put in Hell - because of his lying and manipulation. Let us remember, lest we find ourselves in the same situation again.

• Cheese
  • Turtles are incredible
    • View profile
« Reply #24 on: 15 August 2012, 08:51:53 PM »
It's always the same people who call my posts attention seeking.

Ako I'm trying to keep my cool but Islid and Air make it insanely difficult.

Offline Airbongo

• Cheese
  • Eh, what's up, doc?
    • View profile
« Reply #25 on: 15 August 2012, 09:02:44 PM »
It's always the same people who call my posts attention seeking.

Ako I'm trying to keep my cool but Islid and Air make it insanely difficult.

The truth hurts doesn't it?

Kovos_Datch

« Reply #26 on: 15 August 2012, 09:52:00 PM »

I didn't make the meme... just thought it was relevant.  ;)

But really, I agree the hate needs to stop... on both parties.

Offline Fuzzy_Yeti_69

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 1
  • The original Jedi Panda
    • View profile
« Reply #27 on: 15 August 2012, 09:55:01 PM »
I don't care that much
I just don't think it's fair that it's his seventh(?) offence and he hasn't been auto banned

On an unrelated note, like my signature .gif?

Witchdoctor1

« Reply #28 on: 15 August 2012, 10:38:18 PM »

I don't mean to step on toes or anger anyone, BUT I have been following these series of events rather closely and with some great interest, and I have to agree with Kovos on this one. Sure, things that people do will always annoy someone, and sometimes people do get carried away with irrational behavior, but responding in kind with malice only exacerbates the situation, as generally the original offender is seeking such negative attention as continual reinforcement of some deeply held belief of personal worth. Anywho... I feel as if this server is rather closely-knit and certainly more amiable than most, but the bilateral hatefests have no place in any community, much less one based around something meant for recreation and leisure. There 'ya have it, my two shiny Lincolns (or two cents, for those unfamiliar with American currency.)

Offline Akomine

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 666
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
« Reply #29 on: 15 August 2012, 10:45:27 PM »

I don't mean to step on toes or anger anyone, BUT I have been following these series of events rather closely and with some great interest, and I have to agree with Kovos on this one. Sure, things that people do will always annoy someone, and sometimes people do get carried away with irrational behavior, but responding in kind with malice only exacerbates the situation, as generally the original offender is seeking such negative attention as continual reinforcement of some deeply held belief of personal worth. Anywho... I feel as if this server is rather closely-knit and certainly more amiable than most, but the bilateral hatefests have no place in any community, much less one based around something meant for recreation and leisure. There 'ya have it, my two shiny Lincolns (or two cents, for those unfamiliar with American currency.)

Said well. Damn well.

Ako is gay and has superaids - Air

Offline Kyro

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #30 on: 15 August 2012, 10:48:07 PM »
Cheese couldn't say it better itself.

edit: Cheese almost couldn't say it better itself.
« Last Edit: 15 August 2012, 11:03:03 PM by Kyro »