Author Topic: More fun.....  (Read 3967 times)

Offline Braingkk (OP)

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 0
    • View profile
More fun.....
« on: 21 August 2012, 02:08:44 PM »
the chests that air spent so much time filling with items from the showcases have emptied themselves.....

2 or 3 of them still have items in them, but the rest are empty.

logblock shows that the items were never removed, but they are 100% empty.

any advice on what to do?

i destroyed 2 chests b4 realizing the bug. can i count on getting the contents of those replaced as well?

on a side note, the redstone that was removed from the showcases dosent stack with redstone that i got from ores while mining. more of a nusiance then anything, but i thought id mention it

Offline Islid

• Cheese
  • Time Traveller Extraordinare
    • View profile
Re: More fun.....
« Reply #1 on: 21 August 2012, 02:25:07 PM »
This is crap, because it's that stupid showcase standalone plugin being a fucktard again. This plugin has officially moved from irritating to downright pissing me the fuck off... multiple people are losing their shit randomly. Serious consideration needs to be given to an alternative plugin.

Offline Airbongo

• Staff Member | Administrator
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 69
  • Eh, what's up, doc?
    • View profile
« Reply #2 on: 21 August 2012, 07:12:11 PM »
This is crap, because it's that stupid showcase standalone plugin being a fucktard again. This plugin has officially moved from irritating to downright pissing me the fuck off... multiple people are losing their shit randomly. Serious consideration needs to be given to an alternative plugin.

I completely agree. I think we should use "Iconomy Chest Shop" for selling/buying items and we could keep Showcase for item display.

Offline Islid

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #3 on: 21 August 2012, 09:26:30 PM »

I completely agree. I think we should use "Iconomy Chest Shop" for selling/buying items and we could keep Showcase for item display.

I'm going to suggest this plugin in the plugin suggestion thread immediately - I used this for a short time when it first came out and it was a bit buggy, but overall a fantastic plugin. This would be a vast improvement over the current system.

Offline Islid

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #4 on: 21 August 2012, 09:27:33 PM »
In the meantime, I don't know what can be done about the lost items... Brain, if you can do your best to come up with a rough list of what's missing from the expensive stuff, I guess the mods can do their best to replace it. You've been through hell already, I can't imagine we can't work with you a little to get your stuff back, lol.

Witchdoctor1

« Reply #5 on: 21 August 2012, 09:29:44 PM »

First, Islid?!?!? I don't think I have ever seen you this heated on anything before. Impressive...

Second, Air I agree. I played on a few servers with the Iconomy Chest Shop, and while it is not as pretty looking in game as showcase is, it is easier to use as well as more reliable. I would suggest replacing showcase with Iconomy. Maybe this suggestion needs to go to Parliament? 

Offline cjm721

• [FORUM BANNED]
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #6 on: 21 August 2012, 09:34:11 PM »
Um.... You dont have to use Showcase if its glitching for you don't use it simple as that. Don't expect some magical experience that after it has not worked twice its going to work the 3ed time. Untill we get an update for it don't try and update them/change them after you make them.

Offline Islid

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #7 on: 21 August 2012, 10:14:58 PM »
Um.... You dont have to use Showcase if its glitching for you don't use it simple as that. Don't expect some magical experience that after it has not worked twice its going to work the 3ed time. Untill we get an update for it don't try and update them/change them after you make them.

Problem is, with each successive update, something ELSE has broken. First it was potions glitches, then it was display items starting to be picked up randomly as real items, and now it's these issues with deleting items entirely in the chests. The plugin is falling apart.

Offline Kyro

• Staff Member | Administrator
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #8 on: 21 August 2012, 10:36:07 PM »
I agree that this is definitely an issue. I'm not sure when the next showcase update will be but hopefully soon. If not, Iconomy it is. A parliament vote is needed indeed.