Author Topic: X raying  (Read 1503 times)

Offline Necati12345Pro (OP)

• Brand New Poster
  • Llamas: 0
  • Cheese!
    • View profile
X raying
« on: 15 October 2021, 08:06:08 PM »
Dear admins
I am so so so sorry for opening X ray I will never do it again so some of my stuff that I didnt got with xray is gone for example:
I had full maxed out netherite set a netherite axe with sharpnees 5 on it a full maxed out netherite picaxe without silk touch a netherite sword with mending, unbreaking 3, sweeping edge and the other enchantments for the picaxe thank you so much.

Offline OctoGamer

• Staff Member | Forum Mod
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 22
  • #vc4lyfe
    • View profile
Re: X raying
« Reply #1 on: 16 October 2021, 08:51:54 PM »
So are you appealing a punishment here? if so, im not sure the status of your legit items, nor do I think there's a good method to check what was crafted with xray items and what was not. in my opinion, you did something you knew wasn't okay.  if the only lingering consequences are your items were wiped, I think your in pretty good shape as well. although I appreciate the apology (I'll speak for myself as it was a kinda lousey apology but none the less you show a bit of remorse.. even if its only because you got caught) I for one will not be going on to replace those items. its like telling a cop who just busted you and confiscated weed you were selling or some shit, and you tell the cop "oh no that's my med stuff I was only selling that other shit" he wouldn't give it back its contraband.. nor do I think villagecraft will your items. sorry but if another staff member feels different you may get lucky

Offline Daypath

• Senator
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 4
  • driftwood!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • View profile
« Reply #2 on: 18 October 2021, 11:45:44 AM »
I think a lot of Necatis armour might be fair game because I think he's either bought netherite from me and Ive given him gear, unless if he's died and lost that old stuff.
"I believe in pink capitalism. I only say that because its pink and pink is great" -Bahamut

"My daughter's a dyke but she can speedbridge" -Tina

Offline Daypath

• Senator
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 4
  • driftwood!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • View profile
« Reply #3 on: 18 October 2021, 11:47:12 AM »
On the other hand netherite and other gear isn't too hard to replace, just as long as you have a place to get enchantments from.
"I believe in pink capitalism. I only say that because its pink and pink is great" -Bahamut

"My daughter's a dyke but she can speedbridge" -Tina

Offline OctoGamer

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 22
  • #vc4lyfe
    • View profile
« Reply #4 on: 19 October 2021, 03:30:06 PM »
I think a lot of Necatis armour might be fair game because I think he's either bought netherite from me and Ive given him gear, unless if he's died and lost that old stuff.
thats where it gets harder to come to a verdict. I still am leaning with my no but obviously I'm not the decider on it, and if other staff members wish to replace what they believe was legit then Ill have no objections.

Any other staff wanna weigh in?

Offline CyphurTheFox

• Member of Parliament
  • Villager
  • Llamas: 2
    • View profile
« Reply #5 on: 20 October 2021, 08:46:42 PM »
I'm going to let the fact that your appeal completely misses the appeal guidelines slide for now, and address what I think you are trying to appeal. (In the future though, please follow the Appeal Guidelines)

You did x-ray resources. Based on your mining tunnels, it seems like quite a bit of ore. However, as Octo has pointed out, determining precisely how many resources were x-rayed is not an easy process. Figuring out how they were used is even harder. In my opinion, having to replace your gear, regardless of if you x-rayed the resources required to make it, is your x-raying punishment. The day's ban was more about giving you a chance to remove your x-ray mods, and giving me a chance to clean up.

I've seen people get banned for longer than a month for less severe offenses than x-ray (Not necessarily on VillageCraft). Hell, some SMP servers will outright perm ban you for x-ray. It's a serious offense, but you were very honest about it. As such, I think instead of not being able to play VillageCraft for a month or longer, your punishment is that you may continue playing, but you will have to spend the time to replace the gear you lost. If you play often, that might mean it happens pretty quickly. In my opinion, this is a fair alternative. Furthermore, I did supply you with some iron tools so that you wouldn't be starting at the complete bottom of the Minecraft tech tree, and you still have your established base, and whatever is in your /bal, so you certainly aren't starting from nothing at all.

If more staff would like to weigh in on if this is a fair alternative, and if we should replace some or all of the gear, please do. I know Necati and Proper have been playing for a while, that's part of why I opted for an alternative punishment to a longer temporary ban.
Lol next time don't go places you shouldn't be.
BULLSHIEET, KEEP BEING ADVENTUROUS PAL. I COMMEND THIS MAN

Offline Shensley

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 2
  • U Can't Touch This
    • View profile
« Reply #6 on: 20 October 2021, 09:56:09 PM »
In a case when someone is x-raying I think it has to be assumed that all ores, armors, weapons, and so on were obtained via the cheat. If we were to resupply you with the items you said were gathered legit we would have to take your word for it, and being that you're not off to a great start when it comes to trust, I don't think we will be doing that. I think what cyphur did was more then enough when it comes to reimbursement and now you can gather your materials without question as to whether or not they are legit (assuming you don't cheat again). Unless any other staff would like to way in within the next 24hours, appeal will be denied and topic will be locked.

Quote from: PengBunny
link=topic=212.msg32741#msg32741 date=1421280717
they dont let fags become admin

Offline TheLegend12369

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 7
  • I'm not very creative, it is what it is.
    • View profile
« Reply #7 on: 24 October 2021, 08:26:14 PM »
Based on a conversation with several staff, including the staff member who originally discovered the x-ray, we've decided that we will be giving back a few pieces of the armor in question as well as the pickaxe that was taken following your ban. This is a one time courtesy, seeing as your were honest with us about using x-ray, and given that fact that it is difficult to determine what was obtained via x-ray and what was legitimately obtained. Originally, it was our plan to not give any of the items back, given that x-ray is a serious offence and is detrimental to the enjoyment and fairness of the server, but as you have never had a prior offence and you are a relatively long-standing player who has been respectful in the past, we felt that it was fair to give a compromise.

Verdict: Appeal Accepted with compromise
Topic will remain locked, amended from previous verdict.
« Last Edit: 24 October 2021, 08:28:39 PM by TheLegend12369 »