Author Topic: Appeal/Apology  (Read 2858 times)

Offline gamingsquids (OP)

• Member of Parliament
  • New Villager
  • Llamas: 0
    • View profile
Appeal/Apology
« on: 10 November 2021, 12:51:15 AM »
Alright so this is coming from Gamingsquids, A somewhat "chaotic" person on the server I had been on the server for nearly a year and never gotten banned. So why am i here? Why am i in the ban/punishment appeal of the forums or even on forums at all? I'm here because I would like to apologize for my actions on the Villagecraft server and Discord. I was foolish, i wanted to be banned but i could have just asked but now it has escalated so now i feel the need to apologize formally instead of acting like a baby. Although i have autism and adhd that doesnt make what i did right nor forgivable I would also like to apologize to Bahamut for the incident that happened before i was banned and I would like to apologize to Dallas For stressing her out often. I would also like to apologize to magmastrider for the borderline harassment that i performed When he /ignored me in game. I should have left it yet i continued I don't endorse this Nor do i support anyone who does this I would also like to apologize to tinytinajoon and all those players i made quit with my actions For not being a better person/friend Over the months i had been getting addicted to vc which was not healthy for me at all leading to why i was attempting to get banned. I asked naomi one time but she said she wouldnt just do that without reason therefore i was under the impression that no staff would. I truly have learned from my mistakes on the villagecraft server and im not asking to be unbanned as much as im just apologizing if i am unbanned i want to be removed from all my past villages and i would like all my items to be deleted. Even the legit ones. I probably wont be unbanned but i'm still apologizing for my actions. Thank you for reading, Goodbye Villagecraft.
i like frogs

Offline Naomi

• Staff Member | Forum Mod
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 28
  • Lighthouse Obsessed
    • View profile
Re: Appeal/Apology
« Reply #1 on: 10 November 2021, 01:28:53 AM »
I personally appreciate the apology, but you didn't really address what got you banned at all in your appeal. Sure you were warned for harassment and it's good you apologized for that, but you were banned for something pretty bad. And I stand by not banning you when asked. You can't just ban a player who has done nothing wrong. If you felt you shouldn't be playing for whatever reason you should have just not played instead of breaking the rules to get banned.
There are a lot of attitudes going on around here, Don't let me get one.

reasons to vote naomi: second sexiest person on the ballot, slight southern drawl, has won woman of the year every year since 1899 (the mainstream media doesn't want you to know)

vote for naomi idiots

like if you need to me to write out a fully fledged post to persuade you i will, but i just prefer we avoid all that effort and you vote for naomi

Naomi is hot. Hot cm is nice. 8) 8)

• Member of Parliament
  • New Villager
    • View profile
« Reply #2 on: 10 November 2021, 01:31:28 AM »
I personally appreciate the apology, but you didn't really address what got you banned at all in your appeal. Sure you were warned for harassment and it's good you apologized for that, but you were banned for something pretty bad. And I stand by not banning you when asked. You can't just ban a player who has done nothing wrong. If you felt you shouldn't be playing for whatever reason you should have just not played instead of breaking the rules to get banned.
I agree fully but its a bit hard for me which is a me problem not a you problem which is why im not upset about it
i like frogs

Offline OctoGamer

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 22
  • #vc4lyfe
    • View profile
« Reply #3 on: 10 November 2021, 07:54:25 AM »
Not really an appeal but appreciate the apology I guess even tho the issue you were banned for was cheating not really how you acted in discord and chat, at least from what I recall.
you took advantage of a bug and failed to report it and created an unfair advantage for yourself by duping items using features we have for players enjoyment.

Seems like you show some guilt however to how you treated a few players in particular, so id say this "appeal" will be denied most likely but if you do wish to come back to the community and play, which I believe you do, whether that's a good thing for you,(or the server) is up to you i guess.. if im accurate then id maybe try again, if it is denied of course.

(typing this on my phone at work sorry if I missed something or my replies not helpful)
« Last Edit: 10 November 2021, 07:56:56 AM by OctoGamer »

• Member of Parliament
  • New Villager
    • View profile
« Reply #4 on: 10 November 2021, 12:51:06 PM »
Yeah, but im still apologizing for my actions and the toxicity that i still showed even though that wasnt  why i was banned. If i was unbanned i would of course start over again cause i feel that i could have been a better villagecraft member and im mainly just asking for forgiveness and possibly a second chance Of course its totally fine if i wont be able to play, I understand and the villagecraft community may just be better without me.
i like frogs

Offline Cbddallas

• Staff Member
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 23
    • View profile
« Reply #5 on: 10 November 2021, 01:14:50 PM »
I'm not in favor of unbanning you.  You intentionally and knowingly broke the rules on multiple occasions, and I believe that your general attitude towards the server is clear in this exchange that we had on October 29 - during the period of time that you were actively and repeatedly cheating:

We spend a lot of time trying to make the server a fun and healthy place for people to enjoy themselves.  I don't find that you share that goal. 

• Member of Parliament
  • New Villager
    • View profile
« Reply #6 on: 10 November 2021, 01:27:32 PM »
As i said i was confused if i was unbanned from the ride or not It wasn't knowingly I will admit when i was using the glitch that was knowingly and purposely Like i said as for the rollercoaster i didnt know if i was unbanned or not. It literally just let me walk through while i was watching myst ride it I didnt intend on purposely glitching on and its not like i did anything special to get on it it literally just let me right through. As i stated i only went once and i didnt shoot any targets or anything as i was confused and didnt know if i was supposed to be able to go or notStill though i do apologize for that And the only times ive ever cheated on villagecraft is with the item glitch which was my fault and the rollercoaster one which i was confused about. I played villagecraft to have fun with my friends because like i stated i hate being alone. Given the current situation im in irl i usually played on villagecraft for hours at a time trying to distract myself from the things i had going on in real life and sometimes brought those troubles over to vc which i would also change if i was to be unbanned i would most certainly tone down the talking and toxicity and i wont use any glitches or bugs or any of that. My intention on vc is not to break rules its to have fun like a normal player. On vc i never really felt like i was a normal player though i felt like everyday i wasnt wanted but i still played anyways. All of the issues that i had on the server would not be repeated if i was to return. Ultimately its up to staff to decide if i return or not but if i do return there would be changes in my behavior on the server.
i like frogs

• Member of Parliament
  • New Villager
    • View profile
« Reply #7 on: 10 November 2021, 01:28:50 PM »
The glitch i used knowingly was the item glitch btw. just trying to clarify
i like frogs

• Member of Parliament
  • New Villager
    • View profile
« Reply #8 on: 10 November 2021, 01:32:55 PM »
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/904943961662181417/908061493399023686/unknown.png The main reason why i want to be unbanned is to be able to play with my friends on the server which i had been playing for almost a year
i like frogs

Offline Cbddallas

• Staff Member
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #9 on: 10 November 2021, 02:05:05 PM »
You keep saying "almost a year" as if that entitles you to some special treatment.  You joined on January 18 and were banned slightly more than 9 months later.  Also, within minutes of joining you made the following comments:

— 01/18/2021
gamingsquids » HOW THE FUCK DO YOU PLAY THIS GOD DAMN SERVER STOP BICKERING AND JUST ANSWER THE QUESTION
Jump

— 01/18/2021
gamingsquids » COULD YOU TELL ME HOW THE FUCK TO PLAY

— 01/18/2021
gamingsquids » WHERE THE FUCK DO YOU GO

This was fairly typical of your game style, so if you felt unwelcome you should consider your part in that. 

Offline Cbddallas

• Staff Member
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #10 on: 10 November 2021, 02:05:53 PM »
You keep saying "almost a year" as if that entitles you to some special treatment.  You joined on January 18 and were banned slightly more than 9 months later.  Also, within minutes of joining you made the following comments:

— 01/18/2021
gamingsquids » HOW THE FUCK DO YOU PLAY THIS GOD DAMN SERVER STOP BICKERING AND JUST ANSWER THE QUESTION

— 01/18/2021
gamingsquids » COULD YOU TELL ME HOW THE FUCK TO PLAY

— 01/18/2021
gamingsquids » WHERE THE FUCK DO YOU GO

This was fairly typical of your game style, so if you felt unwelcome you should consider your part in that.

• Member of Parliament
  • New Villager
    • View profile
« Reply #11 on: 10 November 2021, 02:11:28 PM »
No im stating the date i joined not asking for special treatment. and i was being ignored by everyone when i was asking how to play. you left out the fact that i had asked 5 other times calmly and something that doesnt have anything to do with you is the fact that i had irl things going on at the time and my temper was quick to annoy which is fully my fault
i like frogs

• Member of Parliament
  • New Villager
    • View profile
« Reply #12 on: 10 November 2021, 02:16:42 PM »
Im not saying any of that is anyone else's fault im saying its my fault and i apologize for that. And also my join date has little to nothing to do with this and i believe this was the 1st or 2nd time i brought my join date up
i like frogs

• Member of Parliament
  • New Villager
    • View profile
« Reply #13 on: 10 November 2021, 02:23:31 PM »
And the rollercoaster didnt really count as far as im concerned because i wasnt given a warning or anything for going on one time
i like frogs

Offline Shensley

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 2
  • U Can't Touch This
    • View profile
« Reply #14 on: 10 November 2021, 03:34:08 PM »
So correct me if I'm wrong, but you purposely cheated so you could get banned because you wanted to stop playing VC? I think that might be a first if that's the case. I think adding that you have autism/adhd has nothing to do with this appeal and if anything was used as an attempt to gain sympathy even though you said it wasn't. In the end of your "appeal" you said that this is more of an apology then appeal, and considering you didn't use correct format I can see that. If you really needed to be banned to stay away from vc then maybe you should stay banned as it's not healthy to be that badly addicted to something. For these reasons I do not believe you should be unbanned. Again though, correct me if I'm wrong.

Quote from: PengBunny
link=topic=212.msg32741#msg32741 date=1421280717
they dont let fags become admin

Offline TheLegend12369

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 7
  • I'm not very creative, it is what it is.
    • View profile
« Reply #15 on: 10 November 2021, 04:12:50 PM »
Although you have had your problems in the past on the server, I believe that when you came back from your break you were a better player in most cases up until the duping. The duping, however, was a very serious offence against the server, not just because it provided you with an unfair advantage but also because you didn't report it to staff and instead continued, repeatedly, to use it, knowing that it was wrong and unintended. You already had previous warnings about harassment and spam in the past, and still thought that it would be okay for you to do the duping. I don't believe for a second that you were purposely trying to get banned, despite the messages that you have sent me in my DMs in the past, which I will refrain from posting publicly. This is often just used by players who are trying to excuse their bad behavior.

In short, I have seen you make progress in the past to become a better player and follow the rules, but until you can give us an honest, truthful and in-depth explanation as to why you cheated and why we should unban you, my answer is no. I would recommend starting a new thread and following the appeal guidelines as well, as that is a great start to showing you care about the server and its rules.

• Member of Parliament
  • New Villager
    • View profile
« Reply #16 on: 10 November 2021, 04:14:16 PM »
I needed to be banned for the moment that is, And the reason why im coming back to the community is because i was asked to by multiple players The reason i wanted to be banned in the first place is because i needed some time off like a few weeks or so. The first time i cheated wasnt on purpose then i started doing it on purpose And its been well known that i have those contitions and i was stating that i DONT want sympathy and that it doesnt matter what i have, my actions were still unacceptable therefore i was banned.
I needed some time away from vc to think and i knew i was just gonna keep coming back unless there were some reinforcements  leading to why i wanted to get banned. I also wanted a fresh new start because as dallas stated i didnt have the best of starts/introduction to vc and i wanted to try again. I know that might be hard to believe but i dont want to be known as "the crazy girl who got banned from vc"
i like frogs

• Member of Parliament
  • New Villager
    • View profile
« Reply #17 on: 10 November 2021, 04:15:49 PM »
Thanks legend, I'll try that
i like frogs

Offline Daypath

• Senator
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 4
  • driftwood!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • View profile
« Reply #18 on: 10 November 2021, 05:12:43 PM »
I know that might be hard to believe but i dont want to be known as "the crazy girl who got banned from vc"

Dw at all I think Kylie's the main person who fits into that category
"I believe in pink capitalism. I only say that because its pink and pink is great" -Bahamut

"My daughter's a dyke but she can speedbridge" -Tina

Offline gerrit70

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 9
  • U all succ
    • View profile
« Reply #19 on: 10 November 2021, 06:22:49 PM »
Although you have had your problems in the past on the server, I believe that when you came back from your break you were a better player in most cases up until the duping. The duping, however, was a very serious offence against the server, not just because it provided you with an unfair advantage but also because you didn't report it to staff and instead continued, repeatedly, to use it, knowing that it was wrong and unintended. You already had previous warnings about harassment and spam in the past, and still thought that it would be okay for you to do the duping. I don't believe for a second that you were purposely trying to get banned, despite the messages that you have sent me in my DMs in the past, which I will refrain from posting publicly. This is often just used by players who are trying to excuse their bad behavior.

In short, I have seen you make progress in the past to become a better player and follow the rules, but until you can give us an honest, truthful and in-depth explanation as to why you cheated and why we should unban you, my answer is no. I would recommend starting a new thread and following the appeal guidelines as well, as that is a great start to showing you care about the server and its rules.

Tacking on to this, it would probably be wise to wait for a little while longer before making that new thread, that way you can really reflect on what you did; and tell the server in-depth why you should be allowed back.
Guh

I'm a huge faggot and I love sucking airs cock.

It is abysmal that any one person would take try to limit the happiness that Gerrit70 has brought to this dull place.

Free Gerrit70 from his chains!

holy fuck gerrit you're autistic.

• Member of Parliament
  • New Villager
    • View profile
« Reply #20 on: 10 November 2021, 10:14:06 PM »

Tacking on to this, it would probably be wise to wait for a little while longer before making that new thread, that way you can really reflect on what you did; and tell the server in-depth why you should be allowed back.
While thats true i've also spent some weeks reflecting already and the main reason i would like to be allowed back is to start fresh. And in case it wasnt clear i was banned for abusing a glitch that gave a unfair advantage. I think i should be allowed back maybe 1 more time if staff decides on it to show that i can behave. You all saw what my last break did and if i was to be unbanned i would probably not play until around the end of december or if im asked by waffles or froggy or other people like tri. IF i was to return i would act like a better player in general. I'm not sure what i sent in legends dms but i deeply apologize for whatever it was i genuinely mean that and i swear i wont do that again. I realize im in the wrong here and that i deserve no sympathy at all. You all can dislike me, fine you have every right to dislike me and think im a horrible person but all im asking is for vc to give me 1 more chance i really love this community which is why i stayed around for so long And i now realize that it was a dumb decision to do what i did. All my everything can be taken away i have no problems about that i'm just hoping to be unbanned. I didnt only cheat cause i wanted to be banned. the other reason why i cheated is because i wanted to be noticed, on the server i thought that people who were richer and had more things got alot of friends and werent lonely, which is something i fear from day to day of course that isnt a good reason to cheat at all but if im unbanned i do swear to follow every rule to the best of my abilities. Also while typing this i have just gone and looked in me and legends dms and oh my god im so sorry legend and all the staff for anything i may have possibly said, thats not me and thats not what  i want to be seen as thus why i wanted a restart. Sorry if none of this makes sense i'm bad at formal typing and nobody here speaks japanese so
i like frogs

Offline luisc99

• Staff Member | Administrator
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 60
    • View profile
« Reply #21 on: 11 November 2021, 04:55:10 AM »
Others have explained in more detail in this thread the reasons surrounding this ban, so I'm going to keep this short and sweet. Also the train I'm writing this on has some truly dreadful WiFi.

While we were close to banning you for your spam/harassment originally, you were ultimately banned for repeatedly exploiting a glitch in an attempt to extract resources you did not legitimately obtain, nor should have been able to obtain them at all in the quantity you did. You used this exploit on multiple accounts, to produce large quantities of items which you sold to other players, building up millions in illegal wealth on your behalf, and causing considerable effort for the rest of staff to clean up after your ban was issued. You did not report this exploit to staff, despite the hourly reminders in chat, but instead took it upon yourself to use it for your own advantage. Based on what you have said in this appeal I am not convinced in the slightest you regret doing so. To say you only cheated because you wanted to be banned is ridiculous. You violated our trust, and are going to have to put in a lot more effort in a future appeal to convince us you should be allowed back on the server.

I've spoken to a reasonable chunk of the staff team, and there has been unanimity in upholding this ban. As such, your appeal has been denied at this time, and you will remain banned.

if i was to be unbanned i would probably not play until around the end of december
As a result of this request, you may not re-appeal for 5 weeks as of today. Any future appeals after the 16th of December should address all the points everyone else has raised in this thread, and show us that you are genuinely sorry.

This thread will be locked in 24 hours unless anyone else has anything to add on.