Author Topic: Never Forget  (Read 12062 times)

Kovos_Datch

Never Forget
« on: 11 September 2012, 07:31:19 AM »
We shall never forget

Offline TheCatsMangler

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: -3
    • View profile
Re: Never Forget
« Reply #1 on: 11 September 2012, 08:48:06 AM »
Forget what? a picture?

Kovos_Datch

« Reply #2 on: 11 September 2012, 11:37:44 AM »
Forget what? a picture?

This is seriously not the thread to troll, Cats. We shall never forget the fateful day when the Twin Towers fell. We shall not forget the heroes that gave their lives to serve this country. We shall not forget the men and women who worked endlessly to dig out survivors at Ground Zero.

You may be too young to remember 9/11. You may not have even been born yet, I really do not know. But it scares me to death that you, a younger generation, do not know about this. If you want to troll, there are other threads to do it on- don't kid around about the countless people who died today many years ago. It is not funny, it is not cute.

Offline JANUARYJONES

• Staff Member | Administrator
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 1
    • View profile
« Reply #3 on: 11 September 2012, 01:19:04 PM »
Don't be too offended by Catty, he is an uneducated child.
Literally.

Offline Akomine

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 666
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
« Reply #4 on: 11 September 2012, 02:30:41 PM »
Let us never forget the 48,644 Afghan and 1,690,903 Iraqi people who paid the ultimate price for a crime they did not commit.

Ako is gay and has superaids - Air

Offline TheCatsMangler

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #5 on: 11 September 2012, 02:53:31 PM »
Well sorry mate I got some corrections one i'm not around the age of 10
2. I'm from England anyway I saw the twin towers i was expecting them to be bigger i'm not the sort of troll guy today 

Offline Islid

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 0
  • Time Traveller Extraordinare
    • View profile
« Reply #6 on: 11 September 2012, 03:04:55 PM »
Let us never forget the 48,644 Afghan and 1,690,903 Iraqi people who paid the ultimate price for a crime they did not commit.

While I don't doubt the legitimacy of your statement, perhaps it should be discussed at a later date. What is being focused on is not the ridiculous, pointless war that followed this tragedy, rather, it is the tragedy itself and the unnecessary loss of life.

I would not step into the funeral of someone's father and point out the fact that they constructed a house for a family in his lifetime that he knew would end up killing the entire family while they slept. Yes, it is a horrible thing of him to do, but that doesn't diminish the positive aspects of his life. It is a similar sentiment here - we're not focusing on those parts right now, that's what we concern ourselves with the other 364 days of the year. This one day is to remember those who lost parts of their family.

I was not very good in my ability to explain patriotism to you, but this could not be a finer example of it. It is possible to celebrate the good (the contributions of those lost in other people's lives) and, for a short period of time at least, try not to worry so much about the bad (the resulting war).

Kovos_Datch

« Reply #7 on: 11 September 2012, 03:37:31 PM »

While I don't doubt the legitimacy of your statement, perhaps it should be discussed at a later date. What is being focused on is not the ridiculous, pointless war that followed this tragedy, rather, it is the tragedy itself and the unnecessary loss of life.

I would not step into the funeral of someone's father and point out the fact that they constructed a house for a family in his lifetime that he knew would end up killing the entire family while they slept. Yes, it is a horrible thing of him to do, but that doesn't diminish the positive aspects of his life. It is a similar sentiment here - we're not focusing on those parts right now, that's what we concern ourselves with the other 364 days of the year. This one day is to remember those who lost parts of their family.

I was not very good in my ability to explain patriotism to you, but this could not be a finer example of it. It is possible to celebrate the good (the contributions of those lost in other people's lives) and, for a short period of time at least, try not to worry so much about the bad (the resulting war).

I am just wondering where he got the numbers from.

Offline Islid

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #8 on: 11 September 2012, 03:51:24 PM »

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110911144701AA2WAsL

Offline Islid

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #9 on: 11 September 2012, 03:57:10 PM »
Although, if we're throwing numbers around, estimates of body counts vary widely, with some outlets reporting over 2 million deaths, and some reporting as few as 40,000. No one really knows what the ACTUAL death toll is because of a nearly complete lack of records in Iraq (due to a broken bureaucracy and heavy lawlessness because of a lack of law enforcement in most parts of the country) and the shifty ways with which people count actual deaths. There have been reports of people trying to inflate the numbers by making "estimates" that ended up being hundreds of thousands of people off.

Kovos_Datch

« Reply #10 on: 11 September 2012, 04:34:01 PM »

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110911144701AA2WAsL

Ah, thanks.

On a side note, and don't take me wrong on this, no words could express my feeling of Patriotism when I heard we got Bin Laden. I truly felt proud to be an American.

Offline TheCatsMangler

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #11 on: 11 September 2012, 05:04:35 PM »
Im not going to speak before stereo types fly out my mouth

Kovos_Datch

« Reply #12 on: 11 September 2012, 05:07:47 PM »
Im not going to speak before stereo types fly out my mouth

Why make a post about it then? It isn't like a conversation where it would be "proper" to say something like that. We can't see you, therefore we don't know your body language.

Offline filletfish314

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #13 on: 11 September 2012, 05:54:53 PM »
never will i ever forget this moment  :(

Offline Akomine

• Cheese
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
« Reply #14 on: 11 September 2012, 06:45:27 PM »
Akomine's comments in blue:

So, today we can only talk about the people who died in the towers? We can't talk about the massive number of innocent people who died in the aftermath? Since when do the deaths on American soil take precedence over the deaths in other countries? Or is it the date - should we only be able to talk about the deaths that happened in and around Sept 11th on any given year? In that case, can we discuss the crimes commited Chile on Sept 11th 1973? Can we discuss the deaths that took place in Iraq and Afghanistan within the 24-hour span of each annual Sept 11th?

I would not step into the funeral of someone's father and point out the fact that they constructed a house for a family in his lifetime that he knew would end up killing the entire family while they slept.

Very strange example. What if it was one of your family members that this murderer killed while they slept? Wouldn't you like your voice in the conversation?

Yes, it is a horrible thing of him to do, but that doesn't diminish the positive aspects of his life.

Almost 3000 people losing their lives in the towers is horrible, but it doesn't mean the hundreds of thousands of other people who lost their lives in the subsequent events don't get to be discussed. Many of them had positive lives and stories to be told as well.

It is a similar sentiment here - we're not focusing on those parts right now, that's what we concern ourselves with the other 364 days of the year. This one day is to remember those who lost parts of their family.

Nope. The world doesn't have to stop for only these 3000 people for a day. There are other tragedies that took place and it is insensitive and unfair to say they don't get discussion on this important date.

I was not very good in my ability to explain patriotism to you, but this could not be a finer example of it.

Self-centered and dangerous ignorance?

It is possible to celebrate the good (the contributions of those lost in other people's lives) and, for a short period of time at least, try not to worry so much about the bad (the resulting war).

I agree! But why limit it to only lives lost on American soil!? Are they more important?

Forget what? a picture?

This is seriously not the thread to troll, Cats. We shall never forget the fateful day when the Twin Towers fell. We shall not forget the heroes that gave their lives to serve this country. We shall not forget the men and women who worked endlessly to dig out survivors at Ground Zero.

I agree; the good and selfless people who dug through the rubble to look for fellow human beings in an attempt to save their lives are indeed heroes.

A facebook quote picture. I later looked it up to learn that it is a conglomerate of multiple estimates. Regardless, whether the number is in the millions or hundreds of thousands isn't really relevant.

My inclusion of non-American-soil deaths is not an attempt to be insensitive of the 2977 innocent people who died in New York, Virginia, and Pennsylvania. It is an attempt to get people to remember that many, many more completely innocent people have died as a result of the following and related events.

So here is a better example for you:
Suppose I had a close friend who died as an innocent civilian in Iraq as a result of the war that took place after Sept 11 2001. And suppose I posted in this thread a few sentences to remember him by. Would you still say "we are talking about the people who died in the towers, not the people who died overseas afterwards"?

Because while I don't have a friend who died there, that is essentially all I did. All I said was: "Let us never forget the 48,644 Afghan and 1,690,903 Iraqi people who paid the ultimate price for a crime they did not commit."

You didn't need to give me so much resistance to my attempt to allow those people to be remembered too. You could have held your peace or added to it. I wish you did remain silent, because your response wasn't okay.

So lets remember EVERYONE innocent who died as a result of both the airplanes making impact with structures, and the entirely related and equally as unfair deaths of those overseas.

Offline Islid

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #15 on: 11 September 2012, 07:34:40 PM »

So, today we can only talk about the people who died in the towers? We can't talk about the massive number of innocent people who died in the aftermath? Since when do the deaths on American soil take precedence over the deaths in other countries? Or is it the date - should we only be able to talk about the deaths that happened in and around Sept 11th on any given year? In that case, can we discuss the crimes commited Chile on Sept 11th 1973? Can we discuss the deaths that took place in Iraq and Afghanistan within the 24-hour span of each annual Sept 11th?

I would not step into the funeral of someone's father and point out the fact that they constructed a house for a family in his lifetime that he knew would end up killing the entire family while they slept.

Very strange example. What if it was one of your family members that this murderer killed while they slept? Wouldn't you like your voice in the conversation?

Yes, it is a horrible thing of him to do, but that doesn't diminish the positive aspects of his life.

Almost 3000 people losing their lives in the towers is horrible, but it doesn't mean the hundreds of thousands of other people who lost their lives in the subsequent events don't get to be discussed. Many of them had positive lives and stories to be told as well.

It is a similar sentiment here - we're not focusing on those parts right now, that's what we concern ourselves with the other 364 days of the year. This one day is to remember those who lost parts of their family.

Nope. The world doesn't have to stop for only these 3000 people for a day. There are other tragedies that took place and it is insensitive and unfair to say they don't get discussion on this important date.

I was not very good in my ability to explain patriotism to you, but this could not be a finer example of it.

Self-centered and dangerous ignorance?

It is possible to celebrate the good (the contributions of those lost in other people's lives) and, for a short period of time at least, try not to worry so much about the bad (the resulting war).

I agree! But why limit it to only lives lost on American soil!? Are they more important?

Forget what? a picture?

I agree; the good and selfless people who dug through the rubble to look for fellow human beings in an attempt to save their lives are indeed heroes.

A facebook quote picture. I later looked it up to learn that it is a conglomerate of multiple estimates. Regardless, whether the number is in the millions or hundreds of thousands isn't really relevant.

My inclusion of non-American-soil deaths is not an attempt to be insensitive of the 2977 innocent people who died in New York, Virginia, and Pennsylvania. It is an attempt to get people to remember that many, many more completely innocent people have died as a result of the following and related events.

So here is a better example for you:
Suppose I had a close friend who died as an innocent civilian in Iraq as a result of the war that took place after Sept 11 2001. And suppose I posted in this thread a few sentences to remember him by. Would you still say "we are talking about the people who died in the towers, not the people who died overseas afterwards"?

Because while I don't have a friend who died there, that is essentially all I did. All I said was: "Let us never forget the 48,644 Afghan and 1,690,903 Iraqi people who paid the ultimate price for a crime they did not commit."

You didn't need to give me so much resistance to my attempt to allow those people to be remembered too. You could have held your peace or added to it. I wish you did remain silent, because your response wasn't okay.

So lets remember EVERYONE innocent who died as a result of both the airplanes making impact with structures, and the entirely related and equally as unfair deaths of those overseas.

The problem with all of this is that you're still focusing on everything, when the event is not intended to remember everything. Like I said before, I don't necessarily think it's RIGHT, but it is an AMERICAN "holiday", to celebrate AMERICAN lives, and worry about the AMERICAN families left behind.

I don't expect you to understand the patriotic aspect of this, simply by virtue of you not being American. It probably makes zero sense, and is the most illogical thing in the world to you. It probably looks selfish, stupid, hypocritical, and a thousand other things that I can't even begin to think of right now.

The point is, it means something to America that it doesn't mean to anyone else. To analyze it from any other perspective is bound to be a flawed analysis, simply by virtue of it being a different perspective.

With all due respect, I would appreciate it if you could, instead of picking apart and ridiculing a holiday for which you have no actual innate understanding, just respect it by remaining silent and allowing those who need to grieve, to do so. It's meaning stretches much deeper than any numbers of those lost, or anything of that nature can hope to explain. There is no language to understand it, because such things don't have a language.

If you really insist on picking things like this apart, which you are quite prone to doing (given our prior discussion about the police force), please wait until tomorrow, when the event has passed, and I would be more than happy to have discussions at great length with you regarding this and many other subjects. Is that a fair enough request?

Offline Airbongo

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 69
  • Eh, what's up, doc?
    • View profile
« Reply #16 on: 11 September 2012, 08:07:16 PM »

Kovos_Datch

« Reply #17 on: 11 September 2012, 08:15:00 PM »
First off, I think we all need to cool down a bit  8)

Now then,

I don't think it is wrong to talk about the innocents that died overseas. I don't believe it was right for them to die for others' actions. However, that is not the point of this "holiday" (I shudder to even call it that because of the horrendous occasion). What you are basically saying is "Let's celebrate Jesus' birth on Kwanza". The purpose of the "holiday" is to remember the fateful day and the heroes that gave their lives trying to help others. Is it that Americans are more important? No. It is, or so I believe, because it is closer to home. It is because it impacted us more and, quite sadly I might add, overshadowed the other deaths.

Also, the world does not have to stop for those 3000 people. I don't think anyone here really said it did. It is for AMERICA, not the whole world. I did not make this thread to shove this "holiday" on anyone; I was really aiming at Americans here. That being said, if this event reminds you of those innocent that died overseas, so be it. It is good that they are recognized. However, that is not the point of this AMERICAN "holiday".

We can remember EVERYONE; that is fine. Is it unfair that they got overshadowed? Yes and no. It is in a universal sense, yet, like I said before, the Twin Towers' death toll hit closer to home. It is basic psychology that I can relate more to a dead American than I can a dead Iraqi. That may seem harsh, but it is true. I don't want to come off as a racist or anything like that because I am not; I am just saying that I can relate more to someone that lives closer and more like me rather than someone overseas that practices a different religion, lives different, looks different, etc. etc.

Now, Ako, I understand where you are coming from. Islid, I also see what you are saying. You both pose valid points. However, Ako, this is an American "holiday". Let us remember. We can remember the other deaths.... but let us have this day for OUR people. I do not believe this "holiday" downplays the other deaths, I just think it raises the ones on our soil. If the Iraqis want to have a day for their innocent deaths on this day, let them. If the Chileans want to have a day for their tragedy, let them. But please, let us have our day as well.

Thanks for reading and posing good points.... all of you.

Offline JANUARYJONES

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #18 on: 11 September 2012, 08:19:51 PM »
Wow, Islid. Wow.

Offline Akomine

• Cheese
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
« Reply #19 on: 11 September 2012, 08:49:39 PM »
I don't even know how to respond to you, Islid. I'll say that upon reading it I was extremely pissed. Blood boiling.

So, if the date of September 11th is so god damn fucking AMERICAN that I don't even get to have a voice, then fuck you.
Canadians (24 of them) died in those towers and planes too, asshole. And yes, I don't normally say this to people, but you are actually being a complete asshole in this instance.

AMERICANS don't get to claim this day for themselves and only themselves. Period.
I never stopped you from remembering those in the towers, I just mentioned that people in Iraq and Afghanistan died too. Kovos is truthful in saying that while he doesn't connect to the deaths of Iraqis as well as he does to the deaths of Americans, he too agrees that remembering them is perfectly fine.

I never picked on, ridiculed, or attacked your "holiday". I just mentioned something other than the towers. I'm not sorry that I'm not an AMERICAN and don't have your inate AMERICAN understanding of it. I disagree that you AMERICANS get to claim it as an AMERICAN "holiday", because of reasons already stated, and because people from almost 60 other countries died in the Sept 11 2001 incidents that day.

Yes, it means something to many AMERICANS, but it also means a shitload to a lot of non-AMERICANS. So stop being so fucking rude to me, and let me post this in peace, just like anyone else can do in this thread.

I am allowed to say this on this date because of my 'inate Canadian understanding' that all human beings matter, not just those from my country. Also, 24 Canadians died on Sept 11 2001, so I hereby claim this as a Canadian "holiday" where everyone from any country or place gets to talk about any aspect of the events in any way they see fit. Simple as that. Now piss off.

Kovos_Datch

« Reply #20 on: 11 September 2012, 08:54:41 PM »
Guys, I really think we all need to calm down.

Islid, just let this go.
Ako, calm down dude.

Like I said, I agree with both of you. It is American, but we also should remember everyone else that suffered. Like I said, if they want a day, let them have one  :)

Offline Akomine

• Cheese
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
« Reply #21 on: 11 September 2012, 08:59:11 PM »
Alright Kovos. I just had to respond to him attacking me unfairly when all I was trying to do was be inclusive.
I happen to know an American who isn't too happy with Islid's comments...
And a Mexican Spaniard...
And a friend from the UAE...
And several Canadians...
« Last Edit: 11 September 2012, 09:03:27 PM by Akomine »

Offline Lycoris

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • Artificially Intelligent Data Anomaly
    • View profile
« Reply #22 on: 11 September 2012, 09:01:34 PM »
Simmer down Y'all.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. However, Like politics you should keep those opinions silent when the need arises.

Also, This isn't just an American "Holiday" The WTC was the finance capital of the world at the time. So it makes sense that alot of people were effected by this not discriminating by race or location or etc.

Also, I feel that it would be respectful to at-least acknowledge the deaths of all the Afghanistan and Iraqi people. Some were innocent bystandards, Some were trying to hurt others.

But a life is a life is a life.

Respect human life.

That it mang

Swatted away by the world, I was atop an incredibly thin needle.
I was using the tips of my fingers to balance,
But it wasn’t until they touched you that I learned I wasn’t alone;
That alone bestowed upon me these crooked wings.
“What do you want to accomplish between life and death,” I asked,
But all you did was laugh, like an angel.
Weaving through the spaces of the hordes of buildings burning in the summer heat,
We’ll eventually descend, pulling that trigger at the very end.
And winter will cover everything.

Offline Akomine

• Cheese
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
« Reply #23 on: 11 September 2012, 09:04:57 PM »
Simmer down Y'all.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. However, Like politics you should keep those opinions silent when the need arises.

Also, This isn't just an American "Holiday" The WTC was the finance capital of the world at the time. So it makes sense that alot of people were effected by this not discriminating by race or location or etc.

Also, I feel that it would be respectful to at-least acknowledge the deaths of all the Afghanistan and Iraqi people. Some were innocent bystandards, Some were trying to hurt others.

Respect human life.

That it mang

Thank you. Well said.

Kovos_Datch

« Reply #24 on: 11 September 2012, 09:05:10 PM »
Alright Kovos. I just had to respond to him attacking me unfairly when all I was trying to do was be inclusive.
I happen to know an American who isn't too happy with Islid's comments...
And a Mexican...
And a friend from the UAE...
And several Canadians...

Thank you.

I hate to roast Islid about at this (I am not here to bash you Islid), but I think he could have phased everything a bit better. I understood what he was saying (because I am American), but it did come across as harsh.... even brazen. I do support some of the stuff he said, like patriotism and how some people don't understand it, but it doesn't mean I agree with how it was said.

It's not that I am unhappy with what Islid said, I was just a little disenchanted with the way it was set about.

Again, thanks for cooling off Ako. Islid, you might want to take a breather too.

P.S. I see what you edited Ako, and it made me laugh.

Simmer down Y'all.

Respect human life.

That it mang

You pose some very good points indeed!

Offline Islid

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #25 on: 12 September 2012, 12:35:00 AM »
In my defense, I was not the one that came in here and began to poke a wound repeatedly with a stick because he felt entitled to point out everything wrong with it. I repeatedly said to you that I acknowledge your very legitimate points, and I DID SAY that I was focusing on a specific aspect of the events.

It's fine and dandy to bring up controversial points, but when you do that, you have to expect a controversial response. So, I'm sorry that you're offended by my post, but in return I was incredibly offended by your insistence in focusing on something that the holiday was, quite simply, not intended to represent.

No, I don't agree that it should be just American. Yes, I think it should include everyone. Yes, I feel for all of those who died, not just Americans, but those of any nationality - we are all humans after all, and one's nationality should have zero bearing on the fact that a life was lost. My intention of posting what I did was to point out that the overarching view of the holiday, at least by the vast majority of those meditating on it right now, is that it's not about everyone, it's about a specific group.

To summarize what I have said in ALL of my posts, NO. I DO NOT THINK IT IS RIGHT THAT IT IS THIS WAY. I DO NOT AGREE WITH IT. I AM JUST STATING HOW IT IS, IN (hopefully) AS OBJECTIVE A MANNER AS POSSIBLE.

It seems I have failed in that last aspect, and for THAT, and THAT ALONE, I can apologize.

Offline Islid

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #26 on: 12 September 2012, 12:48:28 AM »
In my defense, I was not the one that came in here and began to poke a wound repeatedly with a stick because he felt entitled to point out everything wrong with it. I repeatedly said to you that I acknowledge your very legitimate points, and I DID SAY that I was focusing on a specific aspect of the events.

It's fine and dandy to bring up controversial points, but when you do that, you have to expect a controversial response. So, I'm sorry that you're offended by my post, but in return I was incredibly offended by your insistence in focusing on something that the holiday was, quite simply, not intended to represent.

No, I don't agree that it should be just American. Yes, I think it should include everyone. Yes, I feel for all of those who died, not just Americans, but those of any nationality - we are all humans after all, and one's nationality should have zero bearing on the fact that a life was lost. My intention of posting what I did was to point out that the overarching view of the holiday, at least by the vast majority of those meditating on it right now, is that it's not about everyone, it's about a specific group.

To summarize what I have said in ALL of my posts, NO. I DO NOT THINK IT IS RIGHT THAT IT IS THIS WAY. I DO NOT AGREE WITH IT. I AM JUST STATING HOW IT IS, IN (hopefully) AS OBJECTIVE A MANNER AS POSSIBLE.

It seems I have failed in that last aspect, and for THAT, and THAT ALONE, I can apologize.

And, for FURTHER clarification of my FURTHER comments, I would like to point out that I have simply presented a controversial view in exchange for a controversial view. There are a good deal of people that would probably, at the very least, never associated with someone who said something like Ako did. Obviously, that's a silly and stupid thing to do, since his point is perfectly valid, but it was merely my concern that out of a lack of understanding from both points of view, there would be a problem amongst someone else and others who mentioned those who weren't actually involved in the event itself.

It seems that, due to improperly clarifying the details of the stage I was using to present my original topic on, instead choosing to charge through in the interest of providing a topic of thought, I've unintentionally caused the very fight that I was trying to avoid. And for that, I sincerely apologize.

I cannot apologize for bringing up the point itself, though, because there ARE actually people that think like this, and it DOES need to be addressed.

Offline Fuzzy_Yeti_69

• Cheese
  • The original Jedi Panda
    • View profile
« Reply #27 on: 12 September 2012, 01:34:25 AM »
I see that it was such a tragic event, and I see that a lot of people died
I just don't get why it continues to get a day to remember every year
Especially considering more people die in America annually from gunshot wounds

Again, I mean no disrespect to those living or dead, by posting this.

Offline Fuzzy_Yeti_69

• Cheese
  • The original Jedi Panda
    • View profile
« Reply #28 on: 12 September 2012, 01:44:58 AM »
Also, read this; http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20120116235904AAySULl

Inb4 Tldr (That means you, Air!  ;))

Offline Islid

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #29 on: 12 September 2012, 03:12:25 AM »
For final clarification of anyone reading, I do want to make clear ONE FINAL TIME that this was an instance of playing devil's advocate that, due to several poor decisions in a row by myself, went horribly wrong. I had a lengthy discussion with Ako about it and he now thinks I am thoroughly weird, which I guess is sort of expected, lol.

Sorry for all of that confusion and turmoil, lol. I'll be much more careful next time.

Kovos_Datch

« Reply #30 on: 12 September 2012, 07:32:43 AM »
I see that it was such a tragic event, and I see that a lot of people died
I just don't get why it continues to get a day to remember every year
Especially considering more people die in America annually from gunshot wounds

Again, I mean no disrespect to those living or dead, by posting this.

Of course more people die of gunshot wounds every year. People have more access to guns; therefore the statistic of gunshot wounds to Twin Towers would be higher. It's not like the Twin Towers got rebuilt every year so another terrorist sect could come blow it up for a higher statistic. Of course the gun shot wounds would be higher because they are all separate events. They can happen over and over as compared to the Twin Towers coming down.

I am just saying the "especially considering more people die in America annually from gunshot wounds" is a pretty moot point when you actually think about the events and the statistics.