Author Topic: Being a junior...  (Read 3688 times)

Offline Islid (OP)

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 0
  • Time Traveller Extraordinare
    • View profile
Being a junior...
« on: 25 September 2012, 06:48:53 AM »
Well, you guys may or may not have noticed my recent disappearance, which is almost entirely (like, 95%) attributed to the fact that, as a Junior, my course load has increased tenfold because of the sudden sharp increase in difficulty of the music classes I'm taking, combined with an attempt to earn the school NASM certification, as well as an entire recital that I have to plan for myself, perform 30 minutes of music in, and plan a reception for afterwards (a good three hour event, when it's all put together).

I'm looking at getting the schedule smoothed out a bit more over the next few weeks, which should give me some more free time, although I have joined two new choirs since last year so we'll see about that. :P Needless to say, I've been singing so much that my throat is almost constantly tired. Yep, being a music major really seems like a good idea now...

tl;dr - I'll be back soon. Don't miss me too much.

~ Islid

P.S. - I can still be caught on skype, and I'll probably pop into Villagecraft People chat occasionally, as well as to talk to a few people individually. I ALWAYS have my chat set to invisible, but I have it on more often than not lately so feel free to shoot me a message if you want to chat it up or something, and I'll probably respond. If you don't have my skype, ask around, someone else probably does. :P

Offline TheCatsMangler

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: -3
    • View profile
Re: Being a junior...
« Reply #1 on: 25 September 2012, 07:09:43 AM »
Ok have a good one!  :)You'll be rich before you know it, intill you get out of stock
I hope you good luck!

Kovos_Datch

« Reply #2 on: 25 September 2012, 07:25:38 AM »
Yo, dawg, Islid, man,

We have been missing you in VC!!!!! I have heard plenty of people ask "Where's Islid?" Dude, you really need to hurry up and get this crap sorted out.

P.S. I am soooooo looking forward to the jump in course work next school year. (And when I say "so looking forward to it", I mean I am not looking forward to it at all).

Offline Akomine

• Staff Member | Administrator
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 666
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
« Reply #3 on: 26 September 2012, 02:30:21 AM »
Islid, drop out and get back on VC.

Ako is gay and has superaids - Air

Kovos_Datch

« Reply #4 on: 26 September 2012, 07:23:40 AM »
Islid, drop out and get back on VC.

Yeah, just do that ^

Who needs a job anyways?  :D

Offline TheCatsMangler

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: -3
    • View profile
« Reply #5 on: 26 September 2012, 12:08:58 PM »
Islid stuff, islid Stuff

Offline Lycoris

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • Artificially Intelligent Data Anomaly
    • View profile
« Reply #6 on: 28 September 2012, 10:31:42 AM »
Stop dilly-dalling around. Seriously this is a bunch of fiddlefattle.
Get your lazy texan butt on VC

Swatted away by the world, I was atop an incredibly thin needle.
I was using the tips of my fingers to balance,
But it wasn’t until they touched you that I learned I wasn’t alone;
That alone bestowed upon me these crooked wings.
“What do you want to accomplish between life and death,” I asked,
But all you did was laugh, like an angel.
Weaving through the spaces of the hordes of buildings burning in the summer heat,
We’ll eventually descend, pulling that trigger at the very end.
And winter will cover everything.

Offline Islid (OP)

• Cheese
  • Time Traveller Extraordinare
    • View profile
« Reply #7 on: 3 October 2012, 12:43:09 AM »
Lol, sorry, guys, it's getting super busy. I've been asked to get involved with a research project about iPad apps in the classroom, I'm scheduling an entire club's visit to a massive convention in February (as well as coordinating a presentation I'll be giving at that same convention, TMEA), and I'm a TA in two courses in addition to my 18-hour workload and the three extra-curricular choirs I'm a part of in order to make enough money to put myself through college. I've barely got time to sleep!

I'm hoping this lays off soon, since we've got a concert on the 7th for one of the choirs that I spend a large chunk of time with, so maybe I'll find myself with a few hours to spare every couple of days.

Kovos_Datch

« Reply #8 on: 3 October 2012, 06:21:02 AM »
Lol, sorry, guys, it's getting super busy. I've been asked to get involved with a research project about iPad apps in the classroom, I'm scheduling an entire club's visit to a massive convention in February (as well as coordinating a presentation I'll be giving at that same convention, TMEA), and I'm a TA in two courses in addition to my 18-hour workload and the three extra-curricular choirs I'm a part of in order to make enough money to put myself through college. I've barely got time to sleep!

I'm hoping this lays off soon, since we've got a concert on the 7th for one of the choirs that I spend a large chunk of time with, so maybe I'll find myself with a few hours to spare every couple of days.

My college gave out free iPads to freshman last year to see how they help facilitate learning. I can tell you first hand that it didn't  ::)