Author Topic: CJ stopping us from using the End?  (Read 4559 times)

Offline ChaosMushrooms (OP)

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 0
  • ckiens
    • View profile
CJ stopping us from using the End?
« on: 25 November 2012, 04:05:52 PM »
Me and Luisc99 were peacefully building a public enderman spawner in the end when suddenly CJ came along and killed us many times. We don't know the reason and would like to find out. I can provide evidence if needed and/or witnesses.

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • ckiens
    • View profile
Re: CJ stopping us from using the End?
« Reply #1 on: 25 November 2012, 04:30:20 PM »
He now tells us that he doesn't like End spawners and that he thinks we got the idea from Rainy who doesn't even come on the server anymore. Also, he denys griefing us when he clearly did by killing us repetitively. 

Offline Akomine

• Staff Member | Administrator
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 666
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
« Reply #2 on: 25 November 2012, 04:54:12 PM »
Hi there. The End is currently in a grey area in terms of rules.
The End is unprotected and has PVP-ON, and I have always refused to protect anything in The End.

This means that The End has always been like a permanent Outlands. That means no griefing in-use structures, but PVP is on.
The rules of The End are changing VERY SOON, however, with more info on that to be posted today.

Regardless, in terms of this conflict: unless CJ broke blocks, I'd say he didn't grief. Furthermore, CJ isn't preventing you from "using The End", he is just PVPing you. You have the option to fight or flee. He is not punishing you. He is just fighting you (in survival mode like everyone else), regardless of his status as Staff or not.

Ako is gay and has superaids - Air

Offline cjm721

• [FORUM BANNED]
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #3 on: 25 November 2012, 06:06:01 PM »
Me and Luisc99 were peacefully building a public enderman spawner in the end when suddenly CJ came along and killed us many times. We don't know the reason and would like to find out. I can provide evidence if needed and/or witnesses.

First off:
You broke no rules. I broke no rules.

That spawner you build right next to I have a home at, and all those cobblestone lines from one to the next are also by me. So finding you was just a simple run around see what was new.

Now as for killing you two. I came down killed you then L___ came on or /home don't know which and killed him also. You both chose to /back (know this because you cant talk while dead so had to of spawned somewhere else not to mention no beds). I will put an emphasis on your choice to come back. I broke no blocks in the area nor did i add any. As for the killing you part since you chose to come back your death in on yourself.

Now as for the reason why. All go back to rainy. I was at mine and then via an accidental command rainy got teleported to me and started  the whole fit about my spawner and people started making their own (broke no rules, but up until that point no one else on the server had thought of it or seen anything like it). This really annoyed me because they got the idea from me and only thing they gave me back was a hissy fit about how unfair it was. So I grab my bow a few stacks of cobble and made my way to their spawners and killed him and would not let them build as long as I was on. From then on every other spawner has received the same treatment.

Offline cjm721

• [FORUM BANNED]
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #4 on: 25 November 2012, 07:14:17 PM »
Also like to add on to the last (separate post to bumb unread posts).

The staff play mostly like every other member of VC. We have more rules to follow then the normal member on top of the ones you all follow. Most of the time we just want to play like everyone else. None of us get paid to be staff, we give our time to everyone on the server to keep things running smoothly as possible.

With all of that said just because I am a member of staff and I kill you does not mean you are going to be banned/punished (ie jailed/tempban/fined), nor do we use commands which normal players can't to our advantage (Think of all staff as Gold VIP). Personally one of the things I find most fun is PVP because people are the hardest opponents, and killing anyone I see has the chance of them coming back and killing me (or teaming up with other people also).

Villagecraft has a very interesting dynamic of PVP/PVE mix which allows people at times to always stay in a PVP off area and let you get supplies and other materials without having to worry about being killed, but when you step into a pvp area you have to be ready to lose everything you have to someone else (within the rules of VC). As Ako stated the end has always been a pvp on place and we are finality going with no rules (besides those that would effect cross world, spam, hacking, etc) which we voted on a while ago to see public opinion.

Kovos_Datch

« Reply #5 on: 25 November 2012, 09:32:16 PM »
Why does everything happen when I take a day off to actually do work?

Chaos, it seems that you were not punished (or so I assume), so there is nothing to really "fix". If CJ did not break any blocks, you can't really tag him with grief. It seems that CJ only killed you 3 time in an acceptable range of time. This means Cj wasn't spawn killing you or anything like that.

I'm going to need a bit more info from you if you want me to understand what you want done.

As for you, CJ, I understand you dislike ender farms. Just settle down a bit.

I will leave this thread open if either of you want to give me any more info.

Thanks.

Offline cjm721

• [FORUM BANNED]
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #6 on: 25 November 2012, 09:47:50 PM »

Chaos, it seems that you were not punished (or so I assume), so there is nothing to really "fix". If CJ did not break any blocks, you can't really tag him with grief. It seems that CJ only killed you 3 time in an acceptable range of time. This means Cj wasn't spawn killing you or anything like that.

I'm going to need a bit more info from you if you want me to understand what you want done.

Thanks.

Settle down over what? I am not going to stop doing that is allowed. Did you not read the one thing that staff are players to if i want to kill anyone who enters an area (as long as anyone who is in that area is not stuck) why should I stop. I am not going to stop doing something that is allowed just because someone cries about getting killed all that does is make people think they can come crying to the forums to get people to stop.

That ends here. No rules broken = no action taken.

Kovos_Datch

« Reply #7 on: 25 November 2012, 10:07:07 PM »

Thanks.

Settle down over what? I am not going to stop doing that is allowed. Did you not read the one thing that staff are players to if i want to kill anyone who enters an area (as long as anyone who is in that area is not stuck) why should I stop. I am not going to stop doing something that is allowed just because someone cries about getting killed all that does is make people think they can come crying to the forums to get people to stop.

I didn't say stop. Quit making this out to be something that it isn't. I only asked you to settle down; that doesn't mean cut it out. I don't WANT any action taken because no action SHOULD be taken. I only request you settle down a bit... that also means you don't have to obey it. I'm not demanding anything.... I'm merely asking kindly.

Offline cjm721

• [FORUM BANNED]
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #8 on: 25 November 2012, 10:18:52 PM »

Thanks.

I didn't say stop. Quit making this out to be something that it isn't. I only asked you to settle down; that doesn't mean cut it out. I don't WANT any action taken because no action SHOULD be taken. I only request you settle down a bit... that also means you don't have to obey it. I'm not demanding anything.... I'm merely asking kindly.

"As for you, CJ, I understand you dislike ender farms. Just settle down a bit."

Considering it a pretty black and white situation either he is dead or he is not.

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • ckiens
    • View profile
« Reply #9 on: 26 November 2012, 10:43:27 AM »
Alright, guys, I understand that neither of us did anything wrong and I hope that this can be ended now. I was just a little annoyed that I wasn't even allowed to enter something that I put time and resources into without being killed. That is all.
That ends here.
As for that, I see what you did there.

Kovos_Datch

« Reply #10 on: 26 November 2012, 10:50:49 AM »
Considering no action was taken or punishment extracted (as there were no rules broken), I am now locking this thread.

Topic Locked