Author Topic: ***The Dark Kingdom***  (Read 5149 times)

Offline DarkenedAngel (OP)

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 0
    • View profile
***The Dark Kingdom***
« on: 6 March 2012, 10:26:37 AM »
Many of you may not know that i have a castle/medieval themed village started so this thread is to let you guys know about it as well as to get some possible input, suggestions, future villagers, and who knows wut else.

First things first, THE NAME. I am not sure wut to name this village right now and am looking for inspiration/suggestions because i instantly wanna go with something related to my name but i want this to be a good place and not an evil one. So if you have any ideas or suggestions let me know.

Right now all i have done is a MASSIVE main building castle and outer wall which really is not done at all and is just the basic structure. This building consist (or will) of 4 towers on the corners to keep an eye on the village, 4 LARGE squarish areas between those which will have "apartments" for those who do not wish to buy a house/shop or be a soldier/knight (more on that later), a library/garden, Main entrance, possible public kitchen and storage area, A MASSIVE central chamber which will be used for any parties, dinning, entertainment, or general badassory, a large tower is atop the center which i may rent out large circular rooms which have a nice view and my chambers/lab at the top (after we update to 1.2 i might renovate and make it much much taller), and lastly there might be some more space added to the second lvl of the castle for more rooms or other spaces if needed/suggested.

The castle will be protected by a large wall with working portcullises, draw bridges (only the main gate is done right now), 4 or more towers, possible working cannons, and the good old mote. I have thought about covering the outer side of the wall in lava as well. pvp and building is off within the walls but after we get some more villagers this might be changed. We may possibly have an army if ppl are interested (more on this later)

Enough about wut is done and onto wut i would like to happen.

My plan for this village is to get more then just myself involved in the building process making it that much more of a unique village. Structures will have to fit in with the theme however looking medievalish and using some of the similar blocks in the main structure and i will have final say on weather a building fits in or is good enough and can tweak things if necessary (i am not the best at MC so wut you come up with will most likely be fine).

The way you will be allowed to build is after i build roads in the village i will then divide the area into lots at which point you can perches a lot from me and build a house or a shop (still more to come). Other structures would need to be discuses about beforehand.

This village will need to feel like a real town there for will need all the shops you would find. So if you want to build a shop you can request which kinda shop you would like to build and then choose weather it will be a server shop like one from the market or one that you stock yourself and can possibly make some money. I would also encourage you to build a second lvl below or above and build your living space/apartment (which i might let you resell) there so that you wont have to buy 2 lots (if you wish to have a shop and a house i might go half off on the second lot).

We will need the following shops built:
Black smith
bakery
block shop (will have to be a server shop)
potion/magic shop
Stable?
Mining shop (ores and wut not)
Pawn shop
Farm shop/land (more later)
and anything i am missing lol

So if you would like to run one of these let me know. Also, those of you who get involved early on and help farm the blocks and resources needed to finish the buildings and walls not apart of your lot could have you lot fees waved :~D

If the need arises that we need more land then is currently within the walls i might ask the admins to extend the village protection past the walls (or make it separate) to allow more lots and farm land around the kingdom that will be cheaper because it is not as well protected. If we somehow get so many ppl that this is necessary we can build another outer wall to protect this as well.

As i said before there might be an army involved with this village and we will need soldiers. If you wanna be apart of the army and probably be called a knight let me know. If there is an interest in this then all soldier/knights will be given a basic apartment in the main building, possible salary (might have to charge a small tax like a normal kingdom for this :~P), possible access to places normal villagers wont have (amazing exp farm ect...), possibly be fitted with armor and potions at times of war/battle, be required to protect villagers as well as keep them in line, and if we get enough ppl hunt down griefers, raid other towns (if agreed because i think that is in the rules), and/or be apart of village wars. I believe this would be the first village on the server that would be possible to fight in a server war but if we can get more members to join the server this could be really fun having 2-3 other village armies. If this really takes off we can go into more details in an army discussion about ranks, roles/classes, and wut not. Or this idea will be rejected and it wont happen lol.

I believe this is enough to get the ball rolling on my village. I have said a lot so feel free to post and comments, concerns, or questions in this thread or /m dark in game. If you would like to request/reserve a shop or lot now let me know here or in game as well. The sooner you get involved in the construction of the village the more impact you will probably have on it.

I am sure this is really messy and hard to understand seeming how i am writing this after a night of no sleep so i will probably be editing this post to try and clean stuff up and add ppls suggestions.
« Last Edit: 6 March 2012, 11:19:31 AM by DarkenedAngel »

Offline huntman0697

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
    • View profile
Re: ***The Dark Kingdom***
« Reply #1 on: 6 March 2012, 12:37:29 PM »
What about darkness castle? Seems fitting. Wouldnt mind helping out since Arcania already has its own army and would be cool to team up

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #2 on: 6 March 2012, 12:43:54 PM »
How would you like to help? farm resources? build a shop or house? i guess not be a soldier seeming how you have an army.

Offline huntman0697

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #3 on: 6 March 2012, 12:46:36 PM »
I can do any of those including soldier if you want I like building and fighting XD in a day or so we will have a house and my computer back so that's when I can get on and help. I particularly prefer training the troops looked up some bad ass moves on the forums that could've cool to try

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #4 on: 6 March 2012, 12:53:55 PM »
ok... well getting resources is the first thing that really needs to be done so that we can do all the other stuff... I need obsidian to cap the wall, nether brick, and prob glow stone. In order to start selling lots i need to get the road started which i don't think will be to hard. Once the lots are laid out then it is just finishing the main building so that there are apartments and wut not in it. I am going to be gone for awhile and can think of a plan of attack on how to get stuff done maybe... might have to put my other project on hold... lets see who all is interested first.

The army stuff will come later if we get enough "volunteers" lol

Offline huntman0697

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #5 on: 6 March 2012, 12:57:29 PM »
Not sure why we would need tough resources considering you can't break stuff in a village if your to a member lol shouldn't be too hard getting volunteers see if my guys can help too. Definately would give us something to do lol.

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #6 on: 6 March 2012, 01:01:31 PM »
I don't want it because it is hard to break... i want it for the look. The main blocks of the village are nether brick, stone brick (smooth stone brick?), and obsidian. Also plan on using alot of glow stone for lighting over torches... maybe some fire. The houses and shops i hope will have some wood worked into them as well. I would like some of the first 3 blocks included in most builds to give the village a nice look.

Offline huntman0697

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #7 on: 6 March 2012, 01:02:53 PM »
Ahhh I see now. That would be one badass village :) might do the same for fort Arcania lol

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #8 on: 6 March 2012, 01:06:48 PM »
you can see wut is all there on the map... the farm i have set up will be moved... but you can see the main building the walls (which i might make taller) and the area in them. Just head north east of spawn... i think... on the map it is p and to the left lol...

can't go online right now going to leave any min and i don't think you can get in unless you find a sneaky way that i need to fix lol.

Offline huntman0697

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #9 on: 6 March 2012, 01:09:28 PM »
Build below me and sprint jump? Might work not sure though if it's possible it's a easy fix just have walls 5 or 6 blocks from the border

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #10 on: 6 March 2012, 04:08:22 PM »
can't build close to my walls.... and they are 4 nether brick and then obsidian.... thinking about making it higher for looks even.

Offline huntman0697

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #11 on: 6 March 2012, 04:55:46 PM »
Higher is better even though it's a bit pricey. Walls always look cooler when taller :)

Offline cayrat

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #12 on: 7 March 2012, 12:15:25 PM »
I will help with basically anything, from running something or helping with some touch-ups. So count me in, or am i helping with this already..... or is that something else? Oh well, i'm here if you need anything. :)
"Everyone is crazy, some are just crazier then the rest of us."
"Let us test these hearts."
Let dead people do your work for you.
~Robert Lang

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #13 on: 7 March 2012, 02:37:55 PM »
lol you are helping with something else lol