Author Topic: Again: Player with color nick.  (Read 10757 times)

Offline cjm721 (OP)

• [FORUM BANNED]
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 0
    • View profile
Again: Player with color nick.
« on: 9 December 2012, 02:30:33 PM »
http://www.villagecraft-server.com/forum/index.php?topic=863.msg8829#msg8829

Now Continued: Guess I will just put this out there. I had been on staff for many months I know what we are and are not allowed it to. Rune is not in the position to do that, and second star and you (kovos) acting as boyfriend and girlfriend you cannot say you can keep a non bias attitude about her if anything should arise (such as someone saying staff abuse, yet she is not on staff so how is that going to be dealt with)

Kovos_Datch

Re: Again: Player with color nick.
« Reply #1 on: 9 December 2012, 02:33:37 PM »
She has no perms and, therefore, is no threat to anything. It's not staff abuse because she isn't doing anything other than watching and bringing things up to Rune if need be. She is not acting as a "mod" so much as a spectator.

I see no staff abuse because no one is being abused.

Kovos_Datch

« Reply #2 on: 9 December 2012, 02:34:32 PM »
And second of all, she is not my girlfriend. If an issue arises, I will take full measures to check logs to make sure justice is served.

Offline cjm721 (OP)

• [FORUM BANNED]
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #3 on: 9 December 2012, 02:34:48 PM »
She has no perms and, therefore, is no threat to anything. It's not staff abuse because she isn't doing anything other than watching and bringing things up to Rune if need be. She is not acting as a "mod" so much as a spectator.

I see no staff abuse because no one is being abused.

But if she is acting as staff she has to follow the same rules as staff, and not all staff abuse has to do with commands, ie telling someone to do something and they do it because she has that acting mod nick/title.

Offline cayrat

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #4 on: 9 December 2012, 02:39:55 PM »
Ok.. This is out of hand.

1. Rune. Even I know you do not temporally mod someone. Even if the server is out of control. You just mute the spammers and get your word in, even if you have to raise your voice.

2. Kovos. Do not lock the thread on a matter like this, unless you are sure an admin has seen it. They might want to remind rune of what he can and can not do.

Please and thanks,
~cay
"Everyone is crazy, some are just crazier then the rest of us."
"Let us test these hearts."
Let dead people do your work for you.
~Robert Lang

Offline xxbabygirlstar

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • They say true love hurts, well this could kill me
    • View profile
    • Youtubez!
« Reply #5 on: 9 December 2012, 02:44:02 PM »

second star and you (kovos) acting as boyfriend and girlfriend you cannot say you can keep a non bias attitude about her if anything should arise (such as someone saying staff abuse, yet she is not on staff so how is that going to be dealt with)

I would really appreciate if people would stop calling us boyfriend and girlfriend.
I had no powers, I was just a figurehead. I had no powers, perms, or anything of the sort, just a new nickname with color. I never had to act, and Rune told me to talk to him if any problems would arise.

Steam name: xxbabygirlstar
Skype name: xxbabygirlstar
Youtube channel: http://youtube.com/xxbabygirlstar
Battle.net: xxbabygirlstar@aim.com

Offline Runek

• Cheese
  • Where there's a Shadow, there's a Light.
    • View profile
« Reply #6 on: 9 December 2012, 02:46:09 PM »
I appreciate everyone's input on this.

I needed help moderating the server, and I took what actions I deemed necessary, and I stand by them.

These are certainly open for review by an admin if necessary.

Since more mods are on now Star has be 'untemped' from mod duty. I appreciate her help.

Offline cjm721 (OP)

• [FORUM BANNED]
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #7 on: 9 December 2012, 02:48:22 PM »

second star and you (kovos) acting as boyfriend and girlfriend you cannot say you can keep a non bias attitude about her if anything should arise (such as someone saying staff abuse, yet she is not on staff so how is that going to be dealt with)

I would really appreciate if people would stop calling us boyfriend and girlfriend.
I had no powers, I was just a figurehead. I had no powers, perms, or anything of the sort, just a new nickname with color. I never had to act, and Rune told me to talk to him if any problems would arise.

You had the power of appearing to be a staff member. And to your personal life you do talk about being kovos's room rather alot on global so either way you two hang out alot.

Now if you where wanting to just help rune a nick like Staff_Helper has a much different connotation then Acting_Mod as one is exclusive and the other inclusive to being on staff. Also color nick is not allowed to non-donators. That is just a rule of the staff.

Also if you needed help rune you could of asked on skype as there where several other staff sitting there (one of which was cay who I informed).

Offline Runek

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #8 on: 9 December 2012, 02:50:00 PM »

You had the power of appearing to be a staff member. And to your personal life you do talk about being kovos's room rather alot on global so either way you two hang out alot.

Now if you where wanting to just help rune a nick like Staff_Helper has a much different connotation then Acting_Mod as one is exclusive and the other inclusive to being on staff. Also color nick is not allowed to non-donators. That is just a rule of the staff.

Also if you needed help rune you could of asked on skype as there where several other staff sitting there (one of which was cay who I informed).

No other staff were online. Cay is set to busy status.

As I have said, my actions are certainly open for review as admins deem necessary.

Thanks, :)

Kovos_Datch

« Reply #9 on: 9 December 2012, 02:52:06 PM »
Again, she was acting as a "watchman" more than as a "mod" because she had no powers.

I can understand how this may be controversial, but I really seen no harm in it because Star had no powers and no ability to command anyone. She had no [M] in front of her name and she wasn't technically a mod.

And, as I said before, if anyone claims staff abuse, I will look over it and make a fair, unbiased judgement.

Rune, I can understand why you did what you did, but perhaps it may have been handled in a better way.

From what Rune has told me, he gave her that nick. Do not cast blame on her because it was not her who /nicked herself.

Offline xxbabygirlstar

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
    • View profile
    • Youtubez!
« Reply #10 on: 9 December 2012, 02:55:49 PM »

From what Rune has told me, he gave her that nick. Do not cast blame on her because it was not her who /nicked herself.

This is correct. I did not /nick myself.

Offline cjm721 (OP)

• [FORUM BANNED]
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #11 on: 9 December 2012, 03:03:12 PM »

You could of /nick it off to, it more falls on rune for doing then allowing it (look at the second picture). You have no access to color nick so you could not of put it on yourself, but does not mean your completely clean either (but a staff member saying something is alright not going to punish the player for the staff member's mistakes, just remember in the future)

Offline Runek

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #12 on: 9 December 2012, 03:05:27 PM »

You could of /nick it off to, it more falls on rune for doing then allowing it (look at the second picture). You have no access to color nick so you could not of put it on yourself, but does not mean your completely clean either (but a staff member saying something is alright not going to punish the player for the staff member's mistakes, just remember in the future)

Star did as I requested - she helped me out.

I changed her nick and indicated it was OK.

She is blameless in this, so please stop trying to moderate and cast blame on her. :)

Offline cjm721 (OP)

• [FORUM BANNED]
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #13 on: 9 December 2012, 03:17:44 PM »

Star did as I requested - she helped me out.

I changed her nick and indicated it was OK.

She is blameless in this, so please stop trying to moderate and cast blame on her. :)

"(but a staff member saying something is alright not going to punish the player for the staff member's mistakes, just remember in the future)"

I guess I should also of added that the staff member remember also. This is not the first time a color nick to a non donator since I resigned.

Offline Runek

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #14 on: 9 December 2012, 03:21:36 PM »
You are correct!

I gave Star a colored nickname for about 30 seconds the other night to torment Kovos. :)

Offline cjm721 (OP)

• [FORUM BANNED]
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #15 on: 9 December 2012, 03:22:47 PM »
You are correct!

I gave Star a colored nickname for about 30 seconds the other night to torment Kovos. :)

Still does not change that color nick for non donator is not allowed, which I also reminded then too.

Offline Runek

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #16 on: 9 December 2012, 03:24:11 PM »
You are correct!

Still does not change that color nick for non donator is not allowed, which I also reminded then too.

Also correct!

Offline Airbongo

• Staff Member | Administrator
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 69
  • Eh, what's up, doc?
    • View profile
« Reply #17 on: 9 December 2012, 03:47:21 PM »
Rune, stop giving colored nicknames to the dirty non donor peasants. They are gonna get them all dirty with their nasty hands.

My reaction when reading this post.

« Last Edit: 9 December 2012, 03:50:56 PM by airborne101st45 »

Offline Runek

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #18 on: 9 December 2012, 03:48:15 PM »

You did request a side of drama, didn't you?

I have it right here on the order form..

Offline Airbongo

• Cheese
  • Eh, what's up, doc?
    • View profile
« Reply #19 on: 9 December 2012, 03:52:28 PM »

Rune, stop giving colored nicknames to the dirty non donor peasants. They are gonna get them all dirty with their nasty hands.

Offline Runek

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #20 on: 9 December 2012, 03:53:10 PM »

Roger Wilco :)

Kovos_Datch

« Reply #21 on: 9 December 2012, 03:59:55 PM »

Is that from "A Beautiful Mind"?

On a side note, I think both sides have been able to voice their opinions. Both side have had valid arguments.

As a PR, my decision is this: Rune needed some help today so he "elevated" xxbabygirlstar to a deputy position. She, however, did not have any sort of irregular perms and was only serving as a "watchman" for the chat. She had no "bite to her bark". These actions, although not a major issue, do seem a bit questionable. I do not consider it staff abuse because nobody was hurt/abused in the process.

Cj, knowing Star and I are good friends, accused me of being biased. However, I believe the exact opposite. I, personally, scrutinize my friends to make sure they stay safe and sound. If such issues were raised (aka "staff abuse" on her part [even though she is not technically staff]), I would be even more hard-pressed to find the truth. Friendship is not only love, but scrutiny as well. Friends are supposed to keep other friends "in line".

I believe both sides have been heard out here... and I believe it is time we wait for an owner to comment on this. Until then, I request that nobody post in this thread. I will leave it unlocked in case more evidence arises, but I do not see the need to continue this bickering and banter.

Thank you, Cj, for bringing this up and thank you, Rune, for your input.

Offline cjm721 (OP)

• [FORUM BANNED]
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #22 on: 9 December 2012, 04:12:19 PM »

Is that from "A Beautiful Mind"?

On a side note, I think both sides have been able to voice their opinions. Both side have had valid arguments.

As a PR, my decision is this: Rune needed some help today so he "elevated" xxbabygirlstar to a deputy position. She, however, did not have any sort of irregular perms and was only serving as a "watchman" for the chat. She had no "bite to her bark". These actions, although not a major issue, do seem a bit questionable. I do not consider it staff abuse because nobody was hurt/abused in the process.

Cj, knowing Star and I are good friends, accused me of being biased. However, I believe the exact opposite. I, personally, scrutinize my friends to make sure they stay safe and sound. If such issues were raised (aka "staff abuse" on her part [even though she is not technically staff]), I would be even more hard-pressed to find the truth. Friendship is not only love, but scrutiny as well. Friends are supposed to keep other friends "in line".

I believe both sides have been heard out here... and I believe it is time we wait for an owner to comment on this. Until then, I request that nobody post in this thread. I will leave it unlocked in case more evidence arises, but I do not see the need to continue this bickering and banter.

Thank you, Cj, for bringing this up and thank you, Rune, for your input.

I did not say there was staff abuse, but that "if anything should arise (such as someone saying staff abuse, yet she is not on staff so how is that going to be dealt with)".

Also in real life for US courts the jury is never allowed to have connections to the defendant as to prevent most bias.

Then as for star she had no extra perms or abilities command wise so if anything should have arisen anyways she would not be able to help rune except to to chat with more "Cut it out"s, and for checking on things such as grief a staff member still has to check every single one as a player is not allowed to make a judgement for staff (yes or no).

Offline xxbabygirlstar

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
    • View profile
    • Youtubez!
« Reply #23 on: 9 December 2012, 04:15:38 PM »

I did not say there was staff abuse, but that "if anything should arise (such as someone saying staff abuse, yet she is not on staff so how is that going to be dealt with)".

Also in real life for US courts the jury is never allowed to have connections to the defendant as to prevent most bias.

Then as for star she had no extra perms or abilities command wise so if anything should have arisen anyways she would not be able to help rune except to to chat with more "Cut it out"s, and for checking on things such as grief a staff member still has to check every single one as a player is not allowed to make a judgement for staff (yes or no).

Nothing would have arisen. All I was there for, as it has been said numerous times, was to keep people from abusing caps, spamming, and just being douches. Anything that would have happened, I would have popped an IM to Rune telling him something was up.

I don't see how this is relevant. This isn't real life, is it?

I wasn't there to check griefs. I was there to keep the peace. I'm really not seeing why this whole thing is such a big deal. I wasn't "flexing my [fake] mod muscles" or even doing anything because people had settled down.

Kovos_Datch

« Reply #24 on: 9 December 2012, 04:27:33 PM »

Apparently you did not read my:

Also, I not say you said it was staff abuse. In fact, I was arguing the exact opposite. It was not staff abuse, you did not claim it was staff abuse, and therefore it is not staff abuse.

As for real life, this is not real life. I am convicted by my sense of duty as a PR to remain unbiased. You can claim otherwise until your face is blue, but I have not expressed a bias as of yet. I locked the first thread because your main question was answered. It was not a case and there was no general complaint. You merely asked why Star had her name colored. Rune answered your question and we all went "on our merry way". Now that you actually made a complaint, we can hear it out. Simple as that.

You are correct, she had no perms. Rune merely gave her a colored nick for the duration of this to show she was his deputy.

Technically I am not staff either... yet I am able to make decisions on griefs I report. As for the help she did, you are correct, she only monitored the chat and alerted the staff (Rune) when need be. She did not make staff decisions nor did she punish anyone. The only reason he gave her a colored nick was to distinguish her as a deputy for the time being.

You keep arguing the same point, Cj. The same goes for you, Star. You both need to stop bickering. We all have heard both sides of the argument and I will ask you not to respond until we get an owners opinion. If this persists, I will lock the thread until an owner can review it.

Offline Akomine

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 666
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
« Reply #25 on: 9 December 2012, 04:54:55 PM »

You heard it here folks.

In this case, I understand the rational and useful need for the temporary coloured nick, and it makes sense. I don't mind a mod appointing a temporary helper if the server is in need of Staff. A coloured name for that duration I think is perfectly fine. Yeah, I'd say Rune should have asked, but if none of us were around then I guess more-or-less harmless initiative took over.

Verdict:
What may have appeared to be a misuse of nicknames was just a temporary visual signal on her name to let everyone know she would relay messages to a Staff member. This is reasonable. Runek and Star are pardoned. We'll talk about how to go about this in the future.

Ako is gay and has superaids - Air

Offline Airbongo

• Cheese
  • Eh, what's up, doc?
    • View profile
« Reply #26 on: 9 December 2012, 08:38:24 PM »
You keep arguing the same point, Cj. The same goes for you, Star. You both need to stop bickering. We all have heard both sides of the argument and I will ask you not to respond until we get an owners opinion. If this persists, I will lock the thread until an owner can review it.

I can review cases too and I'm not an owner. You can just say, "until Ako or Air can review it" since Ako is the only active owner. I was writing a good reply to this case but my iPhone ran out of battery.   ;)