Author Topic: Arena issues  (Read 4350 times)

Offline Braingkk (OP)

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 0
    • View profile
Arena issues
« on: 28 December 2012, 12:48:36 PM »
as we all know the arena is a kill zone. if you enter, you might as well be ready to die, and lose all ur stuff

that said, at around 12:30 EST (give or take 15mis) i was in the arena killing off several players that kept on /back ing into the arena and taking their stuff etc. now i understand that there are no rules about that, but i do think that it is extremely douche. i basically lost a full prot4 suit due to players just coming back and punching me, as well as some players throwing pots / shooting arrows from the walls, but instantly backing out of pvp zone.

im not sure what to ask for, but i do think that if i win in the arena, there should be a hold on the dropped items where only the winner can access them.

Thanks in advance for any assistance rendered, and i dont mind if others weigh in and state their feelings on what happened ill make a matching thread in general section.

http://www.villagecraft-server.com/forum/index.php?topic=957.0

Kovos_Datch

Re: Arena issues
« Reply #1 on: 28 December 2012, 01:41:47 PM »
Thanks for the report Brain.

Was this in Qualia? And do you know the names of the players shooting from the walls and throwing the potions? It would help if you could get us that.

Offline Akomine

• Staff Member | Administrator
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 666
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
« Reply #2 on: 28 December 2012, 02:06:19 PM »
I agree that the petty killing of the winner by using /back and attacking from the walls (wow, that's lame guys) is very douchey. Give us some names.

By the way, I'm going to see if I can put a cap on how many times you can use /back in a minute or so, to keep this kind of stuff down.

Ako is gay and has superaids - Air

Offline Airbongo

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 69
  • Eh, what's up, doc?
    • View profile
« Reply #3 on: 28 December 2012, 02:12:47 PM »
I agree that the petty killing of the winner by using /back and attacking from the walls (wow, that's lame guys) is very douchey. Give us some names.

By the way, I'm going to see if I can put a cap on how many times you can use /back in a minute or so, to keep this kind of stuff down.

I found this plugin. http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/booscooldowns/
I'll take a look at it when I'm using my computer. 

Offline DarkenedAngel

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #4 on: 28 December 2012, 02:24:24 PM »
Not sure if that will help a lot. If i remember correctly currently there is only a short CD after it which is the problem... /back 2-4 on a weakened player after a fight and you kill them unfairly. Maybe have a cd on it instantly after death for 20-30 seconds to give the winner time to grab the loot and leave. Or a cd that builds up rappedly? Is there a way to block /back into the arena all together? Making you have to tp to a player?

Why can't ppl just be respectible?

Kovos_Datch

« Reply #5 on: 28 December 2012, 02:42:16 PM »

You do realize we are playing on Villagecraft, correct?

Offline Runek

• Cheese
  • Where there's a Shadow, there's a Light.
    • View profile
« Reply #6 on: 28 December 2012, 02:43:31 PM »

You do realize we are playing on the internet, correct?

Fixed. Stupidity is not localized to one Minecraft server.

Kovos_Datch

« Reply #7 on: 28 December 2012, 02:44:52 PM »

You do realize we are playing on the internet, correct?

Fixed. Stupidity is not localized to one Minecraft server.

No, but it attracts *gulp* general stupidity

Offline Braingkk (OP)

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #8 on: 28 December 2012, 03:34:26 PM »
Was this in Qualia?

yes

Was this in Qualia? And do you know the names of the players shooting from the walls and throwing the potions? It would help if you could get us that.

the big problem is that the whole area was a mess with people jumping in, and some standing around, it was hard to differentiate who did what.

i can list player names i remember that were in the area, but i cant say who actually was shooting / throwing pots and who was jumping in fighting / grabbing stuff then pearling out etc and who was just watching the show unfold

Offline Akomine

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 666
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
« Reply #9 on: 28 December 2012, 04:42:23 PM »
No, but it attracts *gulp* general stupidity

lol?
Villagecraft is a magical anomaly that attracts extra stupidity?
I'm with Rune. Welcome to t3h intrn3tz

Ako is gay and has superaids - Air

Kovos_Datch

« Reply #10 on: 29 December 2012, 09:25:49 AM »
Alright, to restate the rules, pvping on the arena walls is douchey.

As brain has no idea who attacked him, it is going to be difficult to punish the evil-doers. I see no reason to keep this thread open anymore.

Topic Locked